Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaven [35% WIP]

http://i.imgur.com/2151Mpt.jpg

Everything above is made by both Andrax17/Suika_chan and I. Andrax made the gardens, I made the greenhouse, we both made the village area. The village area will get bigger and possible take over the entire chunk of land.

Entrance to Dragon Palace
    Made by me.

The following was made by not Andrax17 and I:

Floating Bell Fountain Thingy
    Made by Topio.

Greek-Styled Temple Thingy
    Made by Bebatch.

PLEASE keep in mind that only builders (with a few eldar exceptions) are allowed to build in Heaven right now! You CAN make something in creative and ask us to port it over if we like it! We're open to feedback, constructive criticism, and suggestions on what to add.

We know next to nothing of Heaven's visuals, other than that there is grass and flower fields as well as rocks within clouds. So everything else is completely made with imagination.

Celestials, Angels, and other heavenly beings reside there. These residents generally live carefree lives filled with fishing, song, dance, sake, and peaches. They may also find enjoyment in viewing events that unfold on the Earth.
    There will be more houses, there will be references to Tenshi and Suika in two of the particular houses. The clouds will be worked on more. There will be more giant rock structures within the clouds that don't have any.
    Last edited by Keychain; 04-03-2013, 06:17 AM.

Lookin' pretty skeksi so far. ^.^

The weather controller in the Dragon Palace, is that planned to be functional or just aesthetic?

Comment

A weather control system would be awesomes, is there a plugin that could implement this? Only downside I see is a newb constantly turning on and off rain/storms.

Comment

Originally posted by ElemethSigma View Post
        A weather control system would be awesomes, is there a plugin that could implement this? Only downside I see is a newb constantly turning on and off rain/storms.
        The system would be relatively simple and is perfectly feasible within normal Minecraft redstone logic and Bukkit weather commands. At it's core it would be just a series of buttons marked with a type of weather (Sun, Rain, Thunderstorm) to indicate which weather type it controls. Pressing the button would send a redstone pulse through a redstone circuit, which on the other end would have a Command Block programmed to change the weather of Gensokyo -- this is where the Bukkit command comes into play. To prevent spam, a large series of repeaters could be put in place to act as a 'cooldown' in which time no new weather commands could be given.

With the use of plugins like Craftbook, we could simplify this build to significantly. Though I don't think the server currently has any redstone plugins in place of such nature.

Comment

Updated the OP to show the changes from wool blocks for the clouds to snow blocks.

Comment

So this is builder+ only?
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Feedback is always accepted and appreciated, if you think we should add/try something than we'll be happy to do so. But yes this is mainly a builder-oriented project (although I've done like 95% of the work so far because I've started this project on my own time.) That may change once it's more close to completion.

Don't know if my warp works for everyone right now, but you can TRY "/warp heaventemp." If it doesn't work then I'll need Remi to make the warp himself.

Comment

>.> How are you working on Heaven when we don't even have the Heaven world loaded. Are they small areas that can be ported into the islands we'll be using?

Comment

I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem with porting it over? I could probably even do it.

Comment

Just wondering cuz depending on the size of each builds... I'm not entirely sure how large each "island" is going to be still

Comment

Okay, the landmasses of Heaven are going to get completely redone once Remi generates a skyworld.

Comment

Buildings look too mortal.

Comment

I don't really know what you mean by that? What determines whether or not a building is "mortalish" or not? According to the wiki the people who reside in Heaven enjoy dancing, fishing, and food so they sound like they have pretty "mortal" tastes.

Comment

The buildings should be more fancy, maybe?

Comment

Please give me ideas. I have no idea what else to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X