Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll grab some links when I ge home, but as far as what's in my build...

CPU: AMD|A10-5800K 3.8G 4M FM2 R
    GPU: HIS|H785QN2G2M HD7850 2G R
    PSU: CORSAIR| CX600 600W RT
    HD: 1TB |ST ST1000DM003 7K 64M %
    SSD: 64GB |OCZ AGT4-25SAT3-64G R
    RAM: 4Gx4|CORSAIR CMX16GX3M4A1333C9
    MB: ASROCK|FM2A75 PRO4 A75 FM2 R
    Cooling: CM| RR-B10-212P-G1 RT
    Case: ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER RT

I should mention that this build is dead silent and I have 3 hard drives stuck in there along with three built into the case, the GPU fan, and the regular CPU fan.

But as far as a build for YOU goes, the only thing I would really modify is the 16gb of RAM. Unless you do heavy music/video production, you'll neer need that much. Stick with an 8gb set.

Comment

I definitely want windows 7 for my OS and 500 gigs of memory should be more than enough. i also wanna go ahead and get the 16 gb of ram since it's possible i mite do something that requires that much ram in the future..

As for who is putting it together he fixes computer hardware and software for a living so i'm going to go ahead and asume he knows what he's doing.

Comment

Memory and disk space are two different things :P (I used to mix them up too)

Memory refers to RAM, aka expensiveasgodlyfuck

Disk space refers to space you actually store things on, eg HD and SSD

I'll pick out some parts when I get hone fron work

Comment

Mk. worst posted links to parts earlier too so i mite use some of both.

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
            Mk. worst posted links to parts earlier too so i mite use some of both.
            Our builds aren't compatible in many ways. Each build uses a different motherboard and CPU which, because of their manufacturers, must always be paired together. The GPU, RAM, HDD, PSU, Case, and OS should otherwise by completely flexible.

CPU - Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz
            GPU - EVGA GTX 650 Ti BOOST
            RAM - Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) 1600 DDR3
            Mobo - LGA 1155 Intel Z77 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
            PSU - CORSAIR 600W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
            Case - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
            HDD - Western Digital WD Black 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
            OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

$200
            $175
            $125 (105)
            $80
            $80
            $75
            $100
            Total: $955 (935)

Final build then which has the 500 GB Hard drive that you wanted. Likewise I upped the RAM to 16 GBs.

Some areas for price reduction are:
            Lower performance of the harddrive, ~15 dollars.
            Lower RAM count will decrease is by ~30 dollars per 4 GBs.
            Downgrade case to standard Antec 300 Black, ~20 dollars.
            Remove modular portion of PSU, ~20 dollars.
            Downgrading CPU will be ~15 per 0.2 GHz.
            Downgrading the GPU will change quite a bit of things.

Regardless of what you choose, be sure to run it by the guy you're going to have build it. I trust that he knows his stuff from what you've said, so he should know how to take advantage of the modular PSU. Likewise he may need to update the BIOS to 1.3+ in order to allow for
            Last edited by Worstcase; 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Ok thank you everyone for your input and advice. This should be a lot easier than trying to earn 2000+ Us dollars for that computer i was trying to get XD I like these parts a lot. Can't wait until i can buy the parts and put em all together.

Comment

Working...
              X