X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I heard you guys banned someone without a ban appeal

Disclaimer: This post will be biased as I have yet to hear the staff side of this thing

Okay, although I am no longer part of your community, a little birdy told me that a certain someone banned someone else for ero rp without a proper ban appeal. As much as I fucking hate the roleplaying community in Yukkuricraft, it isn't OKAY to ban someone for ero roleplaying without giving them a chance to appeal. What makes this more disgusting is that the person was Erotic Roleplaying WITH a staff member. First of all, to that staff member, WHY didn't you tell the person not to do it? If so, did you make sure that person actually GOT the warnings? I understand that role playing in general makes you focused on you know, roleplaying, so you need to make sure you actually capture their attention. However, it is NOT fucking okay to play along with it and then the other person to ban you.

I also heard that the person who banned that guy thought that the police will fucking come and close the server because of some erotic rp(Can't confirm, so you can ignore the following part). Here's the message to that guy, ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED!? Like, first of all, that stupid shit alone shouldn't be fucking tolerated, have a fucking skull. Also, how fucking stubborn do you have to be to ban this person without a ban appeal. Like, even though I fucking hate Yukkuricraft Roleplay, even I wouldn't do shit so stupid and exploitative of my own power under my own paranoia to do a stupid shit like that.

To allow this conversation to be more civilized instead of ending in a ball of flames and/or into a hugbox, please excuse my foul language, as I can't take idiotic things like those that some people do, and to actually discuss certain issues within the administration. Although this server is horrible in my honest opinion, I don't want this server to die because of some bad decisions that idiots with power have.

so in short words

A player and a staff member role played erotically in the server and the staff member banned the player without a ban appeal?

If this actually happened (which I hope there is a good explanation about) then the staff member needs to talk with the others because that is acting like it was all ok and then stab the player on the back with a ban.

Seriously, if you people want to do stuff like that, there are other chat room, websites, you name it, created for that. The Role Playing community is already trying to be clean and without issues here on the forum.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Kristia:
      Actually, the person who was roleplaying with him didn't ban him but someone else has (and I know who it is, just omitted the name of the people involved). As I said, I'm here just to vent a bit of anger and get both sides of the story. Also, I really don't want this server to die just yet, I still have some friends that are on this server. So yeah, I find this server needs to be slightly more mature and tolerant to the players and members of this community.

Comment

The point still stands, Whoever that staff member is should at least talk and not leave the banned player because the real loser at the moment is the player. I don´t know the exact rules of the server, but three just were broken for what I see

1.- Adult situations in a general server
        2.-Banning without an actual appeal or procedure
        3.-Server staff member either abuses of his/her status or is "protected" to stay without punishment
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ mami The staff member the player erped with DID tell him to stop and he was given warnings from both that staff member as well as phantome and a few others. Not to mention don't ero rp IS one of the rules in the quiz.

he ignored the warnings the staff gave him and that's why he got banned.

Comment

Quick response since I'm not at my PC right now. These are what I know assuming I'm thinking of the right person (There's only two recorded recent cases anyway):
            1. Banned user did not ero-RP with a staff member (in that a staff member did not engage or respond to them with it). If you have more info on it. We would like to know.
            2. User was warned multiple times in the past regarding the issue.
            3. Case that caused the ban was reported by a different non-staff user.
            4. One staff member did witness a server take-down in the past, as such we do take the issue seriously
            Last edited by Krittercon; 10-16-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Tewi:

And that's why I said that sometimes you need to make sure the person is actually paying attention. Also, yes, he should've get banned. However, there are these things called temporary bans and kicks. What I completely disagree with is that the person didn't have a chance a ban appeal. You guys are doing this out of your free will, your not getting payed and we are all humans, players, and members of this community. Just because you are a higher ranked, it still doesn't give you the right to perma ban someone with no way to appeal. Also, I've been told that the guy only received one message to tone it down, and that was their partner in the roleplay. I hope neither the staff or the person who told me this issue are lying.
              Last edited by mamizou; 10-17-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I know for a fact phantome talked to him as well because he did it right after i complained about him trying to ero with me. You can't get much clearer than telling somone to stop erping. If they don't understand something as black and white as that you can't really help them.

The reason the ban was made non appealable was because he came on with an alt after he was banned which is ban evading. If he hadn't done that i would have personaly stood up and said the ban should have been appealable but when he did that, he ruined any chance he had. That being said having a non appealable ban dosn't mean you can't appeal anyway. For example we recently unbanned Zemo. He came back after a long time and showed that he had grown up and wanted to make amends so we're giving him another chance.

