X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Contest - Land of Dragons

Hello Hello people! My name is Xadrow, and today I'll be posting a little concept I have in mind.

See, I know some people like to build, and others don't, and that's entirely okay, I wont judge, but I LOVE building, and I'd like to see what the "common server folk" can do ^_^
    So I'm organizing a little contest, in link to my town, but also to up your general skills:

Design and build a Dragon, with max dimensions of 30*30 *30. It can take any shape or size you want, provided it fits in this area. This dragon needs to be able to carry players around for travel, so take that in consideration too. It can have a specific function, like a war steed, a common transport, heck, it can even be Shenron for all I care.

"What's in it for me?" you may ask. well, the prize is a STACK o' DIAMONDS, the dragon being rebuilt in survival in my town, getting it's own shrine and everything around it, and a little extra gift that will remain secret for now

RULES:

-must be a dragon (oriental, pre-columbine, medieval... I don't really care)
    -must fit in a 30*30*30 cube.
    -may not use any unobtainable blocks in standard survival.
    -No world edit allowed (for those Builders/admins who may be interested).
    -must be built in creative.

Contest starts today from when the post dates to the 20th of June, at Midnight GMT.

You are not forced to do this, but I would be ever so generous to anyone who participated.
    This little event is organized and funded by myself, so although it might not get all the biggest hype, I'm still hoping you'll partake in it. And again, it's a stack of diamonds we're talking about here
    Best of luck and have fun.

If you have any questions, fell free to ask ahead If you wish to participate, please comment bellow so I know who to go check out later on.

thank you for your read and until the end of the contest for a big update

update notes:
    *28/05/15
    proof of the prize money:

Spoiler:

(PS: this post is subject to change if for some reason the administration feels that this should not be authorized.)
    Last edited by xadrow; 05-28-2015, 06:13 AM.

Can there just be an enderdragon spawned and call it built

Comment

no, that would be too easy, and would loose because the ender dragon be ugly

Comment

I think I'll participate This sounds like fun~

Comment

If it weren't for he max dimensions and the fact it needs to be ridden, I think I already have a winning pixel art build which falls into the realm of "dragon".

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea! Simple and interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Friendly reminder: you have 10 more days to build an entry for the contest good luck and have fun!

Comment

3 days remaining

Comment

Last 7 hours and 38 mins

Comment

Last 6 hours and 15 mins
                    (posting to counter a quadruple post)
                    Originally posted by Mogeko
                    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                    Praise be to prosciutto.
                    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

ty, my honor is saved X)

Comment

AND STOP! Ty for participating. I shall judge soon, with a potential second judge.

Comment

By default, WanderingAviator won the contest. Congrats to you, I really liked the build As promised, you get a stack of diamonds and your dragon will be rebuilt eventually in my town You are also invited to join it if you so wish. Until next time peeps.

Comment

Working...
                          X