Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 33rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 7/21/2018:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done, Koko thinks it's safe to port in buildings that are located in it.
    However that is for the Forest of Magic only.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

Disclaimer: I was not AWOL.

The meeting started at 4:10 PM EST with the presence of Eiburine, TRXD, Redleaf64, DariruKuro & Nicolas_Akushi.
    The group swiftly moved to the Lunar Capital Build Site (tm), at this point in time Krittercon joined the squad, after Nicolas_Akushi guided the tour through the newly decorated Temple to The Gods the group discussed different ideas for the interior design of said temple, and what could be added and/or fixed of it, and following said topic, the interior for the Halls of Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi interior designs were discussed as well, concluding, in words of Krittercon "Just put a giant ass statue and a couple carpets" (or something along the lines).

Later the meeting was conducted into the 4th floor of the Hall of Purity where Glennkabob had furbished the totally-not-lore-related office of Eirin Yagokoro before being banished into Earth with Kaguya Houraisan. This later transformed into a tour of little fixes of important parts of the building, arranged by Krittercon, as well as a rework of the Council Room on the first floor of the building. (we still need to put australia in the map kthx)

Finally, the group concluded the meeting after redesigning the interior of the 3rd floor of the Hall of the Divine which, before looked like a bar, and has now been properly adorned with a giant tea table, and both a sand garden and a koi pond.

And so, the 33rd build meeting for the Gensokyo Project on the Yukkuricraft server ended at 5:50 PM EST.

P.S. Now Dari is the overlord of the Planet Confederacy

As a side note, we are preparing a teaser trailer for the Project itself. Be sure to check it out by clicking on this link for further information.

NEXT BUILD MEETING: August 4th, 2018 4PM EST
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Summary for 34th meeting etc etc

*ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done, Koko thinks it's safe to port in buildings that are located in it.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

Meeting started 1:20 PST (4:20 Blaze it EST) with TRXD, Eiburine, birb, 9_cirno_9, Redleaf64, Righto, Dari kinda, and myself.

We went to the sdm and talked about statues and gardens. That's basically all we did.

Later in the meeting we started to build rather than talk so yeah

check previous posts for teaser trailer info

Next build meeting: August 28th, 2018 4PM EST

Comment

Hi I've returned.

The deadline for the Gensokyo Trailer builds is on September 1st, make sure to have them finished and reported on the forums. In this thread!

Next building meeting is on August 18th, 2018 4PM EST.

don't listen to that fatty above

Comment

Summary for the 29th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 8/18/2018:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
          Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.

We started off examining Chireiden's exterior. The walls looked a bit plain. We came to a conclusion that it needed more detail.
          After that we went to check if any new things were added to the sdm. The 2nd floor has mostly been furnished. With just a bit of touch ups needed.

An interesting happened in which everyone understood a meme that I didn't understand. I felt really bullied and was at a loss.

That's about it, the meeting lasted for an hour!

The deadline for the Gensokyo Trailer builds is on September 1st, make sure to have them finished and reported on the forums. In this thread!

Next building meeting is on September 1st, 2018 4PM EST.
          summary is late bc jackbox shenanigans

Comment

Summary for the 30th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 9/1/2018:
            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
            Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.

We started off by looking at The waterfall Katrix worked on for the new youkai mountain. It had mist and water drop particles powered by a command block.

We then took a look at the caves Yukibara worked on that leads into the Subterranean Animism stages.

I went afk a bit for this part, but 9_Cirno_9 asked a question on where the toad'd pond will be after the new Youkai Mt. gets ported in. For now the answer is "We do not know".

We took at Chireiden again and gave more advice to Eiburine on how she could improve it and work on the walls and layout.

Meeting last for about 2 hours!

The deadline for the Gensokyo Trailer builds has been extended to September 30th, make sure to have them finished and reported on the forums. In this thread!

