Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laying Down Some Policy Changes and Revisions(Please read)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had a suggestions section for months, you know :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
      Sorry. I should specify it as no free items from moderators

And wriggle, the problem with that is that more often than not people are either going to forget to remove the item or they're going to whine when it's removed.
      Whiners will be spanked, by Remilia's thick and long weiner, I mean, Ban spear Gungnir. Yeah, Gungnir.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Sakuya_Izayoi View Post
        People kept asking for Mods to enchant items for them. Alot.
        I didn't know #4 was a real problem. I'm surprised people would be that immature. I understand being rewarded for helping a mod, but begging for free enchantments is just wrong.
        The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

I should not have to be dealing with people having hissy fits or breaking up catfights.]
          As some of the people in mumble know I used to be a mod on another server before it got shut down, I typically ran the roll of Designated Peace keeper. (mostly dealing with petty arguements/drama etc.) If you don't want to deal with hissy fits or breaking up cat fights, I wouldn't mind re-taking on the roll of peace keeper here if you need someone to do so.
          Stance still like the world on pause
          Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
          Firm grasp, let the blade conform
          Manifest thy will, transform
          Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
          Become myth turned life, real lore
          Meet the rage on the field of war
          But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

It wasn't free enchantments. It was giving a mod an enchantment book + an item that is not enchantable beyond regular standards. Such as a stick.

One mod did this for someone. Suddenly everyone wanted it. It's stupid and it shouldn't have been started to begin with.

Comment

Tyson, I used to take that roll when I first joined TouhouCraft :P It's not really something you need to ask "permission" for. More of something you "just do" xD

Key, blegh. Regardless, I don't want people bugging my staff over things like that (and then whining when they don't get it)

Comment

Tyson, I used to take that roll when I first joined TouhouCraft :P It's not really something you need to ask "permission" for. More of something you "just do" xD

Key, blegh. Regardless, I don't want people bugging my staff over things like that (and then whining when they don't get it)
                Like I said, whiners will be spanked by Remi's wein- I mean, Ban spear Gungnir.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Understandable, but one thing I did learn the hard way though, Not a lot of people "take kindly" to someone just butting in and attempting to stop arguments, Not to mention all it would take is to piss off user X who is a good friend of user Y, who's a good friend of user Z who's a mod, then you get told to completely stay out of it, in which usually should you disregard them; results in you landing in trouble over them, plus I figure if I could at least get the support of you and other mods, "should you agree" about peacekeepers in the server, it'll make things easier on others, instead of worrying about stepping out of line unnecessarily into an argument/drama that may have already been solved or dealt with. To the contrary it also allows more free time amongst you and the staff personally as you don't have to step in at every turn and angle or quit what you have to do because person Y can't agree or is fighting with person Z etc. As such, seeing how the map is turning out and constantly having to supervise the changes to what gets thrown in, having to worry about player to player drama, doesn't make it easier on you.

Other than that, I wouldn't really mind doing it, but my concern really lies within attempting to stop something only to have people drag in others.

Comment

Again, I do like the idea (since I did it myself) but at the same time, I don't think it's really something that would require a "title" persay. If anything, those who tend to be the "peacekeeper" types end up getting actual titles if they do it for a while. After all, staff do take notice of those who contribute xD

Also, from experience as long as you're staying "neutral" in peacekeeping (vs always siding with "one side" and calling it their "win") most people don't complain at all since if you are keeping true neutral, there really isn't anything to complain about. Also, none of the staff act without direct confirmation of a situation. By that I mean no one's going to say "well x, who's a friend of y, who's a friend of z, who's a friend of my friend told me that abc so you should go talk to this person and tell him to shut up" All actions are basically taken after a staff member witnesses the event in question with her or his own eyes/ears/etc.

Comment

Editing my post because I just realized there are multiple pages, and the question was already answered.

Comment

Again, I do like the idea (since I did it myself) but at the same time, I don't think it's really something that would require a "title" persay. If anything, those who tend to be the "peacekeeper" types end up getting actual titles if they do it for a while. After all, staff do take notice of those who contribute xD

Also, from experience as long as you're staying "neutral" in peacekeeping (vs always siding with "one side" and calling it their "win") most people don't complain at all since if you are keeping true neutral, there really isn't anything to complain about. Also, none of the staff act without direct confirmation of a situation. By that I mean no one's going to say "well x, who's a friend of y, who's a friend of z, who's a friend of my friend told me that abc so you should go talk to this person and tell him to shut up" All actions are basically taken after a staff member witnesses the event in question with her or his own eyes/ears/etc.
                        Thanks for clearing that up, as that was what I was worried bout (also apologies for the long time to respond) but since I'll be taking on the idea, May as well change my Mc skin to something more "appropriate"

Comment

Just a note mostly aimed at Remi. But aren't these the EXACT same rules you made YC to get away from? I find that a little contradictory that you would crack down on your builders as hard, if not harder, than Meido.
                          I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Comment

Originally posted by Toyosatomimi_No_Miko View Post
                            Just a note mostly aimed at Remi. But aren't these the EXACT same rules you made YC to get away from? I find that a little contradictory that you would crack down on your builders as hard, if not harder, than Meido.
                            How is it "cracking down" on builders when he's asking the mods to not give away enchanted items in survival and asking the players to respect the staff, regardless of if they are mod or builder, and the rest of the community?

Comment

I'm not even going to bother responding to the accusation when it's obviously made in a confrontational manner. The differences are clear and any answer would be redundant. Also, I'm greatly disappointed by the fact that you would do this after we had made an agreement out of mutual respect and better interest of respective servers. Especially so after we had been getting along so smoothly. Also, I'm disappointed in the fact that I received reports this morning that you had gone into our Mumble and instigated the users present.

I've lost what respect I had regained for you.

Comment

I'm not even going to bother responding to the accusation when it's obviously made in a confrontational manner. The differences are clear and any answer would be redundant. Also, I'm greatly disappointed by the fact that you would do this after we had made an agreement out of mutual respect and better interest of respective servers. Especially so after we had been getting along so smoothly. Also, I'm disappointed in the fact that I received reports this morning that you had gone into our Mumble and instigated the users present.

I've lost what respect I had regained for you.
                                Will we see the Kick Wand Kick-ateinn?
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X