X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Minigame Thread

Ok new purpose of this thread is to be a place to post ideas.

POST YER IDEAS HERE!

=w=; took me this long just to put that...fail...

- The old purpose -
    Spoiler:

(Ok I'm just going to migrate a few things to a new thread here, since I'm going to just keep going with the concept of making minigames for the server...)

*Ahem*

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Squirrels
    sit yer sit-a-pons down and hold on to yer yukkuris, cause this is going to be somethin'
    big
    massive
    humongous
    GARGANTUAN
    What is it you ask?
    Minigames.
    Yes.
    Minigames.
    Those little things that if ya have enough of them ya could make a whole new game.

I've already been goin on about making Capture the Flag, which was initially proposed by wonderweiss, a reality.
    Bound determined to see to it that a semi-autonomous system gets added to the server so that, whenever 1 or a few people feel like doing something other than exploring Gensokyo or digging in circles looking for resources, they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The Plan~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Implement a Semi-Autonomous Minigame hub
    Now this whole thing is starting with Capture the Flag, but It's definitely not going to end with it.

So What We Can Do

- Make a central hub: This would help set players up for Capture the Flag, and then any new additional minigames can be added to it.
    Because it's Touhou, let's keep it Touhou. Mind the Gap. Could either be incorporated into the gap realm or some other means.

- Make moar minigames: Capture the flag is just the beginning. And the only limit is the imagination. From Myon Hunters to Tour de Gensokyo...the possibilities are out there, just need to make them happen.

- Make maps: In order to make these minigames, we need some maps to rig up. There's a few concepts, and I'm certain we can make even more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The How~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Right now we have...Sekibanki's/Scooter's server. Of course we're not limited to one thing. Most of us here are amazing builders and skilled in making very good detailed structures.
    If we want good minigames, we need good maps which means we need builders. Everyone loves minigames, but nothing springs up on its own. Make it now, enjoy it for...a very long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The Who~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonderweiss: Master Sparkin' an idea

Cicero_Pennomen: Call me the Conductor of Minigames

Sekibanki: The Host

[Insert moar names here]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The Concepts~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

->Migration of the one thread to here<-

Registration Terminal
    Ok first thing first: a system to automatically sort a small number of players into a match.

Step 1: Determine # of players

- Room 1: a platform with about say 20 switches. Players stand on the piston and press a switch to confirm with the system their existence. Once all players (of any number) register a final confirmation switch can be pressed.
    Counting room idea scratched

Step 2: Determine game mode capable of being played with the # of players

- Room 2: This is where the system (based on the activated command block circuit from room 1) will determine what game modes are available.

What do you mean by "game modes"?
    Simple: Capture the flag can be possibly rigged so that it can be a co-op game against hostile mobs. A raid if you will. this would be the 2nd game mode type the system would choose if an odd number of players are registered*.

*Concept: numbers that can be evenly divided by 3 may yield the possibility of a 3 way match...this is completely possible.
    *Concept 2: another possible means is to have a 1 vs x players match...this I would need suggestions on.

Step 3: Team selection
    - Room 3: Based on the game mode selected (by majority vote is a possibility) the system would then move players to a team select room. Self explanatory here. players go to the side of the room they wish and register. Preventing lopsided teams would be a challenge, suggestions welcome.

Match Mechanics

Here's the fun part, how to rig up the match to work with minimal need to reset the map.

First off, lets consider the basic mechanics: moving through a map to another base to get a flag and then return it to the home base.
    There's a few possibilities in order to make this work, but to minimalize damage to the map and allow it to be locked so that it cannot be damaged I have the following possible solution.

- Flags: decorative in nature, a switch would be at the base that triggers a command block that gives the player a "flag item." Now if it's possible to make the system look for this specific item on the player would allow for more interesting concepts. but for now the basic would be this: if flag is captured, activate flag return and opponent flag capture "slots".

- Capture/Return: a few possibilities, but if we were to prevent dropping of the item (unless there is another way of going about this...) then the player would have to activate a command block that clears inv. of the flag item and activates redstone circuitry to reactivate the flag system so that it can be captured again.