Next building meeting is on September 15th, 2018 4PM EST.
            Last edited by KokoButtz; 09-01-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Summary for the 30th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 9/15/2018:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This was an actual building, building meeting. TRXD and Eiburine lead most of the pack with the SDM garden. We spent and good 5 hours planning and discussing the sections of the garden and what things we should have and what should go where.

Meanwhile Katrix worked on the new Youkai Mountain waterfall and ported in the new Youkai Mountain in NeoGensokyo. There was an error in the scaling so he smoothed out the edges where the old and new youkai mountain met.

The deadline for the Gensokyo Trailer builds has been extended to September 30th, make sure to have them finished and reported on the forums. In this thread!

Next building meeting is on October 6th, 2018 4PM EST.

I'm also planning another building day on the 29th and 30th of September but nothing has been set in stone yet, so please wait the following week for more information.

Comment

Recap of The Building Bash:

We spent 2 whole days working on projects we wanted showcased for the Gensokyo v3 trailer.
                The SDM Gardens, The outside of the Human Village, and Ancient City have made quite a bit progression.
                Remi says he could film the trailer this Saturday (October 6th, 2018). (Keep in mind this date can change)

You have one more week, so please take more time to have your builds in a presentable manner. \o/

We will be continuing the Build Meeting tradition by having them on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. Next building meeting is October 6th, 2018 4pm EST.

Comment

Summary for the 31st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 10/06/2018:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

The way this building meeting started up pretty weak (similar to the state of the server). We hung out around the Human Village in neogensokyo and worked on the farms. The server kept being garbage and we couldn't really look at and discuss the things that have been worked on.

So I'll give a TL;DR:
                  • The SDM interior has been worked on, we're on the fourth floor(?) now.
                  • The SDM garden has been worked on, the front of the garden is nearing completion.
                  • The outside of the Human Village finally has farms, the Human Village as a whole is also nearing completion.
                  • Work has also been made on the Ancient City.
                  Since the server is still weak, and the Gardens/farms aren't done either.remi couldn't do much filming today, so just continue to build and Remi will slowly working on recording in the coming days/weeks.

Next building meeting is on October 20th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 32nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 10/20/2018:
                    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This building meeting was starting sipping milk and circling me. Trying to get me out of afk hell.

After I had risen from those depths we headed over to the sdm where we looked at the wip of the sdm 4th floor built by Nuclearblt. We talked about expanding the bridge connecting Remi's room and the Clocktower by width.

We then looked at and talked about the progress of the front of the sdm gardens. Talked about plans for the back of the garden.

Which will probably consist of the following:
                    • having an entrance to the lower section of the kitchen
                    • sheds
                    • laundry area with clothes lines
                    • maze

After that we went over to the Human Village in neo gensokyo and talked about the areas outside of the village and where the poorer residents of the village live, and what their houses look like.
                    Think of sengoku/edo period houses but poorer. Here's a link that talks about sengoku period houses.
                    I also added Lunar Capital and Human Village refs and canon information in the google docs. Here are the links again for anyone who needs them. (Folder) and (Main Spreadsheet).

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on November 3rd, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 33rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/3/2018:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off by looking at Remi's side of the garden TR had the idea of adding statues in her side of the garden. We also had a small discussion on 1.13 and 1.14. Would it be good to update to 1.13? Or wait even longer to 1.14 where there are many more new blocks.

After that Karu showed her idea of a seamless teleport to the Voile library. Basically when you're in the regular library there is an area and if you step over a teleportation line. (Not sure how to explain it) You will get teleported to a copy of the library (which is outside of gensokyo) which will lead to Voile. Since the surface of majority of gensokyo is close to bedrock so there's not much space to dig down. (About 20-40 blocks to bedrock)

TR is trying out world painter to make the Ice Mesa in Makai he showed a beta version of it in discord. It can be found in the Gensokyo Project chat room.

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros will be holding his own building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on November 17th, 2018 4PM EST.
                      Last edited by KokoButtz; 11-04-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 1st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/6/2018:

Most of the projects in my meetings will be different from Koko's meetings, but that doesn't mean we can't coordinate the same project between both meetings!

