X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IMPORTANT] Regarding inventories and 1.9

This applies ONLY to when we update to 1.9.

Due to circumstances that we cannot control, we cannot save anyone's inventories and ender-chest inventory in any world. It was an overlook by the per-world inventory management plugin that we use involving UUIDs and how Minecraft used to manage names.

However, you can put items in your inventory inside of chests and this will act as a way to preserve items. We recommend that you do so, because you will be able to save whatever you want.

Remi is a fagit for not attending the meeting.

EDIT: JUST TO BE COMPLETELY CLEAR HERE, THIS AFFECTS CREATIVE!!!
    Last edited by Katrix; 04-10-2016, 02:26 AM.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

wait is then when we update or constantly after we update???

Comment

@yuuka
      I'm confident that it'll only be when we update. Though with these things, you can never be to sure. It's why backing up things is always a necessity.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

This is only when we update, because we're going from one way of tracking inventories to another, and they both use a different way of keeping track of your inventories. Or something along those lines, I can't remember exactly how Tenshi explained it, but I do know we'll be fine after we update.

Comment

Ok so what does this really effect because of the total reset of survival? is there other worlds that items matter???

Comment

If you have unique items in creative, then I'd suggest putting them in a regular chest. Same goes for unique items in ender chests. It really boils down to what you don't want to lose when we update.

I'm also not sure if survival is going to go kaput immediately when we update, so yeah...

Comment

Ya i have a question as well. If the whole survival is wiped clean. How is the chest going to be safe?

Comment

@ImaGUNN
                We're talking about CREATIVE. Even though creative will not be reset, your creative inventory and Ender Chest are not safe. Survival doesn't matter in this as it will all be reset.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

We'll probably have the old survival world and the new survival world and use mcedit or something to move the chests across worlds.

Comment

@Lunasa
                    Nope. We are completely resetting everything to do with survival. No inventory transfer or anything. Sorry.
                    This thread has next to nothing to do with survival.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                      However, you can put items in your inventory inside of chests and this will act as a way to preserve items. We recommend that you do so, because you will be able to save whatever you want.
                      @TRXD

I must be misunderstanding what this means then. Care to explain?

Edit:
                      Nevermind, I see now. I took Kat's edit to only mean that creative inventory would be wiped as well. From what I understand so far, you want to put items in a chest in creative flats so it wouldn't get wiped from your inventory when we update, correct?
                      Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 04-13-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

@Lunasa
                        Exactly.

Comment

I really dont get it.We are going to make a new survival world or something like that when we update to 1.9?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitorikawashiro9 View Post
                            I really dont get it.We are going to make a new survival world or something like that when we update to 1.9?
                            Yes, complete reset. All inventories in every world will be wiped, survival, creative, gensokyo, everything.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                              Yes, complete reset. All inventories in every world will be wiped, survival, creative, gensokyo, everything.
                              Though the inventory wipes outside of survival are unintended.
                              Little details, man.
                              w-what is this autism aura??
                              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                              X