Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i mean whats communism has to do with anything here?

Comment

Topaz-sama the Magical Dictionary to the rescue!

Anarchy: the lack of government or belief that there should be a lack of. Anarchists in the extreme cases will burn down buildings to make their point though most of them are quiet. Anarchists are usually the cause of riots during financially stable times

Communism: a form of government that encourages (or forces depending on the degree) the people to share with the less fortunate to encourage a strong population in both community and finance. (though it sounds nice it doesn't usually work)
      I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Comment

i c thanks taishi sama

Comment

Originally posted by Toyosatomimi_No_Miko View Post
          To be honest I don't see why it would ruin friendships. It's a game, nothing more, nothing less. If you're taking this so seriously that you'll let it skew your opinion of someone you already know then I'm sorry but that's just plain silly to me.
          It is just a game but there are people who just want to have fun. To mindlessly kill people, especially people you're friends with, is a dick move regardless of the rules or not. I won't mention names but there was a particular person who did it during the Touhoucraft Anarchy map, and a lot of people did not like them because of it. Yes, it's just a game, but that doesn't mean it's excusable to constantly be willing to ruin someone else's fun just for your own enjoyment. If someone is mindlessly killing me, even though I ask them to stop, they're clearly a dick and my opinion WILL lessen of them because they clearly do not care about me enough to at least have the decency to let me live in a video game. Just because there's no rules doesn't mean you have the right to be an asshole. I honestly can't imagine how anyone could think differently than that. Being a dick is being a dick, no matter how you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
            If someone is mindlessly killing me, even though I ask them to stop, they're clearly a dick and my opinion WILL lessen of them because they clearly do not care about me enough to at least have the decency to let me live in a video game.
            >consciously decide to play on server
            >server has game mode that provides that you can kill/be killed by anyone.
            >die
            >make angry forum post

Last edited by Travelling Salesman; 02-09-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

If someone is mindlessly killing me, even though I ask them to stop, they're clearly a dick and my opinion WILL lessen of them because they clearly do not care about me enough to at least have the decency to let me live in a video game.

On a temporary server that's undergoing a status of free rein?
              Killing people means they're a dick and don't care about others?
              Dude, come on. That hardly makes sense. You're better than this.
              I won't be participating in this
              Then don't. You've already said you want no part in this, so why come back digging into this discussion?
              If you don't approve of what's going on, then don't be a part of it. You aren't going to be lynched for disagreeing with people that vote yes.
              Attached Files
              "Did it ever occur to you that if we just kill each other, we'll all inevitably die? There's no way around that."

Comment

I'm fine with anarchy, but I personally wouldn't really do much (even if I didn't have admin powers)

I know people say it's just a game, but you can say that all you want and people will still take away certain things from it like pain and opinions of people. I'll do anarchy maps if the majority votes for it, but I absolutely do not want to hear about anything from anarchy when we switch back to Bukkit when it updates.

Think of it this way. If you and your best friend were playing minecraft together, and you know him or her irl and have been with him or her for a long time, best buds, would you still mindlessly kill him/her for the hell of it? Let's be honest. Friendly challenge is fine (building bases away from each other, having agreed on pvp matches, having fun raids on each other) but spawn killing, griefing multiple times when you're trying to get started, etc etc would still be a pretty dick move and the receiving end isn't going to exactly love it.

That's just my 2 cents.

Comment

I don't think anarchy maps are intended to be played like you would conventional Minecraft. Anything that provides that you can kill anyone is only good for one thing, mindless PvP. Expecting anything else is just naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenkreuz View Post

On a temporary server that's undergoing a status of free rein?
                    Killing people means they're a dick and don't care about others?
                    Dude, come on. That hardly makes sense. You're better than this.

Then don't. You've already said you want no part in this, so why come back digging into this discussion?
                    If you don't approve of what's going on, then don't be a part of it. You aren't going to be lynched for disagreeing with people that vote yes.
                    Okay, first off, I don't appreciate the aggressive attitude. I was just stating my opinion, I wasn't trying to provoke anyone into agreeing with me. I don't need to be told not to participate, I won't do it if I don't want to. I know very well what I'm talking about and I have every right to say how I feel about anarchy maps. You don't need to speech me about such a trivial and opinion-based subject.

I simply stated I don't like anarchy maps because of what it makes people think they can get away with without being judged. Yes, I DO get upset when a close friend of mine mindlessly slaughters me and my work, because it's not something I expect from a friend. If it's some random asshat then I couldn't care less. I go on anarchy maps in order to build freely in the Gensokyo world while surviving from mobs, not to get killed by my friends just because there are no rules. Learn the damn difference between being reasonable and being a careless dick.

Also I'd appreciate it if you and Mike wouldn't constantly post obnoxious reaction images, go to 4chan if you want to do that.
                    Last edited by Keychain; 02-09-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Key, they're not telling you to join. But I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bash pvp so much just because you get butt hurt about your buildings getting nuked.

if I had a dollar for every base I've lost in pvp I could pay for college. The wonderful thing about pvp is though you have a right to nuke my house, I have the right to hunt you down and kill you for it. That's how I look at it.

if you don't want to participate then don't, it's that simple. But as for those who DO want to participate, leave them alone. Don't try to convince them otherwise because you're only poking a bear in the eye. Might I remind you this is a thread for VOTING and NOOOOOTTTTT trying to sway people. Note how in none of my initial posts did I say "OMG PVP is the Best thing EVAH totally murder your friends for teh lulz"

regardless if this goes further I will close the thread to posting. End of story.
                      I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Comment

What the heck!? I said I WASN'T trying to provoke people. I was JUST STATING MY OPINION. It's a voting thread, like you said. When you go to vote for a President, you tell your friends why you voted for that person. Did you even read my post at all?

Anyway, sorry. I'm done. I deserve to get that in because you didn't seem to read my post at all. :/

Comment

I like where this is going, and the map isnt even up yet.
                          I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

If you guys can't keep a civil discussion without antagonizing, blaming, lecturing, trolling, flaming , -insert whatever else ere-, I'm going to just close this thread :-/

Also, i don't see why you all need to gang up on Key either. I posted the exact same thing as she did, you know.

Reopening thread for now because of the poll.

Comment

since is reopening idk im just gonna say that it was a bad idea open this poll

Comment

All I'll say about what's gone on here in terms of key:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo

Comment

Working...
                                X