X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yukkuricraft Aincrad Event

So I'm guessing many of you have heard of or seen sword art online, well I'm trying to kick off a new challenge for yukkuricraft following the
    same basic idea of the floating castle Aincrad. There will be a series of 25 floors set up with warps that, up until you beat the current floor boss,
    will be disabled for the current player challenging it. After said player beats floor 1 they open the warp to floor 2 and so on and so forth.
    Sword skills however will not be in unless my technically adept younger cousin who will be overseeing this project can set up a system for them.
    Each floor will actually be a 10,000 x 10,000 block circle shaped world that will be warped to from the earlier corresponding world.
    In each floor there will be npcs and hostile mobs in the form of zombies and hostile wolves and player models with corresponding skins and names.
    As each floor progresses the mobs health will increase by 1 starting at 5 and bosses will be buffed giants, iron golems, and in floor 25 the
    ender dragon. Any and every player who wants to attempt this may but if you die in a higher floor your stats are reset to 1 on each as if you have
    created a completely new account due to the fact that any player in sword art online only has 1 life. Swords can be found throughout the game as well as crafted although crafted swords will be normal MC swords unlike mob dropped swords from rare mobs that have names and enchantments, Axes
    and scythes can be found throughout the game as well. Mining will be prohibited but the building of homes will not. any and all materials found in
    game for smithing weapons will be obtained through mob drops and or quest rewards. The currency will be in game credits known as col as in SAO.
    At my request my cousin will add some boss drops such as lævateinn and Elly's scythe to keep with the touhou theme of the server. Dungeons will be
    either large separate arenas or immense underground networks hence the reason of no mining. We wouldnt want someone dropping into a boss room unprepared. On floor 25 the winner will be rewarded with 50 levels of exp. and 30 diamonds as well as 1 free favor courtesy of yours truly. (in game
    of course)

**HEADS UP** My account jmontgomery01 will be in the care of my younger cousin and he will be making a temporary account on the forums to
    update on the status of the project if it gets accepted**HEADS UP** -jmontgomery01
    https://youtu.be/pkox8x1LxQ4

I'm not going to stop you from doing this or anything, but I hope you realize how big a circle with a radius of 5000 actually is. If I remember correctly, gensokyo us around 2000. Couple that with the fact that you want to make 25 tines if these and you got yourself s project that us literally more than 100 times the size of gensokyo. If you manage to do it tough I will have to say I will be impressed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Although I'm not really experienced with minecraft servers and such, I believe that if you wish to pursue this project, you might as well create multiple worlds and place the Aincrad floors one world each (as there is a height limit and there is a map size limit -- on the server --) so it would be possible imo. Like what Katrix said, consider the fact that Gensokyo is several times smaller than a 5000 block radius. Nonetheless, good luck on your Aincrad project -- if you decide to execute it.
      Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
      rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Want to know what I find funny about this? I have a SAO game called Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment and it has you going through the last 25 floors of Aincrad, just like Infinity Moment but with more story to it.

Sent by Tapatalk
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Gensokyo itself is about 1500x1500, though the world extends much farther, iirc. Have fun making about 900 gensokyos if you're making 25 10,000^2 maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow.. i guess im downsizing it to about 2000 block radiuses

Comment

Im scratching off the aincrad idea

Comment

And going with AlfHeim rite?

Comment

no just giving in on the project and designing a new rpg like branch of yukkuricraft

Comment

Am I the only one who prefered GGO's map over Aincrad and Alfeim ;_;?
                    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Aincrad, then GGO is a close second and dead last is alfeim for me :P

Comment

@Remi

Actually he specifically mentioned them being circles. I would correct your estimate too in this case, but in this case it was actually rather close. If we were talking about squares however it would be more like 1100 gensokyos

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Far from it tenko far from it