Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting crash in Minecraft...

Before I start, a few notes
    *This wasn't related to Yukkuricraft. I'm just posting it here for the hell of it.
    *I don't believe this to be an actual haunting or any real Herobrine encounter. I blame it entirely on coincidences and the buggy state of Minecraft Alpha.
    ---

So, if you know the basic controls of the Minecraft Launcher in its current state, then you know you can go back to older versions of Minecraft. All the "Nostalgia" people are having nerdgasms over being able to play Beta and Alpha again. Frankly, I hated those versions for how buggy and lacking they were. I knew of Minecraft since Alpha, but only played when 1.0.0 came out. Even then, I dislike going back that early. The farthest back I'll go willingly to enjoy the game is 2 full versions [Current version is 1.8, farthest back I'll go is 1.6.4]

However, a friend of mine told me to make a conspiracy joke video regarding Herobrine by exploring Minecraft Alpha v1.0.16 [The version where he appeared was v1.0.16_02, but that version is not available in the launcher]. I went to do so, however a series of interesting events happened (this whole story took place in a 60 second span)

First, the game took a few more seconds to load than usual [Blame it on the lag since I was running like 3 things and downloading a game], then the splash text message I got read "Haunted" [The RNG is perfect in this game.]

After that, there were absolutely no menu sounds in the game. As in, the usual *click* sound when you click on buttons was not there. Turning sound on and off constantly, adjusting volumes, etc. refused to fix the problem. I ignored it, blaming both the buggy game and my sound engine, and created a new world.

SUDDENLY SLENDERMAN *cough* no. Upon the world generating, it stopped halfway through and suddenly crashed. Lightshot was glitching out at the time, so I couldn't screenshot the crash report you get in the game window itself, but it simply read:

Minecraft has crashed!

*** BEGIN ERROR REPORT ***

*** END ERROR REPORT ***

Whenever I closed out the window, the launcher never came back up. I have it set so that the launcher re-opens upon the game closing, regardless of crash or manual closing. [Tenshi has helped me prove several times that the launcher doesn't close out on a game crash because of peaches.]

I checked task manager. No sign of the launcher, nor the game. So, not only did the game crash, the launcher crashed with it. This is unusual in the fact they are separate processes and the game crashing doesn't affect the launcher.

I went to the game files to see if an error report generated. Oddly enough, one did not. This is both the first time I've seen the launcher crash AND the error report not generate.

Again, I blame this series of events on coincidences and the buggy state of Minecraft Alpha, but I felt like sharing it to see what kind of response I get for it.

*equips flak jacket*
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Emm so... Should we blame Tenko then?
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
      Before I start, a few notes
      *This wasn't related to Yukkuricraft. I'm just posting it here for the hell of it.
      Did you even read the post nick?

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

@Shimi
        Oh, ok that explains it now
        #Derp

@Tenko
        Sorry for blaming you

@G4m3r
        Little question:
        After that crash... Did you tried using that MC version again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
          @G4m3r
          Little question:
          After that crash... Did you tried using that MC version again?
          Had something interesting happened afterwords, I would've noted.

When I relaunched, it worked fine. The splash text was the secret friday update one. Nothing else of interest after that.
          w-what is this autism aura??
          if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
          our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Hmm, this is interesting, I'll try to use that MC again.

#Nostalgia

Sent from my Nokia 1100 iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LETS INVESTIGATE THIS IN MULTIPLAYER

Comment

Spooky crash. Blame myon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redleaf64 View Post
                  Spooky crash. Blame myon.
                  Redleaf has many Rednames. Therefore RedTube was created. (<-----PLZ DONT GO TO THAT SIGHT FOR REAL BECAUSE IT CONTAINS STUFF REQUIRED TO DELETE OUT OF YOUR HISTORY)

Comment

Wow I didn't read your comment myon. I burn history now goodbye

Comment

Working...
                    X