Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary for the 38th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 01/19/2019:
    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
    Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
    Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
    However that is for the Forest of Magic only.
    Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

The Christmas Tree is coming down February first so if there's anything you want to keep that was delivered to you please take it now before it goes to the void. \o/

We started off by going to the SDM and checking out all the progress that has been made.
    Then when to the Voile that Karu has started on and gave her tips. Messed around and eventually the meeting was over.

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on February 2nd, 2019 4PM EST.
    Last edited by KokoButtz; 02-02-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Summary for the 39th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/02/2019:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

================================================== ================================================== =====================================

We started off this meeting with an important announcement about the Temp Builder rank:

Basically, temp builders are expected to stay active and actually build within a reasonable stretch of time. Temp Builder is a privilege, not just some title.

As such, Temp Builders are expected to work on a build somewhat frequently within a month. We understand that Gensokyo isn’t the first priority in your life and that irl things happen but being a temp builder is an obligation to actively contribute to the project.

Should a temp builder stay inactive for the span of over two months, the staff will review whether said temp builder should retain their builder perms and may possibly be revoked. If you have your perms revoked this does not affect your status as an elder. Temp builders are temporary and as such can be regained through the Temp Builder nomination process all over again.

-----------

After that hot piece of news. We went to the Scarlet Devil mansion that had lots of work done on it. We discussed was we could decorate Remi's room. Realizing that time was being wasted doing something that could be done outside the building meeting we moved on. We went to 5th/6th floor of the East wing to discuss what could be made there. The ideas proposed was an observatory, and an area for the more prominent SDM staff like Meiling and Izayoi. An observatory wouldn't really work so we decided on it being an area for Izayoi and Meiling.

After that we went to look Hieda's house (the interior) in the Human Village that has been completed. Then the meeting ended... \o/

Also! Do you want to join in on the building meetings but can't because your schedule doesn't line up well? Well isn't today your lucky day! Because Cyros hosts his building meetings for those who can't participate in the ones I host! Click here for more information!

================================================== ================================================== =====================================
      The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.13. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on February 16th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 2nd and 3rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/04/2018 | 02/05/2019:
        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
        Building during build meetings do not count towards a Temp Builder's quota for building in a month. We understand if life and such gets in the way, but just keep that in mind and try to find time to build throughout the month instead of just at meetings.
        Also remember to let us know what you've been working on throughout the month so that we know you are trying to help and are putting the effort in.

Summary for Cyros's 2nd Build Meeting:

I've been so busy with work that I forgot to post the summary for the second build meeting. Sorry about that.

This meeting focused entirely on the Makai project as a whole. I can't remember the order on what we talked about, but we talked about the general locations for everything in Makai.

We also talked about the two potential spots for where the portal in Makai would be located when you are ported in.

Builds for Makai City will be built in a Mediterranean style.

TRXD, if I'm missing anything from this meeting, feel free to edit this post at your leisure. I unfortunately cannot remember everything.

Summary for Cyros's 3rd Build Meeting:

This meeting started off with a brief reminder on Temp Builders. I mentioned that meetings should not be counted towards the monthly quota, since everyone's basically around during meetings anyways.

After that we talked about the Hakurei Shrine having a main shrine separate from the visiting shrine based on Chapter 48 of Wild and Horned Hermit.

The next thing that was abruptly brought up was my idea on replacing the current Genso v3 map with a better Genso v3 map that actually represented a valley instead of, in my opinion, what currently looks like a crater. I talked about how I haven't really had any progress since I brought up the idea due to how busy I've been with my job and irl stuff, and didn't want to make it public, but now that it's out in the open, I understand that it should have been brought to everyone's attention earlier. I'm sorry I haven't had any progress on it until today.

Speaking of, The dimensions for the next map will be 4000x4000 blocks (3000x3000 for Genso itself with an extra 500 blocks around each border so you don't see void at the edge of Gensokyo). The terrain itself is literally based on this part of Japan. We will be doing a drawing of the general area and figuring out where the locations will go for the map.
        This does not mean that everything on the current Gensokyo map is pointless. We will be porting as much as we can from the current map to the new map if this idea works out. It is also not set in stone if we are actually going through with this idea. It's a wait and see what comes of it. Continue working as if the current map is the map we are using.

