Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survival Reset For Minecraft Ver 1.13

Sup everyone.

So I know this is going to get some backlash, so let me first start out by making it clear to everyone that yes, we will be starting a new survival world whenever we are ready to move to 1.13.

Let's start by talking about the two primary reasons we want to do this.

1) The survival map takes up about 9gb of space on our server. With regular backups included, the survival world alone takes up well over 300gb of server space. That's more than three times the space every other map backup takes, combined (For reference, all Genso backups for both v2 and v3 only take up about 13gb). Large map sizes, in addition to taking up server space, obviously put more strain on the server whether it be through the software or hardware.
    2) The last time we did a map reset was in 2016. I expect that by the time 1.13 is released, server software is updated and plugins are updated we're probably looking at closer to beginning of 2019 in terms of when this would happen. Three years for a map is pretty good imo. The map has also gone through more than a few new map generator iterations. Minecraft 1.13 is going to be yet another large map gen update. It'd be nice to start on a clean slate so everyone can enjoy all the new biomes/structures/map features that the various updates have introduced over the past 2-3 years.

Now, I understand that obviously there's a lot of work that's gone into the current world and many of you are asking about how the actual move will work.

So here's the thing, a lot of details are still TBD. I wasn't able to oversee the last survival reset much and I understand there was some friction in our communication to the players as staff. I want to try and avoid that this time by being as transparent as possible about what we're doing, how we're doing it and why we're doing it. We also want to listen to and incorporate feedback from the players as well. Obviously the final call is still on the staff to make, but unlike last time we want to try and work through this update with everyone.

That said, we know of a few things that we definitely want to do but still need to work out the details for.

1) We of course want to let players migrate their belongings and will likely employ shulker boxes again. The exacts such as how much and what items are allowed are again TBD.
    2) There are definitely some impressive and expansive community build projects in the current world. We don't want to nullify all the hard work that's been put into those community builds. While the exacts are still being worked on, we are considering special exceptions to staff-recognized community projects. This might be in the form of world edits or perhaps compensation on materials. Again, the details are To Be Determined.

As a not-totally relevant update, we are planning on keeping Kagome intact for the most part with whatever appropriate modifications to fit the new update's theme, "Update Aquatic".

This thread/post will be updated periodically as more details of the update are ironed out. Any major updates on our plans will also be announced on our Discord.

Feel free to ask questions or scream at me either in this thread or on Discord.

I think the biggest issue, from what I can see, would be the people who have poured years of effort into their cities, in which are still expanding and unfinished. But with that suggestion of world edits, porting, or some other proper re compensation, things might work out. Perhaps major cities like Sakura would be ported to creative, and modified to fit back into the new terrain.

Comment

Continuing with what Karu has said, I do consider a possibility copying Tsugi no Sakura to the creative flats, because for a fair while now we've been working on a variety of different areas not only for use of the city but for server events, @Krittercon can tell about this, so it'd be really sad to lose the effort put into it, maybe even just keeping the city in the creative world as a record of what it used to be and for keeping ideas flowing and bla bla bla, thanks for the time and effort put into this, I know it is a pain in the arse for both parts.

-Nicolas Akushi
      Last edited by nickmaster00; 06-23-2018, 02:54 PM. Reason: I missed a letter :P
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia Scarlet View Post
        I wasn't able to oversee the last survival reset much and I understand there was some friction in our communication to the players as staff. I want to try and avoid that this time by being as transparent as possible about what we're doing, how we're doing it and why we're doing it.
        did i whine enough for the "sneaky staff" trend to finally fucking die
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

the grind never stops

Comment

I hope theres another survival world download for those who would like to continue builds or explore in single player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There most definitely will be. We always upload retired survival worlds for public use.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

im gonna build the sdm in survival

Comment

Got another Question.

With 1.13* Custom Worlds are No longer (at current) Supported. I don’t know if that effects The Creative flat world.

If it does will there be a download of that too?

Of course 1.13.1 should be out soon so things could change.

Comment

That does not effect the current Creative flats or any other world. The reset will only be for the survival world and not any other.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Working...
                      X