Edit: for future reference it might be better if you asked me first before making a post like this. Once you've gotten the full story if you still feel the need to rant then that's fine. Just don't want a big shit storm to happen
                Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 10-16-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

May I also add that it was a group decision. So it wasn't just one person who made the decision to ban.

Comment

You know It would be nice if you just calmly asked us to clarify the situation before making instant assumptions based on your own bias against us, and then trying to call us out on what you believe happened. Of course the intention wasn't to clarify whether or not you had all the facts, If I didn't know any better, I'd say you didn't ask what really happened, you told us what really happened. I mean, we all know gossip is the most reliable form of information!

You said yourself that you hate us, and what would be better than showing the whole community how corrupt, hypocritical, and stupid the staff is! I mean I know I'm making assumptions and making a confrontational post, but this is tame compared to the OP.

Also about the guy, like Tewi and Kritter said, he had been warned around FIVE TIMES. Five damn times and he still didn't get it. Not to mention the chat logs are a pretty uncomfortable read. And then he comes on with an alt and tried to do it all over again! Heck, you should be mad we didn't toss him out sooner.

As for the whole "server getting shut down by the feds" the amount of people worried about that happening would be one, and he didn't deliver the ban.

I'm trying to be as civilized as I can be right now, but when you go and make a confrontational post like that without much backing, I feel this is fair game.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

And just to point out
                      To my knowledge there are no currently active members of the RP Group here on the forums that LARP on the server.
                      So that RP community has no ties to the RP Group here on the forums.

Comment

I'm interested to know which "Little bird" is giving you enough information that you can accurately make a situation that was properly handled within staff policy seem so terrible and wrong to yourself. You're attacking staff members with misinformation because of your own falsified sense of justice AND attacking a group of our community with your commentary. Please, in the future, talk to us first, because bashing the community as a whole. If you want insight as to servers being shut down for erotic roleplay, I can tell you that Via PMs, because that HAD HAPPENED on a Roleplay Server(Not Minecraft) server I used to Admin for. That was never brought up within any recent cases regarding Erotic Roleplay on this server.
                        I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

I don't even know why I'm logging in to comment on this shit, but fuck it, let's do this.
                          Also, why people feel the need to create forum threads about shit they hear THIRD hand, just to start some shit, I will never know.

Since I'm the person that talked with the guy, here's what I heard from him:
                          He was ero-rping in an RP chat and at least one of the participants was a builder.
                          In hindsight the only thing he had seen that was close to a warning was a builder saying something to the tune of "you might want to lay off the RP a bit". He told me who the builder was, and he never once mentioned phantom.
                          When banned he was told by an admin that he was not allowed to appeal his ban.
                          This was the first time action was taken against him.

Now assuming he lied and he actually did know he was being warned and proceeded to ignore them while mercilessly ero-rping the server into submission, why did it even have to come to this? Has no one ever heard of mute or kick; what about a temp bans? Why does almost every fucking incident have to be ended with a permanent ban instead of a punishment that's more fitting to the crime? Why does the staff feel the need to stalk new players to make sure they aren't doing anything naughty instead of working under the assumption that most people aren't horrible pieces of shit? Why is there a guideline that new people that fuck up given the harshest of punishments while people that are more active get slaps on the wrist? Basically, why is the staff "doing it for free" so much, and why is nepotism involved in deciding punishments?

Should the guy have been banned? No, I don't think he deserved it. He should have been muted and told clearly why he was muted. If it progressed maybe increase the punishment, but when the first action taken against someone is a ban, I have to wonder why the rest of the community is "okay with it".

Now, not every staff member does this, and honestly the people that do can be counted on one hand. If you do happen to notice this then instead of keeping quiet or abstaining, I encourage you to speak up and say it's wrong. That way, you won't have to just be "okay with it".

Also, the notion that a server can be shut down because of the actions of it's users is ridiculous. Servers owners are only responsible for their own actions, all they are required to do is cooperate with law enforcement and abide by the laws themselves.
                          All I can say
                          Is that my life is pretty plain
                          You don't like my point of view
                          You think that I'm insane
                          It's not sane... it's not sane.

Comment

@Muffin

Not going to talk about this particular case, but instead about how we handle bans and ban appeals normally.