So I started off explaining the entirety of Touhou 11's cave system which starts at the Dank Blowhole all the way down to the Hell of Blazing 420's.
                        • Stage 1 area is half completed, will need help terraforming the area between Kisume and Yamame's fight area. Yamame needs a home. Let's prevent her from being homeless.
                        • Stage 2 caves will be mostly diorite stone layer, and Parsee's bridge will be worked on by Kritter and I.
                        • Stage 3 was only shown as it is the Ancient City project being run by PhantomNerifes. If you want to help here, you must ask Phantom first. This is where the Andesite stone layer of the caves starts.
                        • Stage 4 needs Chireiden to be worked on, and is also where the second relative teleport will be located.
                        • Stage 5 is the supposed ruins of old hell and I will need help conceptualizing it. The Granite layer starts around here.
                        • Stage 6 is both where the Subterranean Sun is, as well as the nuclear reactor that will take you up to Youkai Mountain.
                        For the most part, Chireiden and the Subterranean Sun have been worked on this day with the Chireiden front entrance being started and the Subterranean Sun looking completely badass (Check the Genso Projects channel on Discord to see its beauty).

Next meeting will be focusing on setting up the Makai world and TRXD will explain the projects that will be going in.

Next building meeting is on December 4th, 2018 5PM(GMT-4).
                        Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 11-12-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Summary for the 34th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 11/17/2018:
                          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off by looking at Remilia's part of the garden at the SDM. Her side is a sculpture garden. While Flandre side is more flora. The front side of the garden is almost done with!

We then looked at some rooms that was incomplete inside the SDM. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor is almost done. The last one after that is the 4th floor, Remi's room, and the clock tower.

After that the building meeting turned into a building session. \o/

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

Next building meeting is on December 1st, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 35th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/1/2018:
                            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started this building meeting off as a quartet. Nobody had anything really new to show. So we messed around.

We did eventually get to some productive things. Did a bit of sdm and voile work.

Discussed how to keep things canon, but also how to make it appealing to the viewer.

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

Next building meeting is on December 15th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 36th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/15/2018:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Since this was going to be a short building meeting, we turned Gensokyo into Gensnowkyo for the holidays! Temp builders/ Builders please feel free to decorate Gensokyo only. (Bc it's one of the worlds we generally have a back up for)
                              I think Aka_Izayoi will be working on the Christmas Tree again this year, if anyone was interested in working on it. \o/
                              I left some shulker boxes filled with decorations in the front of the Hakurei Shrine.

Other than that, I would like to thank everyone who attended these meetings and worked on Gensokyo this year! Relax for the next 2 weeks and enjoy the Holidays! I'll see all of you in 2019!!

Next building meeting is on January 5th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 37th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 01/05/2019:
                                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

War never changes.

After having a blood bath in the shulker arena we started the first building meeting of the year!

There wasn't much of anything done during the Holiday break (as expected). So there wasn't anything new to show.
                                I did have a couple of things to talk about.

The Christmas Tree and Gensnowkyo will not be up for long (It'll be taken down soon... hopefully) during the month of January so if there's anything someone sent to you that you like please be sure to take them and put them in a chest in creative flats.

We also talked about New Year's Resolutions. The main one is Build or Die. A couple of others are:
                                • Finish the SDM
                                • Tidy up the inside of the Human Village
                                • Work on Lunar Capital some more
                                • Get Heaven started

We also think that heaven would be better as it's own world rather than being relative teleport.

Announcement: I've been wanting to talk about this for past building meetings but wasn't sure if it was ok to do. Today I finally mentioned it to those who are not staff! The lead builders and other staff members have discussed remaking the Gensokyo 3 map. Nothing is set in stone yet, but there are ideas and a general plan for it. More information will come later as we discuss it more.

Talked a bit more about sticking with canon but still making it look appealing.
                                That was about it for this one. We are still calibrating our minds since the year has changed.

Next building meeting is on January 19th, 2019 4PM EST.
                                Last edited by KokoButtz; 01-19-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X