X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Outside World

Alright, for those who wonder, yes, I want to add this to the actual builds. What I want to create is the Outside World. It may not be much, but here is a reference.

It is canon as far as I know, so I hope not to be kicked around in this park. So here's what I gathered:

It is not a part of Gensokyo. It is actually the 'real world.' The outside world is pretty much at an advanced state. It is surrounded by... rock-desert-thing. So what we need are big buildings, ya know, something that's advanced. This may be the most advanced that we may ever do because of all the advances. Then we need to put it in a place filled with sand-rock stuff. Possibly a flat land modified to be filled with sand instead of grass.

To be honest, that's all I got. This may be my first time participating in an actual build, assuming you are going for it.

Yes. Lets try and create ALL of Japan to go around Gensokyo. and then... THE WORLD!
    sigpic

Comment

... I don't know if that was real or sarcastic, but I lol'd at that. But it can just be a little town in the middle of the rock-sand-desert.

Comment

This may be something for another time, where we can add all the seihou/non-gensokyo areas. just by leaving the border. This should be priorized second, after gensokyo is done.

Comment

Prioritize the rest of Gensokyo, yes, but I don't see any harm in others (non-staff) trying out some ideas and helping out by starting on non-prioritized builds.

Wonderweiss, no guarantees but you're free to attempt to make some models/example/idea builds somewhere in flats for what you imagine it to be like in terms of minecraft. Things like buildings, roads, maybe a rough downscaled layout, etc etc.

Comment

Alright guys, since we just had an update, I think now is a fantastic time to begin construction of the Outside World! Now then, just a note, but I know how much you guys hate double posting, but unfortunately, I am going to have to triple post to get in all the pictures.

Now then, screenshots part 1:

2013-08-28_16.47.51.jpg2013-08-28_16.48.07.jpg2013-08-28_16.48.33.jpg2013-08-28_16.49.14.jpg2013-08-28_16.49.29.jpg

Comment

Screenshots part 2:

2013-08-28_16.50.35.jpg2013-08-28_16.50.42.jpg2013-08-28_16.50.51.jpg2013-08-28_16.50.59.jpg2013-08-28_16.51.14.jpg

Comment

Hmm... I'm good at building modern buildings. I'll help.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Screnshots part 3:

2013-08-28_16.51.21.jpg2013-08-28_16.51.30.jpg2013-08-28_16.51.43.jpg2013-08-28_16.52.11.jpg2013-08-28_16.52.20.jpg

Now that that's done, Let's get on with the facts. I've gathered more info. Apparently, there was a mansion in the outside world. Who did it belong to? None other than Count Prismriver. Next, of course, there is the barrier. Gensokyo will not be there at first. But once the border is crossed... nothing changes. Except now youkai stalk you. If you survive, you get to either live in the human village or meet the miko and she will safely take you back to the Outside world. It will feel like it was all just a dream. As a matter of fact, you won't even notice you crossed the border.

Therefore, in minecraft, there will be a forest maze. If you cross the border, you will be warped to gensokyo. And we should also add something to the shrine that will take you to outside world. As for the Prismriver mansion, or Poltergeist, there will be a section of town set off for the mansion. What there will be in the remains is a large patch of dirt and a book in the center telling the tale of the Prismrivers and a bunch of superstitions about walking their territory.

Comment

It would probably be best to make the maze out of trees. If you space them correctly, you can get a very natural looking forest, but still have a maze.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry, but the Outside World will have to wait. For a while. However, if there are some people out there that can get things started based on the blue prints, that'd be great. In any case, I'll join whenever possibru and work on it. My only problem, really, is making a giant circle out of cubes, like pixels. I have no idea how to do so, so that will be a priority. Anyone who specializes in circles, can you help us out? Thanks in advance.

Comment

@Wonder

I think you said something about a forest, right?

Well, it would give me something to do, so would it be alright if I help with that? I would also be willing to help with the buildings. I'm not very good at old style buildings, but I am good with modern ones.
                        sigpic

Comment

Fine by me. I encourage it. Why, as a matter of fact... *tries to log on to Minecraft*

Comment

@Wonder

Can I have the coordinates to the area?

If it's a secret, then you could PM it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hold up, I just have to find myself a new horse. I set it as a house.

Comment

Working...
                              X