Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: December 16th, 2017 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 19th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 12/16/2017:
      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
      Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
      Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
      However that is for the Forest of Magic only.
      *NEW*
      Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

There were things to talk about! \o/ hurrah

We started off talking about Christmas decorating in Gensokyo.
      If you're a temp builder and up you can decorate Gensokyo. But only Gensokyo. No Hakugyokuro, Heaven, Makai. Keep it in Gensokyo.
      I left a box in front of the Hakurei Shrine with Christmas Decoration player heads so go at it!
      Izayoi informed me that she and Redleaf are working on the Christmas tree this year.

Actual Gensokyo talk starts here:

9_Cirno_9 showed us her updated Canal of Willows. We gave her more thoughts and opinions of how to add to it. Opinions included small decorations like pebbles. Dirt next to the path grass etc. etc.

Nick then brought up the Lunar Capital. There are talks on whether to open up the FF6 world to the public or not since it is only accessible via /mvtp.
      I shall update you when we reach a conclusion.

Nick wants to start up construction on the Lunar Capital again. With that being said!

If you are interested on working on the Lunar Capital please talk to either Nick (Nicolas_Akushi) or Shimitty.
      We're not finished with the Lunar Capital but it isn't in shambles either. We left it most of the buildings half complete.
      A lot of buildings however just need to be updated with the new blocks or some just need interiors.
      If enough people come together and work on it. We'll have a large build for Gensokyo complete! \o/

To finish it off. I asked for opinions of the hill I added near the Human Village. The reception to it seems to be fine, I will however continue to push the peak of the hill just a bit more towards the misty lake.

---

With that being said. This is the last building meeting of this year since we only have these on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
      We got tons of stuff completed since starting it up! I'm impressed and you all should be too! Happy Holidays, see you next year.

Next building meeting is January 6th, 2018 4PM EST.
      Last edited by KokoButtz; 12-17-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: JANUARY 6TH, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 20th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/6/2018:
          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*
          Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
          Since the Forest of Magic terraforming is basically done. I think it's safe to port in buildings that is located in the forest of magic.
          Pro-tip for terraforming so you're not suffering. Just terraform the area around the place you're porting in. Saves more time, saves more lives.

If you haven't taken your gifts from under the Christmas Tree at the Hakurei Shrine please do so soon! Who knows how long it will stay up before Gensokyo is rolled back.

A new year a new project to work on! \o/

In 2017 the main projects that were started was the Human Village. Which is very close to being done, and the SDM.
          The SDM, however will always be a build to prioritize considering it's the *cough*overrated*cough* MVP of the server. So work on that will always be given attention.

Now that 2018 has come it's time to prioritize two new builds!
          One of the two is Lunar Capital which was started in 2014, and has a good amount of work already done on it.
          If we started working on it again I'm sure it'll be close to done this year. Another thing to mention is that Shimitty has decided to take a break so Nick (Nicolas_Akushi) is the lead for Lunar Capital.

The second build to prioritize will be up to the community to decide in this poll!

Another thing we talked about in today's meeting is the progress on the Human Village terraforming. The location has been set, now all there is left to do is to tidy it up and we can start progress on the farms for the Human Village.

Next building meeting is January 20th, 2018 4PM EST.
          Last edited by KokoButtz; 01-06-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: January 20th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

late bc of sdm shenanigans \o/
              Summary for the 21st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/20/2018:
              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started this building meeting by reviewing the Lunar Capital and it's stage of progression. It needs some renovation with newer blocks and some rebuilding due to new canon material. That said if you are interested in working on Lunar capital please talk to Nick (mc: Nicolas_Akushi, discord: Nicolas Akushi, forums: nickmaster00).
              He'll give you the run down. If you are particularly good at interior building this is a good opportunity for you!

We then looked at the updated terraforming for the bamboo forest river, had a small discussion on whether the bamboo should be wool or harden clay. It was decided that we would keep wool.

We took a look at the Human Village, the terraforming for the farm is complete all that is left is deciding where exactly the farms and the buildings outside the wall would go.

We had a discussion on the 2nd main build for this year. Which will be Heaven as voted by yc members. And Wanderingaviator has decided to be the lead of it. We will be waiting for her plans for it.

Purplefinatic also expressed interest on leading the outside world. There has been work on it but it is unknown if there is a lead on the project.