*Issue #1: There would have to be a way to make the system able to identify friendly and enemies. This would most likely require groups which would bring up a issue with plugins and the server. If it were possible to make a temporary system that switches the player to a player system that allows the command blocks to check who is pressing the flag switches would be one possible solution.

- Mobs for difficulty: Because there isn't too many of us here, this would make single player and 2 vs 2 matches more...interesting. Primary thought would be to have a command block spawn a few ghasts and skeletons (if single player or raid mode) and then another to kill them all when the match is done.

*Note: in order for the map to be autonomous, I would think having it so that the maps cannot be damaged by anything (player or mob) would need to be set. unless...other options are available...

- Match Timer: No idea how this could work w/o a MASSIVE redstone circuit...suggestions welcome.

HERE'S THE FUN PART THAT ANYONE CAN PITCH IN ON!
    maps.
    yes maps.
    we need some Gensokyo styled maps for this.
    b4 I was going to copy and paste elements from the permagensokyo file, might still do that to save time but I want to keep things open ended here.

Now the plan pipeline has this in mind:

Small map type 1: Moriya VS Hakurei
    - the two shrines are closer than before due to trollukari Yukari's gaps. This incident happens during a heated argument between Reimu and Sanae over a precious object that the other has... and now they are preparing for war and they're dragging everyone else into it.

Medium map type 1: SDM Battle Royale
    - Flandre and Remi are playing keep-away in the Mansion (how cute~) *ahem* and you have this irresistible urge to play along...
    But the object the adorable sisters are playing with...something is amiss here.

Small (or Medium?) map type 2: Trouble in Kappa Valley
    - everyone is in a very...strange mood. Two kappa factions have formed protecting these two halves of a machine from the other side. If they aren't put back together soon things can get ugly...

Super Large map type 1: Moriya VS Hakurei: Episode 2 - The Shrine Wars
    - Those silly shrine maidens are at it again. Except this time there's no gaps to shorten the distance between the two shrines. The Hakurei Republic has taken the Human village as a front line of defense against The Moriya Rebels, who have stationed sentries along the misty lake and are using the SDM as a frontline fortress.

--------- What I need some advice on:
    Mind the Gap: What plugin is used for them so I know what to look up for commands and ultimately settings.
    Team Groups: How tricky would it be to set a temporary group change so that teams can be created, friendly-fire can be disabled, and possibly have mobs aggro against specific groups (to add some chaos and keep lag low-ish rather than using NPCs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The Progress~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall through the gap to the next room

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~The Project List~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here shall be the list of things to be completed and who is working on it.

~~Maps~~
    The bigger group of projects and by-far the more important.
    Each map will have a sort of "theme" to it.
    Some concepts were illustrated above that were made up off the top of my head.
    Now the plan pipeline has this in mind:

Small map type 1: Moriya VS Hakurei
    - the two shrines are closer than before due to trollukari Yukari's gaps. This incident happens during a heated argument between Reimu and Sanae over a precious object that the other has... and now they are preparing for war and they're dragging everyone else into it.

Medium map type 1: SDM Battle Royale
    - Flandre and Remi are playing keep-away in the Mansion (how cute~) *ahem* and you have this irresistible urge to play along...
    But the object the adorable sisters are playing with...something is amiss here.

Small (or Medium?) map type 2: Trouble in Kappa Valley
    - everyone is in a very...strange mood. Two kappa factions have formed protecting these two halves of a machine from the other side. If they aren't put back together soon things can get ugly...

Super Large map type 1: Moriya VS Hakurei: Episode 2 - The Shrine Wars
    - Those silly shrine maidens are at it again. Except this time there's no gaps to shorten the distance between the two shrines. The Hakurei Republic has taken the Human village as a front line of defense against The Moriya Rebels, who have stationed sentries along the misty lake and are using the SDM as a frontline fortress.
    ~~Mechanics/Redstone Systems~~
    This is the next step after maps are made. Making each map move and change accordingly. This may not be as big as setting up plugins for the minigames, but may help alleviate the need to do so.

~~Plugins~~
    This is going to be most likely the core of the minigames, since redstone and command blocks...only go so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~Who's working on what?~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here be the list of everyone who is dedicated to the minigame project and is working on a Map Project.

