Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand neutral with this idea, I see both the good and bad, and from the current arguments; neither good outweighs the bad and vice versa. However, I think the issue really revolves around users and mass migrations, as a few examples during times snoop, snowman,phantom, tewi and I would play warframe, while in our own parties, there would be occasions keychain would join us, though she doesn't play herself, the communication from 1-3 people who aren't playing isn't a big deal, but it's when say another person gets on, joins the room, then another, and another, and so on. I won't post names, but it doesn't help the fact you get a select few yelling and screaming into their mics over something irrelevant and unnecessary to what was going on beforehand. That's usually what irks me the most.

Another thing to point out, on the mass migrations side: I've noticed there are people who will join the mumble room regardless of who's there, and then mute and deafen themselves, it is a little bothersome when you have a room of +7-8 people and only 3 are talking while everyone is either muted and deafened or afk.
    Stance still like the world on pause
    Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
    Firm grasp, let the blade conform
    Manifest thy will, transform
    Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
    Become myth turned life, real lore
    Meet the rage on the field of war
    But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

I think I am at fault for liking to join rooms and just listen until otherwise called out...

Comment

I don't think someone just hanging out in a room is a problem so long as they aren't interuptting them, unless the people who are already in the room specifically want to be left alone, eg private conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
          I can clearly remember a time when me and mamizu didn't want another person in that room. We asked him to leave and that was it. End of story. Nothing to be afraid of.
          Though this still stands by default even within normal rooms. I think people miss the fact that, if someone originally in the channel has a problem with someone else joining, all they need do is simply ask said individual to leave. If true privacy is desired, where even the possibility of being even momentarily interrupted is unacceptable, then use private messages or use a different software as there is no guaranteed privacy. Unless you set people up with special permissions for rooms which that is in of itself a whole other can of worms.

In the case of video games amongst groups of people, designated gaming channels have proven effective in my old community but only if you (once again) educate people about it. You shouldn't join the LoL channel with a couple of people expecting them to not be playing LoL, which unfortunately is precisely what goes on.

Ultimately it just comes back around to the problem of people not reading rules nor bothering to consider their actions before acting and that's only fixed by talking to people; instead of setting up rooms that lead to the exact opposite.
          Last edited by Worstcase; 11-05-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Unrelated, but I think that it could totally justifiable if you were automatically sent from 'root' into a main mumble room, which would make it seem more plausible that if a few other people were in a different room that their conversations would be either private, or game-related. Im not sure if random rooms like "mini room 3" being the epicenter for chat being a problem, but if it were I could see having a "main mumble room" as a neat concept.

As for the private rooms, I don't really have a valid opinion seeing as how I never see anyone go into them.

Comment

Originally posted by jrOc View Post
              Unrelated, but I think that it could totally justifiable if you were automatically sent from 'root' into a main mumble room, which would make it seem more plausible that if a few other people were in a different room that their conversations would be either private, or game-related. Im not sure if random rooms like "mini room 3" being the epicenter for chat being a problem, but if it were I could see having a "main mumble room" as a neat concept.

As for the private rooms, I don't really have a valid opinion seeing as how I never see anyone go into them.
              And this brings up a question from me that might help this...
              why do we have all those mini rooms? What's the reasoning behind them?
              Maybe we need to consolidate and have main room being, Jroc said, the first room you enter and the only room for the purpose of...well...main chat. Then, have the specialized rooms.

Comment

Working...
              X