Along with that, everyone else went off to build their own projects and such. wanderingAviator worked on Heaven concepts, 9_Cirno_9 showed us the frog pond concept, and Wriggle showed us concepts for the SDM library.

Next building meeting is on March 5th, 2019 5PM(GMT-4).
        Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 02-06-2019, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Summary for the 40th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 02/16/2019:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting started off with talks of the front of the garden of the SDM. Nuclear then cut quickly to tell us about Righto's misplaced cafe inside the SDM after he left the talks on the progress on the front of the SDM garden continued.

Ever since the new temp builder rules were put into place there has abee a surge of work on Gensokyo. Voile has gotten more progress, the Hisoutensoku library fighting area is getting closer to being done and a cafe and Patchouli apprentice dorms were built in it.

I also reminded everyone of the new Temp Builder Rules.

The SDM interior of the SDM is pretty much done, we're just waiting for Righto to finish up his part. Nuclearblt was kind enough to create a google document called the Start, Stop, Continue or SSC. It's a momento to what he learned in building the SDM. If you are leading a large build or want to I implore you to read over it.
          I also gave a quick refresher of the new Gensokyo map. For more information please click this link.

The kappa village has gotten more planning to it by Wizard_Megumin (Wriggle) with the help of Nicholas_Akushi (Nick).

We quickly went to see the new added concepts of homes that Wanderingaviator (Birb) built for Heaven as a quick refresher.
          We had another refresher for the plans of the back of the SDM gardens, and had a discussion on the height of the Remi and Flan statues in the gardens of the SDM. The desicion to downscale them or leave them as is will be up to Eiburine.

Next building meeting is on March 2nd, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 41st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/2/2019:
            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off the 41st building meeting talking about the questions the temp builders were sent by either me, Cyros, or Nuclear.
            Those messages will be sent the last week of each month to help evaluate your temp builder rank.
            The temp builders also got a reminder that if they are inactive for a month they will receive a warning. If another month passes and there's little to no activity from you then you will lose your rank.
            If that does happen however, you can always ask for it again, however you will need to wait and get the approval of staff once more.

With that statement done and out of the way. We first stopped at Cirno's giant toad pond that Izayoi helped with. The general advice she was given on it was how some of the leaves for the trees were too flat. It looked obvious that it was cut off.

After that we took a look at the progress Miraito made on a room of the SDM after the critique he was given on it last meeting. He made it into a geography theme room which complimented the area it was around.

There was a slight intermission with item frames and lag in the SDM. Once we found the root of the problem we then moved on to more discussions of the back of the SDM gardens.
            After that small chat of where a greenhouse could be placed we made our way over to Voile which has been making good progress.

Naturally we ran out of things to talk about so we then ended the building meeting.

Next building meeting is on March 16th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 4th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 3/05/2019:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Summary for the Build Meeting:
              So the original plan was to work on Chireiden, but unfortunately Eiburine was still busy with her classes, so that has no progress. We will eventually start Chireiden! Don't worry!

The meeting started off with Yukibara showing us a very very large temple-like build that she felt could go in a place like Makai or something. I don't remember the full details of the discussion, but it ended up with us using the statue inside the temple for Ruins of Vina, and have the statue represent Sariel or something along those lines.

After that, Alayosho and others worked on plans for Lunar Capital/City stoof, while Phantom and I continued the caves of Subterranean Animism.

Next building meeting is on April 2nd, 2019 5PM(GMT-4).

Comment

Summary for the 42nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 03/16/2019:
                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We worked on Gensokyo or either Human Village things.

Though we did get people who came in a bit late who wanted to show something new.

Birb came in and showed us her weather station for Heaven, and Nuclear came on and showed us the Prismriver mansion he has been working on.

That was honestly it for the rest of the build meeting. We mainly built things and chatted! \o/

Next building meeting is on April 6th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 5th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 4/02/2019:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We worked on Lunar Capital things.
                  To begin we read through Nick's book of Lunar Capital things that needed to be done then had a good moment of confusion on what to do.
                  However when we finally got on track, things went pretty smoothly. We worked on finishing the Council building for the Lunar Capital.

