Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OUR SERVER NEEDS ACTION! INTRODUCING THE STICK WARS!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUR SERVER NEEDS ACTION! INTRODUCING THE STICK WARS!

YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, STICK WARS.

what are stick wa-

A WAR WITH STICKS

how do you play-

YOU DON'T PLAY YOU FIGHT AND YOU DIE!!!

But seriously what are stick wa-

IT'S A-

Enough! Anyways, as we can tell, our community has grown to be inactive, and as such people are starting to leave. Now, how to resolve this? I HAVE NO CLUE. BUT I have a way to help. We need an event and I have one. STICK WARS!

To be blunt here is the basics of it, there are NO WEAPONS AND NO ARMOR. Only fighting with sticks to be fair. Should wooden or stone swords be acceptable? THAT IS DEBATABLE. If it does come to the conclusion that they are allowed, everyone starts with sticks anyways and you can build from there.

Anyways is that it? NO because how manly would standing around playing with our sticks in our hands be? They are WARS! Meaning there will be two sides and one central base on each side. There will be several sections on each side, waiting to be conquered by the other team. I will set up the several sections, but help will be amazing. I'm thinking 12 hexagonal shapes, six for each side. Or more. Whatever works. Each headquarter will be at the very ends of the map. The headquarters are not prebuilt so yea, go to the other areas and dirt house that shark up. Different areas will provide different resources. NO WEAPONS EXCEPT THE STICKS. HOWEVER, if you find redstone or other means of mechanism, MECHANISMS ARE ALLOWED. EVEN THE DISPENSER SINCE IT IS A STATIONARY WEAPON. Good luck finding arrows, though.

Now then, here is a list of possible area types.

Desert (cactus, sand)

Beach (water, sand)

Tropical (tree [wood, leaves], water, sand)

Jungle (tree [wood, leaves, cocoa], dirt)

Forest (tree [wood, leaves], dirt)

Tundra (snow, tree [wood, leaves])

Plains (Dirt, Grass) THESE WILL BE WHAT THE HEADQUARTERS WILL BE PLACED ON.

Arctic (ice)

Coal Mines (stone, coal)

Hill (dirt, stone [risen])

Redstone Mines (stone, redstone)

That's as far as my brain can go for today, feel free to post more, I encourage it, and if I see one person who says that this is a terrible idea, I WILL GO OVER TO YOUR HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND SKULL RAPE YOUR FACE this is just a suggestion and if you have any better ideas.

Seems like a fun activity, but not sure if I'll enter. *not a big pvp-er*
    Maybe something you could do is add different types of battles, like capture the flag, king of the hill or some other war type. *not a big war game player*
    Originally posted by Mogeko
    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
    Praise be to prosciutto.
    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Leon... Leon, Leon Leon Leon...

You are BRILLIANT!!!

Why limit it to war? We will have already had the stage set, why tear it down? THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!

Comment

Oakay, so sticks do one damage, making it so that you have to hit a person at least 25~30 times to kill them, a sticky situation indeed. It wood be nice if we had an enchanted stick, a little sharpness would spruce up the battles a bit. Acacia, I know this sounds like this requires the work of our hard working staff, bud I think at least one can help. I'll leaf this as is for now, we'll cedar how this goes. I'm rooting for this pine idea Wonder, ya little birch.
        Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 09-16-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Leon, you liar. You killed me more than anyone on the server.
          But anyway, what if there were sticks with enchantments hidden throughout the map?

Comment

Oak my god Lunasa. You are really barking mad aren't you? But, those puns are very branched-out and well grown, so I'll let them slide. Well done bamboozling everyone.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Alrighty, along with the help of Bob my invisible friend because everyone else is too busy to respond to my requests regardless if they actually had things to do, I created four prototype hex areas. the areas are approximately 25 blocks across and 17 blocks wide each.

I also have the blueprints for the layout of the land. There are fifteen areas per team. There will be an area down the middle. I'm not sure to make it a chasm and build bridges or just make it neutral territory.

Nonetheless, I did some progress.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                because everyone else is too busy to respond to my requests regardless if they actually had things to do
                If u want, I can help tomorrow afternoon (my afternoon at from like 4:30 pm Dutch time) or the whole of Friday.
                Cuz no school Friday :3
                Originally posted by Mogeko
                Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                Praise be to prosciutto.
                ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
                  Oakay, so sticks do one damage, making it so that you have to hit a person at least 25~30 times to kill them, a sticky situation indeed. It wood be nice if we had an enchanted stick, a little sharpness would spruce up the battles a bit. Acacia, I know this sounds like this requires the work of our hard working staff, bud I think at least one can help. I'll leaf this as is for now, we'll cedar how this goes. I'm rooting for this pine idea Wonder, ya little birch.
                  absolute best post in this thread
                  w-what is this autism aura??
                  if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                  our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Okay guys, so I have finished with the blueprints as well as the layout of the land. If you want to see them, I will give the coordinates soon, but note this: I know I complained about having people not help, but actually... I need everyone to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. I have some surprises that I have planned. Feel free to look around anyways.

The coordinates are:

X: -471
                    Y: 4.000
                    Z: -5182

Comment

Working...
                    X