• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a role

but my new laptop has no built-in mic

10/10 for worst cameo ever
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

We're not just giving anyone a role, to give someone a role takes a lot of effort because there is a lot of writing and more involved

Comment

And this turned on my rant mode.
        Might as well say: exclusive project for inner circle higher order members only. All other members excluded.

Why was this advertised on the forums and to the rest of the community that cannot take any part in the creation of?

Sorry about being a killjoy, but it just ticks me off when I see this sort of thing and I had to speak cause I wasn't going to get any sleep bottling it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
          And this turned on my rant mode.
          Might as well say: exclusive project for inner circle higher order members only. All other members excluded.

Why was this advertised on the forums and to the rest of the community that cannot take any part in the creation of?

Sorry about being a killjoy, but it just ticks me off when I see this sort of thing and I had to speak cause I wasn't going to get any sleep bottling it up.
          I merely posted this as a joke; I didn't think anyone would be actually be... making this.
          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

The original purpose of the thread, I understood as a joke. But from there, things just turned into something that rubbed me the wrong way. =w=;

RL things I notice has turned me against anything that sounds like it's an "exclusive thing"
            (The reason why whenever anyone mentions they RP I extend invitations to join the RP group immediately.)
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-05-2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

It's note exclusive by any means. I mean, yes we can't give everyone a route, but that does not mean in any way that people cannot make appearances or even be powerful support characters. Also, key never said no one that isn't "special" will be getting a role; she just said that it does take a lot of effort to write roles so not literally every person who has every come into contact with the server will be able to get a line or two in. That being said, anyone who's active in the community and wants to be in this, I can see it definitely happening. Again, I just can't say everyone will be getting their own routes.

Comment

I don't want a route or anything. If anything I would be fine with a simple bit part, or a support character in a different route.

I also would be glad to do a voice over for any lines for me if I do happen to make an appearance.

Comment

Anyone willing to do voiceovers for appearances, big or small, will have the option to do so, rest assured :P

Comment

since we are actually doing this now shouldn't we maybe put together a team to work on it rather than just dreaming of it? I'll try to get my mic back so i can do a voice over but i can't make any promises. I can also work on writing a script. as far as programming and art work go.... you're on your own kiddo!~

Comment

@ Remi

The main thing that always gets to me is the lack of options presented.

You gave only the concept of voice-overs (which opens things up very little.)
                      Key gave no options and to most would be a flat out rejection, thus turning most people away immediately (unless someone asks about my next point)

Although you might be trying to open things up to the community, you all don't do it in the fashion that would inspire hope.
                      I mean, ok voice-overs...that's great and all but...
                      Not really taking advantage of the type of people that are here.

My point: the most active users that consistently come on the forums are RPers ... writers (And I know everyone else is even good at writing so...)

Key shot down people by saying that it takes too much effort to write and program the thing...
                      Of course the understandable thing is that, as what happened with the group concept I experimented with here, humans are lazy creatures, therefore Key took on the stand that would assume that it would be the initial people that are working on this project that would have to work out everything because the assumption of people being lazy.

This ignores the fact that, depending on who asks, people will bend over backwards to help. (I mean...how many people would turn down helping some world leader?)

...ye have an army of writers here. I see no point in not giving the option to write out parts.

Comment

Are you seriously making a big deal out of this?

To be fair I misworded my sentence anyway, I meant "we're not going to give JUST anyone a role" in the sense that not everyone's going to be able to have a path. Stop being over dramatic over a dating simulator.

Comment

There are things that go with games called DLCs maybe you have heard of them before. We can easily make a villain game where it's mostly the well known members of yukkuricraft (who are willing) be in the game and then let anyone who wants to make one make their own DLC for the game where they can have themselves in a story or even have their own route. it's as simple as making the game open source. you should really try to reason with people before biting their head off for no reason.

Comment

@ Key
                            You're not reading what I'm saying.

Originally posted by Cucoo5

Key shot down people by saying that it takes too much effort to write and program the thing...
                            Of course the understandable thing is that humans are lazy creatures, therefore Key took on the stand that would assume that it would be the initial people that are working on this project that would have to work out everything because the assumption of people being lazy.
                            Am I wrong with my interpretation on why you're saying what you are?

You're looking at everyone thinking that if everyone had a role, it would be more work on your end because you're assuming that people just want a free ride. You're trying to cut down the work load for "the inner circle" which this was meant for at the beginning. This wasn't meant for us commoners to begin with.

My stand is that you're trying to exclude to lessen the work on something that's for fun.
                            My point is there's more to the community than just the tightly knit group.

Is it such a bad idea to say "If you want a part, make it your self and then we can compile it."
                            Or is compiling something that has been prepared still "too much work" which would mean you would still be against others participating and would rather keep to the "inner circle" and just shun everyone else to just having "voice overs" ?

Of course most people will just read this last line and respond to this last line, but the reason I'm going on about this is not just about the simulator, it's the fact that it's a project which I could easily see everyone...and by everyone I mean anyone willing...would like to contribute by adding parts in which each member that wishes to participate creates themselves.

Please tell me where my interpretation is wrong and please tell me why I would be wrong.

Comment

Your argument is so pointless and being pulled from no where. You are literally grasping at straws just for the sake of debate for no reason. Keep up this pointless bickering and there will be consequences. I don't know why you're assuming all of these things let-alone making a big deal out of it, it was not my intention to give you this impression so if you could kindly stop bickering, it would be much appreciated.

Not everyone will have a unique path, there needs to be background and supporting characters too. There are tons of people whom are not active enough in the community or the server to be considered a representative of Yukkuricraft or its community, which is what we'd expect to see as paths in the Yukkuricraft Dating Simulator. Being an active roleplayer does not give you street cred and instant access to our dating simulator.

I would assume that our priority are staff and people who are well-known to everyone and stand as a representative of the server. After we've gotten those straightened out we will consider what happens next. Like I said, it was never my intention to "shut you down", I was merely stating the facts that not everyone has instant access from the beginning.

Perhaps the roleplay section can have their own "classroom" in the simulator, like a writing club of some sort! Assuming the simulator takes place in a school.
                              Last edited by Keychain; 01-05-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                                Not everyone will have a unique path, there needs to be background and supporting characters too. There are tons of people whom are not active enough in the community or the server to be considered a representative of Yukkuricraft or its community, which is what we'd expect to see as paths in the Yukkuricraft Dating Simulator. Being an active roleplayer does not give you street cred and instant access to our dating simulator.
                                Originally posted by Keychain
                                I would assume that our priority are staff and people who are well-known to everyone and stand as a representative of the server. After we've gotten those straightened out we will consider what happens next. Like I said, it was never my intention to "shut you down", I was merely stating the facts that not everyone has instant access from the beginning.

Perhaps the roleplay section can have their own "classroom" in the simulator, like a writing club of some sort! Assuming the simulator takes place in a school.

And you finally answer my questions and cleared up all the points I was going on about.
                                These were the responses I was looking for.

Options.
                                Thank you.

And sorry for going off on a tangent there, If I see anything that sounds "elitist inner circle" I just go off cause of personal reasons.

EDIT: To explain the personal reasons is because back in my highschool life I was that odd man out in most things. I never was given opportunities to do anything. One of my first ever friends gave me the opportunity to join their group. Before I tried to ask about joining something and I was rejected.
                                Ever since that I see it as an injustice to just turn down someone without giving them some sort of option.
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-05-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X