.....That's about it. \o/

Next building meeting is on May 7th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 43rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/6/2019:
                    *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more an actual building Building meeting. We checked out updates on Birb's Dragon Palace for Heaven.
                    That was honestly it for the rest of the build meeting. We mainly built things and chatted! \o/

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.14. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on April 20th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 44th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 04/20/2019:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

This meeting was more of an actual Building Building meeting.
                      After faffing around and building a brothel we decided on what we wanted to work on/discus. The main topic was the back of the SDM gardens. We discussed various things that could go in the back such as an allotment, a fire pit, a smol graveyard, a vine yard, another gazebo etc. etc.

There wasn't much that happened after that. We had a smol party this building meeting. \o/

The trailer has been postponed until we update to 1.14. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on May 4th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 45th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/04/2019:
                        *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started out talking about cringy yet iconic Vocaloid songs, then we moved on over back to the SDM gardens to work on it some more. We worked on a basic shed and made a tree.
                        Then we moved to working on Voile with Karu. It was a pretty productive meeting for the small crew we had. \o/

Next building meeting is on May 18th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 6th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 5/07/2019:
                          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

CHIREIDEN HYPE!!!

So after two bad meetings I've hosted (I sowwie I'm bad), today's meeting went SUPER WELL! Eiburine and I talked about changing up the floor plan of Chireiden, because the old one was.... horrendous. We showed everyone the new floor plan. We yeeted the old Chireiden out of existence and started working on the new Chireiden.

Chireiden will have three floors.
                          First floor will have the main hall you see in TH11's stage 4 / TH13.5 fighting stage, a ballroom, dining room, kitchen, pantry, living room, library, storage, and bathrooms. Near the back of the palace will be the courtyard that leads to the hell of blazing fires.
                          Second floor will have an art gallery, bedrooms for all the animals + Orin and Okuu, even more bathrooms, and the Ballroom and Library will extend up into the second floor.
                          Third floor will have Satori and Koishi's room, and the center of Chireiden will have a tower that has a bell (Bell of Avici ~ Infinite Nightmare).

Birb claims the library, and I'm okay with that. If anyone has ideas for other rooms, let Eiburine or myself know and we'll give you directions.

Next building meeting is on June 4th, 2019 5PM(GMT-3).

Comment

Summary for the 46th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 05/18/2019:
                            *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started out looking at the recent work that was done on Voile and Chireiden.

Karu died so we didn't work on Voile. Instead we helped Purp with a concept for the ballroom for Chireiden.
                            Nothing too big happened during this meeting. We're still waiting for 1.14 or the new Genso3.5 terrain.

Next building meeting is on June 1st, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 47th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 06/01/2019:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

While it was on the short side, (people had things to do later) everybody pretty much went into groups to work on projects. Purp finished the concept of Chireiden's Ballroom and then went to help Birb and Xadrow on the Dragon Palace for Heaven.
                              Righto and Nuclear worked a new build which is the 3 Fairies Tree House. While Karu and I worked on Voile.

Progress to builds have been made but it generally wasn't enough to really show off. \o/

Next building meeting is on June 15th, 2019 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for Cyros's 7th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 6/04/2019:
                                *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

Today's meeting went nice and smooth. We worked out the block compositions of Chireiden for the interior and exterior walls. Still undecided on a ceiling yet, but we have wall designs! We went through about a bajillion wall concepts until finally settling on one that also goes along with the checkered floor pattern inside the palace.

After that we all flew to wanderingAviator in which she was working on the Dragon Palace. There's now an extension on one of the sides.

Along with that, Karuiko continued working on the SDM library.

My next meeting may or may not be on the 2nd, but it's still planned to be on the 2nd. Later that week is when my vacation starts though and I'll be away for approximately 10 days.

The trailer has been postponed until we update the server. Staff talked about it a bit and thought it would be best to have the trailer accompany the hype of new survival.

Next building meeting is on July 2nd, 2019 5PM(GMT-3).

Comment

Working...
                                X