X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to how bans are made + rewording of rules

Alright, so after talking about this for a bit because of recent events, we have decided to change the way bans are made. While in the past we would default to permabanning and then wait for a ban appeal where the person could explain their case.While we're not moving away from this, what we will be doing is adding a few layers above that so that we can catch a few minor cases as well with lesser consequences.

So, what will change? If you go on and cover creative in lava, nothing. You'll still get permabanned. If however we are notified that you stole something from another user, you will get a warning. If you then give the item back, everything is fine. The warnings disappear after some time. After you have gotten two warnings, the next course of action is a tempban. The length of the tempban will depend on the severity of the offences. You are still able to appeal this tempban. If you come back on the server, and you continue breaking the rules, you will be permabanned.

Please do note that we are typically not harsh on people that appeal, and as long as you are serious and honest, and we see that you do not intend to break any rules when you get back on, chances are that we will unban you. Remember that we are not trying to be mean, we are only trying to do what we think will benefit the server.

Accompanying this change of how banns are made is some rewording of the rules. We are not talking about adding or removing any existing rules, only rewording them a bit to make sure that it is clear what is and isn't allowed. If you feel that you are conforming completely fine to the rules, then this is probably something you won't even notice. If you want to take a look at the new wording for the rules, you can take a look here: http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.php?539-Server-Rules
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

So... This means that banned people for reasons like ERP now have a chance to get unbanned?
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
      So... This means that banned people for reasons like ERP now have a chance to get unbanned?
      They already had a chance of getting unbanned.
      They are permabanned until they give a good ban appeal (if I remember correctly). I've even seen one being unbanned before (not going to mention who though).
      Also, this is more about the lesser bad things, like stealing (in comparison to griefing and basically breaking the rules book), which are now handled with a strike system.
      It's what you basically hear during baseball: "Strike one!" "Strike two!" "Strike three, you're out!", only here, you can actually lose strikes over time (not sure how they'll do that tho).

Please note that this is ONLY what I picked up from the OP of this thread, with nothing of my own added (except the "I've even seen one being unbanned before (not going to mention who though)." part).
      Originally posted by Mogeko
      Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
      Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
      Praise be to prosciutto.
      ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Ok, now I got it
        Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X