- Terminal of Minigames: Cicero_Pennomen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~Concept Pile~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture The Flag
    - Currently designing initial test map

Boat Racing
    - Concept

Myon Hunters
    -Concept
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-12-2013, 12:22 AM.

I feel so special... ;^;...

Alight, need a minigame sparker? Ya got one!

Comment

We got ideas, now we need people to build it.

Just like the server, we gotta build the dream.

EDIT: Added Project list to OP
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 08-23-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Ok wanted to do something here just to keep this alive a bit.
        So The Terminal is built ready for plugin testing. Now the fun part is getting the copy of the SDM ready for a raid type capture the flag.
        Of course my over-active imagination thought up of this scenario:

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Mission Imperishable
        Yukari is up to no good, she's started an all out attack on the SDM and there's gaps everywhere. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make your way through the gap infested SDM to the highest point where Yukari has placed a special item (subspace emissary bomb like thing) that is pulling the SDM into a massive gap, and defuse the "device" by capturing the core and bringing it back to the extraction point.

Gimmicks: Gaps everywhere and portions of the SDM are blocked off thanks to trollukari. Doors with switches on the other side. signs in the most inconvenient spot. and most importantly gaps that lead to various portions of the SDM making the simple path to the top into a winding maze.

---------------------------~~Here's what we need:~~---------------------------
        A group of builders to make...well the gimmicks into the SDM copy for CTF. be creative and use the scenario and make a story to go with it.

Comment

Ok to whoever cares anymore I've done made a manual version of a capture the flag "raid" type.
          I made the SDM into a maze and what I would intend is that it would be filled with mobs so it would be a challenge to get to the top and retrieve the blue wool and place it back in the base.

Comment

The whole mob aggro'ing issue is semi-solved now; I'm relying on different code that should effectively make them a little less laggy.
            My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
            Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

alright then

------------
              ok here's my really bad video of what I got.

I would make a better one...but I lag horribly when I try to record so blah.

EDIT: I derped up that video a lot but you get the idea.

EDIT 2: ...I think I derped when I posted the one post about finally being able to work on a Gensokyo minigame map in it's entirety.
              Oh well. Not gonna crosspost.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Ok so I talked to Remi and he gave the green light (green enough for me) for the concept.
                Now a slight change of plan on what was initially being done...
                - The "hub" is no longer relevant
                - The Minigame map will be a copy of Gensokyo except it will be modified to look more like, as I put it, a "Mario Party gone Touhou." ...except minus the dice and spaces to move.
                - Each location in Gensokyo will have at least one (maybe more if physically possible...) minigame. Currently I have a rough draft in my prototype server that I've been using as a simulation (not scooter's) where I'm trying to rig up the SDM for a "Raid" Minigame. The CTF minigame I'll probably put somewhere else...like Kappa valley.

Anyway I'm projecting this to take a few weekends to complete but I'll rig up a map eventually with "placeholders" for certain things...and then we shall go from there.

Comment

OK
                  Here's the other part Ialmostforgotabout *cough*

Minigame for each location.
                  Ladies and Gentlemen,
                  Start your ideas.

Comment

Welp...Remi did done implemented minigames
                    sooo...success.
                    so I'm going to close up shop on this thread here since this is now pointless. meh. =w=

Comment

I would say keep the thread as new individual minigame ideas can be come up with here. Do keep in mind that current minigames are as-is and cannot for the foreseeable future be modified in any large way. Small minigames that are easily implemented without the use of, or minimal usage of, plugins may still be imported over should they be a popular idea.

Comment

Ok then, I'll repurpose this and edit up the OP for that.
                        Then I'll work on a few things in my simulation server. If everything works out I should be able to make a functioning Kappa Valley VS Capture the Flag this weekend, then I'll work out a few other decorative aspects for the overall map perhaps?

Comment

@ Remi

Screw it. Just close/ delete/ whatever this thread. It really is pointless. Since you have minigames implemented now my role is done and this should just be done by some other means. Make your own official sticky thread for this instead in the more appropriate section instead of my pointless one that was used for the majority of the beginning posts for something completely different.

EDIT: preferably delete, because there's nothing currently in this that is of use.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-12-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

- thread closed at OP's request-

Comment

Working...
                            X