So, let's say someone breaks the rules. If it is something really bad like spilling lava all over to destroy things, it's a perm ban at once. In cases where it makes more sense to speak with the person this is what we try to do. If he ignores the warnings or make it hard for us to talk to him, then we ban him. This usually defaults to a perm ban.

Now here is the part where people assume it's over, when it really isn't. If that person goes on the forum and make a ban appeal that follows the format and you are actually serious about this, then the chance of you getting unbanned is pretty high. If we reject the ban, usually because we are a bit unsure how that person will behave once on the server again, we tell him to wait a month and try again.

It might be true that we are a bit harsh on bans, but we usually let you get unbanned if you appeal and explain your case. As previously said, even Zemo managed to be unbanned now because he posted a serious ban appeal that followed the format and at the same time showed that he had grown.

So, I went it to the ban appeals and did a little counting of how many appeals were accepted where the person followed the format, was serious, and didn't lie. What did I find 10 of 13 ban appeals were accepted, out of the Ines that wasn't accepted, one was reduced to 10 days and another one was told to wait another month.

Have there been times when I disagree with the choices taken, of course there us, but default to perm bans is not one if those.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Well, I did tell you I was biased and I wanted to hear both opinions. I also wanted to vent some anger that flared up on the stupidity of that certain guy. So I will address the topics of discussion in which you talked about in your post.

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                              You know It would be nice if you just calmly asked us to clarify the situation before making instant assumptions based on your own bias against us, and then trying to call us out on what you believe happened. Of course the intention wasn't to clarify whether or not you had all the facts, If I didn't know any better, I'd say you didn't ask what really happened, you told us what really happened. I mean, we all know gossip is the most reliable form of information!
                              This is the part where I put on the disclaimer that the post itself is biased and that I got my information that was obviously misled. Now since I got both sides of this, I can agree that you guys handled the choice correctly, and that I should apologize. However, your sarcastic attitude makes me not want to apologize specifically to you, since you are setting an example to the community that you are a pretentious sarcastic dummy. All in all, I wanted to vent my anger and my last paragraph stated that I wanted to hear your side and I apologized for my attitude on the paragraphs before.

You said yourself that you hate us, and what would be better than showing the whole community how corrupt, hypocritical, and stupid the staff is! I mean I know I'm making assumptions and making a confrontational post, but this is tame compared to the OP.
                              Yes, I did say that a portion of the staff is corrupt, hypocritical, and stupid. I see the new admins are enjoying their new rooms on the mumble and so are some of their friends. Although I really don't mind that issue, I personally dislike favoritism and you of all people, should know how it is to be completely insignificant. Also, don't try to put yourself into the moral high ground, that last sentence you posted really wasn't as necessary, especially as you are a representative of the server.

Also about the guy, like Tewi and Kritter said, he had been warned around FIVE TIMES. Five damn times and he still didn't get it. Not to mention the chat logs are a pretty uncomfortable read. And then he comes on with an alt and tried to do it all over again! Heck, you should be mad we didn't toss him out sooner.
                              Yeah, I've got the information already, no need to regurgitate facts to beat on my already empty skull. However, as muffin stated, just mute the guy. And if he comes to his alt account, also mute him. It isn't that hard and it would be better. I just find it immature just to go straight to banning without resorting to other methods of punishment.

As for the whole "server getting shut down by the feds" the amount of people worried about that happening would be one, and he didn't deliver the ban.

I'm trying to be as civilized as I can be right now, but when you go and make a confrontational post like that without much backing, I feel this is fair game.
                              Yeah, and I called out on that person's stupidity. Also, if you are trying hard to be as civilized as you can, then why try? Why still linger on the server as a staff, someone who has to be civilized instead of trying? Also, the only reason I dislike the server is because of what has now become. Everyone who you guys don't like (someone annoying) are ignored and from my past experiences, banned because people just wanted an excuse to remove them. Also, you guys intentionally go find grief to feel empowered enough to ban them. In my opinion, I find it better to just do a "I found grief in xyz" (which I see sometimes) rather than "Oh, I just found some torches removed in the middle of a person's house and the person hasn't logged on for 35 days. Time to ban!"

And on that note, I say thank you Krittercon and Tewi, for actually being civilized and informing me. I owe you guys and the staff, an apology. Except for you Shimitty.
                              Last edited by mamizou; 10-17-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X