NEXT BUILDING MEETING: February 3rd, 2018 4PM EST.
              Last edited by KokoButtz; 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: February 3rd, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 22nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 2/3/2018:
                  *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started this building meeting off by sharing thoughts and opinions on the SDM with Righto (aka miraito/mirai) who has done quite a lot of work on the SDM. \o/
                  (unlikesomeothers*cough*remi*cough*)
                  We gave opinions on the exterior. The stone slabs at the entrance are a bit too much. It's too bright and contrasts with the color palette, it is best done in a bit more subtle way.
                  The exterior wall for the library and the ball room are both nice, and so we asked Righto to try to combine the 2 designs.
                  We also gave thoughts on the SDM Kitchen.

We checked out Meiling's hut made by Laeva_Steinn.

We had a small discussion on what the difference between the SDM build and the Human Village Community build.
                  Basically if something is a community build (i.e. Human Village) people are free to work on it when the lead(s) of the build is not present but as long as it's nothing huge.
                  Builds like the SDM is where you wouldn't completely change things, you'd build examples of things off to the side and show the lead(s) whenever they are present.
                  That is unless you have the permission to freely edit things from the lead(s) of the project.

We had a very serious discussion on the bat carpet in the SDM. The entire fate of Gensokyo lies in that carpet.

Lunar Capital talk, there is a warp to it now /warp templunarcapital Nick gave the run down that some buildings need to either be redone or updated. For more in depth information please talk to nickmaster00 (forums) or Nicolas_Akushi(MC, discord).

NEXT BUILDING MEETING: February 17th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

YAY IM LATE \O/

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: February 17th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 23rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 2/17/2018:
                      *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started off by taking a look at the plans and mini model for Heaven, which is being lead by wanderingaviator, and will be the new community build. The plans are well researched but quite lengthy so I suggest looking at the plans ingame, because it explains things better than I could. Plans and mini model can be found (-3357,331) in creative flats.

Afterwards we looked at the new youkai mt. This is most likely going to be the last big update for it, before we re-terraform the land and port it into neogensokyo.
                      Again it can be seen by doing /mvtp NewYoukaiMountain. This command however, is only available for temp builders and higher.

Lastly we visited the sdm again to look at a beautiful yet phat wok that Miraito made. We also talked about the sdm kitchen he is currently working on.

The v3SDM actually has a warp now it's: /warp tempsdm. Our days of doing /warp temphumanvillage to get to the sdm build site is over.

In unrelated news the sit plugin will be making a comeback when the server restarts. \o/ hopefully...

NEXT BUILDING MEETING: March 3rd, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

YAY IM LATE...AGAIN!\O/

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: March 3rd, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 24th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 3/3/2018:
                          *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We spent this meeting talking about Lunar Capital. Plans are to redo/update/and actually make the interior for a lot of buildings.

The Council building needs to be updated in details. Since it was built in 2014. Too many plan/flat walls and floors. Furniture is basic.
                          The Palace building feels more like a hotel than a palace for Tsukuyomi. There will be a huge renovation for it.
                          Temple of the gods interior is just empty.
                          Apartments need to be redone.
                          The mini model of the Lunar Capital will be reworked.

Basically lots of things need to be worked on. Help is always welcomed, especially if you're pretty good at interior and exterior.
                          It doesn't matter if you can't build ideas/help planning layouts are welcomed. \o/

NEXT BUILDING MEETING: March 17th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: March 17th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Summary for the 25th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 3/17/2018:
                              *ctrl+c* *ctrl+v*

We started by viewing a new mini model for Lunar Capital. The model is bigger and more in tune with canon material. If anyone wants a word document of my summary/notable information of Cage in Lunatic Runagate. Please look in the Gensokyo Projects section of our discord. I made this to help people quickly get up to date on the lore of the Moon/Lunar Capital.

TRXD would like help creating trees/rocks/vegetation/etc to help bring Makai to life, and to help Katrix to create the world so that the Makai project gets moving.

The SDM is somewhat on hold, since the current leads on it are busy/taking a break. It is expected that work will mostly continue during the summer.
                              However Righto/Mirai_Wakahisa will continue building on it with my guidance. However we shall not be making important decisions for the SDM.

Since we have building meetings on the first and third Saturday of every month. We will be having a 2 week break. This will be a good time for those who are in school/work/etc. to get things done.

NEXT BUILDING MEETING: April 7th, 2018 4PM EST.
                              Last edited by KokoButtz; 04-07-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

BUILDING MEETING TOMORROW: April 7th, 2018 4PM EST.

Comment

Working...
                                X