Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laying Down Some Policy Changes and Revisions(Please read)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laying Down Some Policy Changes and Revisions(Please read)

For those who were in the mumble last night when I said this, most of this will be redundant but please read on as this is the official word with more details than an exhausted me mumbling on mumble at night (hah)
    1. Please be mindful as to your behavior and attitude towards staff.
      • Technically, this is already in the rules, but I'm going to restate and redefine this. The staff, anyone not yukkuri, child, adult, or elder, are staff and help with the server voluntarily and of their own free time. Please remember this and do not be disrespectful and rude to them. The moderators were chosen due to their outstanding merits as contributors to the server and their mature, professional attitude. Their calls on whatever issue are final unless otherwise specified by me and they are not obligated to help everyone if they are already busy doing other things. Aside from that, please keep in mind that they are still human beings so if you piss them off, don't expect them to help you a whole lot.
      • Also please keep in mind that Builders are in the same category. though with less power, they are still an authority of the server. Disrespect and rudeness will not be tolerated towards them. They also tend to help the moderators by replying to questions if the moderators cannot answer them immediately. Their answers and decisions are generally as true and final as a moderator's, unless otherwise noted by the mods. Do keep this in mind and do not give them attitude.
      • This also means don't repetitively complain to them over the same thing.

2. Please be mindful as to your behavior and attitude towards other players.
      • Again, this is a bit ridiculous that I need to restate something already in the rules, but here we go. The players are still human beings and fellow players wanting to have fun. I should not have to be dealing with people having hissy fits or breaking up catfights. There should not be a case where I need to come onto mumble to reprimand players giving other players a hard time. (and not listening to staff) Please. You people are old and mature enough to know when to shut up and ignore the other person. You aren't 5 year olds bickering amongst yourselves.

3. Please do not be an attention whore.
      • If there's something you need, specifically regarding other players, you do not need to shout in an exasperated voice on how you think xyz of them and such. If you have nothing nice to say, then keep your mouth shut and the thoughts to yourselves. We don't need to hear about how person a hates person b or having person a give a whole spiel and freak out whenever person b comes along. If you don't like someone. You can ignore them. You do not need to announce everything
      • This applies especially to Mumble

4. No more free items or enchantments or ANYTHING in Survival from moderators
      • I don't know how item giving has worked in the past, but it will no longer be allowed. You're in goddamn survival for christ's sake. Play survival.

Sounds like mumble gets exciting, lol.

As for number 4, what's the story with that? I don't really see a problem bartering with people, so long as the items were obtained legit. I haven't seen anyone in survival yet though, so I've done everything myself up till now.

Comment

People kept asking for Mods to enchant items for them. Alot.
      Hi! I'm a mermaid living in the Misty Lake, Wakasagihime!
      But just call me Waka. Almost everyone does!

Comment

I actually disagree on a small part in Number 4... this doesn't allow the members to "Take it easy" when they want to goof around. Giving free items SHOULD be prohibited, no doubt about that, but enchanting silly items (Like enchanting a carrot and naming it Yukari's Dildo) just for the fun of it and discarding it at the end shouldn't be banned for the fun-sake.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Sorry. I should specify it as no free items from moderators

And wriggle, the problem with that is that more often than not people are either going to forget to remove the item or they're going to whine when it's removed.

Comment

so basicly, the people who asked for help from moderators got in bad mood when the item they obtained was removed, since it was used for what it was needed, then it was ok for being removed
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

That would be the case. Yes. However, because there are the issues with people forgetting to remove or being upset when it is removed, I'm going to flat-out say no free items from moderators.

Comment

allright then
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Apparently I missed something?

Comment

Eh just one question about that last rule. It says no "free" enchantments from mods but if someone had a enchanted book and wanted to put said enchantment on an item would that still be allowed? that's how i got my enchanted stick i actually had to get all the books myself. Oh and if you want that stick back you're a little late because i lost it in the nether along with a lot of my stuff but i promise i don't have it anymore.

Comment

I think enchanted items that you've made yourself are allowed.
                      sigpic

Comment

i second that, if a player made the enchanted object by the long way, then it wasn´t a cheat or anything

Spoiler:

Comment

It's not "no enchanted items" it's "no free items from mods".
                          All I can say
                          Is that my life is pretty plain
                          You don't like my point of view
                          You think that I'm insane
                          It's not sane... it's not sane.

Comment

Originally posted by MuffinPimp View Post
                            It's not "no enchanted items" it's "no free items from mods".
                            This. As long as you're paying back equal value, then it's not free since... well, you're paying back equal value.

Comment

Hey this is just an idea but why not get a plug or at least look for one that will let survival players enchant items they normally would not be able too. No one would have to bug the mods to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X