X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gensokyo V3 Building Meeting!

So since the map for Gensokyo V3 has been made, and we have a huge influx of people who want to work on Gensokyo. It has been decided that we will be having Building Meetings. Anyone who wants to help contribute to Gensokyo are invited.

These Meetings will be happening in the Yukkuricraft Discord you can connect to it here.

In the discord they will be taking place in the Building Room voice chat. Starting January 21st 4pm EST. These meetings will happen every 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. (So after this one the next one will be February 4th)

Here is the lists of locations in Gensokyo. This thread will help us keep track of the things we build. Be sure to follow the format and give everyone who worked on it credit.

Before we port things into Gensokyo. We need to work on the terrain first. This is the most important part (and the most annoying) but we have to get through this part first if we want to port anything in.

Building on locations is fine when you get tired of working on the terrain but finishing the terrain of Gensokyo is our goal as of right now.

You can work on Gensokyo even if you're not a builder. You just won't be able to edit anything in the V3 Gensokyo world. However your builds will be reviewed by several builders to see if it makes the cut.

If you want to become temp builder, then ask a staff member. We will then get back to you on our decision soon. Keep in mind, the main reason temp builder is a thing is to edited the terrain of Gensokyo.

This thread will be updated after every meeting summarizing it.

If you have any questions, then add them below.

>January 21st is the first one.
    >I have a Game Jam at the college that goes from the 20th to the 22nd.
    >Why me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyros_Lugoth View Post
      >January 21st is the first one.
      >I have a Game Jam at the college that goes from the 20th to the 22nd.
      >Why me.
      Regaurdless of wether I have a lunch or dinner shift I will not be able to attend... probably ever.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

So is it basically just going to be like Neo Kagome? Like the current Gensokyo getting scrapped and a new one getting built in its place?
        Last edited by MCSuire; 01-18-2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

@McSuire

Yea is similar to the rebuilding of Kagome
          Though I wouldn't really use the word scrapped. More like upgraded(?) perhaps.
          We rebuild because:

A. New touhou content
          B. There's a location that wasn't added in the current Genso
          C. New minecraft blocks that we want to use
          D. and just the fact when we look at some buildings we think "this could be better" (or I do at least lul)

Comment

Eh sometimes I pick the wrong word for stuff. Sue me. o3o

Anyway, it's probably not the project I'd be a huge part of. I don't know much about the... um... god (tries to remember word for it), shit. Architecture? Scenery? Whatever. I don't know much about Touhou-builds. The only places I can think of off the top of my head are SDM, Eientei, whatever Yuyuko's place is called and the Palace of Earth Spirits. And I'm pretty sure there's builders that can do a way better job than I can at those kinds of builds.

I'd like to help with the construction, but I'm not an idea man in this department. Give me orders and put me to work, and then things should run smooth. If you need a good landscaper though, I have some degree of skill in that area.
            Last edited by MCSuire; 01-18-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Building meeting today at 4pm EST! Building room on discord!!!~

Comment

Will you be writing a summary of what happened for the people who weren't there?

Comment

Yes. This thread will be updated with a summary for every meeting.

Comment

Summary for the 1st Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 1/21/2017:

Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.

The main goal is finishing the terrain of Gensokyo. Making walk-able paths, editing rivers. Nothing will be ported in until that is finished.

There will be a google doc. spread sheet to make updating Gensokyo locations easier. You'll need to ask to get permission to edit things. Ask Redleaf, KokoNuttz and Karuiko for perms. Even though we have a spreadsheet be sure to also add things in the Gensokyo Locations thread.

Being a lead on a project means you're the main builder of it, people who are working on said project, should talk to them before making any major changes to said project. There can be more than 1 lead on a project. If you do want to make some major changes to it, ask a builder to copy and paste it for you, so you can edit it without changing the original.

Credit varies on what you do, like what you've done on planning and building. Depends on the lead of the build and those who helped build on it to determine if you get credit.

Anyone can ask for temp builder even if you're not elder, getting it depends on how much staff trusts you. Temp builder is mainly for editing the terrain of Gensokyo. Temp builder can ask for voxel and get it. Ask an admin for it.

Shimitty has a server in which you can play with voxel and world edit with. So you don't destroy our server with it.

If you and another person make two of the same location, talk to each other about it.

Next meeting will be Feburary 4th, 4pm EST!
                    Last edited by KokoButtz; 01-21-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

My server's Ip is mc.Tengucraft.us

I don't have voxel sniper yet but I do have world edit. I also can't keep the server up 24/7 at this point but I'm working on it. If you need help message me on the forums on talk to me on discord when I'm on. I can offer a WE crash course for those who need it.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Don't forget building meeting this Saturday at 4pm EST (Feb. 4th).
                        We have these the first and third Saturday of every month!

yay :3

Comment

Might not be able to make this building meeting so make sure to get a summary up and all I have to say is that terrain is still a big thing to do to plan other things around.
                          sigpic

Comment

How do we sign up to join a project? Do we have to ask during a meeting or do we ask in the forums?

Comment

Summary for the 2nd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 2/4/2017:

We did a quick review of the last meeting. Basically a copy and paste of the last meeting:

Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
                              The main goal is finishing the terrain of Gensokyo. Making walk-able paths, editing rivers. Nothing will be ported in until that is finished.

We went to recent builds and gave input to on them. The following were: Haunted Mansion, decided since it was a dilapidated build that the windows should be stained glass rather than normal glass, then to Cirno's house, Marisa's House, Kourindou, Human Village school, Hina's house, Kagerou's den.

We went back to neo gensokyo talked more about terrain. We then talked about Makai, TR will elaborate more on that shortly. Then checked out Cyro's Palace of The Earth Spirits concept.

Again, copying and pasting: Anyone can ask for temp builder even if you're not elder, getting it depends on how much staff trusts you. Temp builder is mainly for editing the terrain of Gensokyo. Temp builder can ask for voxel and get it. Ask an admin for it.

Next Meeting will be Feb. 18th at 4pm EST!

Comment

Working...
                              X