X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makai - The "Other" Hell

So I figured I'd post this thread due to the fact that nobody can really start "working" on Makai without the world ready, which I need to ask for some opinions on.

Anyway,

Makai

General Description
    Premiering primarily in the PC-98 era games, not as much is known about Makai as other central locations of the Gensokyo universe. It is much like the Netherworld in that it exists in an "alternate dimension" separate from that of Gensokyo itself. Its "entrance" can be found somewhere behind the Hakurei Shrine in the mountains. Once entered, one will find that Makai is a harsh place to live. Filled with miasma and hellish environments completely different from out own, normal humans will have a hard life out here. It is noted that the landscape of Makai is notably red and fiery in color. However, there are locations of vast crystalline plains and forests. An interesting contrast

Important Locations
    • Entrance
    • Pandemonium
    • Ruins of Vina
    • Wonderland
    • Hokkai (We can discuss whether to actually create this area or make a "sealed off gate" as per "canon")

Okay, now for my question. I was going to start working on a custom biome gen for Makai. I was thinking of using the Nether as the primary basis, but also throwing in "custom biomes" that would fit the crystalline plains and forests. I'm thinking of making those out of ice primarily. That being said, I also considered creating the world in a "topless" world so one without a ceiling (unlike the normal nether) What do you guys think? Also, suggestions are more than welcome on what kind of custom biome you want.

edit:

Current progress on custom terrain gen for crystalline forest and frozen plains.

You can now access Makai for yourself by going to /warp spawn and entering the stone warp hole thing

I need help on ideas for crystallized trees and other generations in the forest, btw. Also need help in thinking of what to generate on the plains of Makai as well (the red/fiery/hellish parts)

In my own opinon, i think, the forest, may be like the Jungle biome, with huge trees, a very hard landscape, with cannons, rivers (Of LAVA? XD), some kind of strange villages, shrines in honor to (well i can think only on Shinki), this shrines could be like Mayan/Sumerian Pyramids, and even some small cities with Gothic construction style.
    Dunno, that's my opinon.
    Doom Evil Unleashed
    A Doom mod where I used to help, but I got kick out.
    Why?
    Because I overwork.

Comment

We actually have a biome already created, Lancer.
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
        We actually have a biome already created.
        That's great, then just take my post as some personal point of view.
        Doom Evil Unleashed
        A Doom mod where I used to help, but I got kick out.
        Why?
        Because I overwork.

Comment

Working...
        X