Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy halloween from the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy halloween from the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Remilia's up to her old tricks again. She's blocked out the sky with a red mist using a device designed by Patchouli. the eternally young vampire is nowhere to be seen, however there are hundreds of youkai insude. Fight your way though the mansion, slay youkai, turn off the device and return the sun to the sky above.

I can't remember who gave me this idea but i'm sure he'll remind me once i see him again. Edit: it was cucoo

this is basicly a game of capture the flag. you start outside the sdm and try to somehow make your way up to the top in order to turn off the red mist genorater thingy. many of the pasage ways have been blocked off leavin you only one rout to the target. kill monsters, find better armor and weapons, maybe even a potion who knows?

RULES

1: No trying to break, glitch through blocks to get to the tarrget. people cought cheating will be kicked.

2: no pvp this os a co-op game (pvp will most likely be turned off anyway)

3: no spawning items or trying to sneak anything into the start. You can get new wepons as you go but everyone starts off the same.

4: There is no respawning. you get one life so spend it wisely.

5: Have fun,

When? this halloween (may get pushed back til saturday) spesific time undesided.
    where? The scarlet Devil Manor gate
    Why? To save gensokyo (have fun)
    Reward? sorry not this time.
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 09-23-2013, 01:37 PM.

Wow it wasn't that long ago since ya helped me test out the prototype SDM for the Minigame map :P
    So now ya decided to do a second test run in the actual SDM first? Or maybe should wait till Remi really does decide whether or not to incorporate a second Gensokyo Festival Map that I'm prepping here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
      Wow it wasn't that long ago since ya helped me test out the prototype SDM for the Minigame map :P
      So now ya decided to do a second test run in the actual SDM first? Or maybe should wait till Remi really does decide whether or not to incorporate a second Gensokyo Festival Map that I'm prepping here?
      Oh it was you then? i had a feeling it was but i couldn't remember :3 at any rate remi's plans for the other map could take mounths to prepare while i cold do what i'm planning tomorrow if i wanted too. The sdm hasn't changed very much from the one you used to make the game so it will work just fine. all we really need to change is simply blocking off the basement since it's actually there now. but yeah i liked your idea so much that i wanted to use it for an event. what better time then on Halloween?

Comment

Right XD

Also since the file release, I've actually expanded it to go all the way into the basement as well. Though for an event, keeping it to the upper levels would be simplest to quickly rig up and tear down.

...and months for the minigame map? Man I didn't think there would be that much to set up...hrm gotta work on my simulation thing to minimize that.

Comment

spooky spooky minigame time.
          sigpic

Comment

From what I understand, it'll be kind of like a stage-based pvp arena. Clear one area, move along, monsters spawn, clear that area. Right?
            But will there be a special boss protecting the device?
            Will there perhaps be an extra-stage battle with Patchouli or even the mistress herself?
            Is the above even possible? Maybe an NPC that creates monsters and periodically fires something off too?

Comment

you won't know til Halloween :P

Comment

THe idea that I think you're going with is sort of like an adventure map set in the SDM. Sort of a Diablo vibe i'm getting from your description of loot. At least to me.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

She's basing it off of the model I made in Scooter's server. You could say Diablo themed, sure, but the original idea was to be a classic dungeon/raid game where you go in to enemy territory, gather items along the way, and beat the dungeon.

...actually from what I've played with the Touhou Diablo...ya that is sort of what we're doing.

Comment

If I wasn't working that day....That sounds like a BLAST

Comment

I hope I'll have enough free time to be able to participate =/
                      sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

If I make it, it will be my first event.

I'm gonna make even it if it kills me.
                        Originally posted by S121
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

I feel obligated to see what becomes of this.

I just hope chem homework doesn't kick in there...

Comment

I've got like 4 projects to finish so quite busy also xD
                            sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

@cucoo5 i'm ganna need your help when i set this up on the server. I'm ganna make a copy of the sdmin creative flats and you can help me set up the mini game. if you want too that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X