X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gensokyo Map

So due to the way we originally designed Gensokyo and its spacing between different builds... well, to be quite honest it's simply too small to accommodate the new builds and such.

That being said, we're going to be completely remaking the map and copypasting what we want and pasting in the new builds where we want to replace. That being said, here's a rough draft with my amazing paint.net skillz

http://puu.sh/2qohU

Hat's rendition

We'll be starting on this relatively soon. More information will be edited into this post as it gets solidified. User feedback and tips/suggestions is appreciated.

Question:
    Is the Sanzu River still going to act as the border, or are you going make a "Hakurei Border" type thing to encompass the perimeter?

Suggestion:
    I don't like how easy this map makes the road to Hakurei Shrine seem.
    It's been stated that one of the reasons humans don't visit very often is because the path to her shrine is a tad too dangerous.
    So I think when you remake the world, leave the road foresty like it is in the current world.

Other than that I believe this map sits pretty alright.

EDIT:
    According to the Touhou Wiki, the Nuclear Furnace is connected the Underground Geyser Facility via a "very long passageway."
    And the Geyser Facility is found at the base of Youkai Mountain. (It's that Hisoutensoku stage.)
    I might be off base since I've yet to play Subterranean Animism, but I think that's a different geyser than the one that blew the Palanquin into the air.
    If I'm correct though, that'd mean the furnace should be closer to Youkai Mountain, right?
    Last edited by MegaMooseJam; 03-29-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMooseJam View Post
      According to the Touhou Wiki, the Nuclear Furnace is connected the Underground Geyser Facility via a "very long passageway."
      And the Geyser Facility is found at the base of Youkai Mountain. (It's that Hisoutensoku stage.)
      I might be off base since I've yet to play Subterranean Animism, but I think that's a different geyser than the one that blew the Palanquin into the air.
      If I'm correct though, that'd mean the furnace should be closer to Youkai Mountain, right?
      The underground will run underneath Gensokyo towards the mountain like it should. Remi drew it off to the side because otherwise there would be drawings all over the map, making it even more confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibuki Suika View Post
        The underground will run underneath Gensokyo towards the mountain like it should. Remi drew it off to the side because otherwise there would be drawings all over the map, making it even more confusing.
        Ah, yes. That makes sense.
        Thanks for clarifying. ^.^

Comment

Regarding the area of youkai mountain, the tengu village is said to be higher along the mountain where you fight aya, because tengu won't simply attack humans unless they are near their home. Also, youkai mountain contains 7 waterfalls and not simply 1. That is the only main worry I have.

Comment

canonically, Tengu Village might be located in the mountains but... shit, I really have no idea how we could fit it up in the mountains with the tengu village we have now, lol

I'm open to ideas, though.

Comment

Not unless you make a small flat-ish area up there. Kind of like a cliff. Just a thought.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

True, but how natural would it look is the other question, lol

Comment

I channelled my bestest paint SAI and tablet skillz to do this.

Comment

We could always make the youkai mountain really goddamn big. However, with the reference picture that we have, it's a little ways off from the mountain.

So here's my suggestion:
                    Should we stick with the village we have, we place it on the mountain proper, not on the actual mountain, as was our plan.

OR:
                    Should we decide to put the village on the mountain, we build the village into the side of the mountain, like those cliff-civilizations.
                    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

just a reminder: this map we're currently relocating things is roughly 5000x5000. the space between the Hakurei Shrine and the H.V on New Genso is around 600 blocks. It certainly is a greater distance between the 2 than in the old map, but by how much are you guys willing to space things out this time around? I know you're wanting to dedicate more space for the canon builds, but how will fanon locations work once we get around to that?

Another thing I want to point out is that there should be some more consideration for the elevation of the map itself. The hills I had generated are purely for placeholding purposes and I hope none of you rely too heavily on those! :B

Comment

Most fanon works won't make it into the official map, though I'm not opposed to the idea of hidden easteregg areas. As far as elevation goes, remember that for Youkai Mountain we'll likely have to lower the area bit gradually to give the mountain itself a more impressive height.

Comment

Love how human village initial was spelled HIV, or it looked like it :P
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                            Most fanon works won't make it into the official map
                            u wut

what about stuff that doesn't really have a canon design

Comment

I meant fanon like reimu burger and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X