X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Youkai Mountain

I've procrastinated enough on making this thread...so here it goes.

Since we are making a new map for Gensokyo, almost all of the terrain will have to be redone. And of course this includes Youkai Mountain.

Now we have been told several times that the mountain doesn't' look big enough.
    2013-05-15_11.28.01.jpg

Upon further inspection, the untrodden valley raises almost 70 blocks to meet the mountain, making it seem smaller that it really is.

The true scale of the mountian can be seen form the Genbu marsh
    2013-05-15_11.34.13.jpg

So I plan to make a few changes as far as the area around the mountain which I will update in later posts.

As for remaking the mountain I have found some of the backgrounds from SWR

I have made about a 1/2 scale model of the mountain on scooter's server. This is WIP but the real one will have the same concept
    2013-05-14_22.41.14.jpg
    2013-05-15_11.42.25.jpg

Things we also need are:

New Moriya Shrine
    Giant Toad pond+abondoned Shrine (make giant toad if you like =^^=)
    Untrodden Valley (If we don't use Hat's)
    Tengu Village (Ditto)

I and others will make updates when progress is made

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

When you say Abandoned Shrine, are you referencing the Fallen Shrine? Because that belongs in Makai iirc.

Tengu Village and Untrodden Valley will be the ones that are WIP at the moment unless something crazy happens.

Comment

We still need more help cuz yukkuris who're working on it dont have time to get on and play much easy!
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

According to PMiSS there is an old shrine at the giant toad pond where if you make an offering, the Toads will ensure your safety.

Comment

Alright. Does it have an official name or is it just "a shrine"?

Comment

It's just a small shrine with no name, as far as I know. Could just be called Shrine of the Giant Toad or something :3
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Unnamed Shrine? xD

Comment

The Giant Toad curses you ill trip back home.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect...oad's_Pond

It says It's name and purpose have been long forgoten, It might have been forgoten and ported into Gensokyo like everything else. So for now we'll call it "Toad Shrine"

Comment

Do we have something for it? If not, call Wriggle Building Co. at 1-800-801-BUZZ, Youkais are given special discount.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I have a small shrine intended to be the Hakurei shrine just sitting uselessly in creative flat. It's just about the perfect size for what I want, but I'm open to other possibilities.

Comment

put aki farm somewhere, preferably on the side of the mountain where the moriya is/will be facing

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                          put aki farm somewhere, preferably on the side of the mountain where the moriya is/will be facing
                          Foot of the mountain maybe, since in MoF the heroines meet the aki sisters at the front of Youkai Forest which is at the foot of the Youkai Mt.?
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

The Aki farm won't be near the mountain, It will be within sight but not up against it. Basicly the first three stages are at "the mountain base", and then you go up the waterfall.
                            Last edited by Shimitty; 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                              The Aki farm won't be near the mountain, It will be within sight but not up against it
                              The reason for this is because we want the locations to follow alongside eachother in the games, like have the untrodden valley next to the Akifarm, ect. just to give that uniformity that the locations need. The Aki Farm where it is on Perma makes no sense if you played th10 lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X