Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can always go with a stone floor theme. It's not like wood is necessarily required. I just wanted to use a material that was easy to produce in large quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by LiShengshun View Post
      We can always go with a stone floor theme. It's not like wood is necessarily required. I just wanted to use a material that was easy to produce in large quantities.
      I believe there's actually a way to make an infinite cobblestone thingy.
      And inf cobblestone means infinite stone.
      Originally posted by Mogeko
      Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
      Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
      Praise be to prosciutto.
      ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by LiShengshun View Post
        I've just found it somewhat hard in the past to create a good looking design that incorporates both wood textures and stone textures, but maybe I just like the clean stone look too much or am too picky with what I build.

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
        I believe there's actually a way to make an infinite cobblestone thingy.
        And inf cobblestone means infinite stone.
        As long as you build something pretty big underground, you typically can get a large amount of stone without needing to farm. I don't think that we're exactly lacking for stone after digging out a lot of the space under the current survival mansion.

Comment

Li's design is great but after seeing a few good idea's online i believe we should use Li's design not as the mansion itself but more of a resort somewhere in the city if not and extention to it for we will be having walls around it. it has also come to my attaintion that 2 spaces between floors isnt really enough for there purporse for redstone

Comment

Here's the result of spending (probably) too much time messing around with variations of floor designs for the bottom floor of Li's current mansion design (which may not end up being the actual mansion):

Imgur link because I can only attach five images at a time otherwise. http://imgur.com/a/MQJXG

When I first thought about floor designs I initially thought that something like this (sorry about the poor quality):

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 4.23.28 PM.jpg

Basically it was a large circular plane which I needed to make a floor for. I made the floor two perpendicular stripes of a pretty simple pattern and left the rest of the floor solid stone with a trim around the outside. I felt that this worked pretty well, though the only problem I had with it was lighting as the ceiling was too high to embed effective lights in. This wouldn't be a problem as the ceiling is only four blocks off the ground so it shouldn't be too hard to light the floor up. However, I think that the current hallways are too narrow to use this particular design properly (the larger hallways would have to be extended by a block on each side before I would be happy doing something similar with them) because there isn't enough room for a pattern with the stripe, a trim at the walls, and a solid surface in the middle. Something like this may be useful for the other floors though, so I won't totally dismiss the idea.

I guess that this post didn't really make to much progress in terms of coming up with a better flooring pattern. I probably won't do anything this detailed in the future (unless anyone wants me to). I hope this helps anyone with brainstorming how to design the next mansion.

Comment

I just looked at the designs.
              Good job, Pillow!
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Gonna start building my own design for the mansion at x: -1311, z: 217 in creative flats. Here is a what the entrance currently looks like:

2013-08-06_18.59.49.jpg

I'll go back later and vary the materials when I finalize the shape, though I might get someone else to help with it just so I don't spend ages deliberating on every detail. Feel free to stop by and see the progress or offer suggestions.

Also, Yuuka (or whoever has an opinion), what dimensions do you think would be appropriate for the mansion? Currently the front of my design is 78 blocks long and I'm wondering how far back it should go.
                Last edited by pillow676; 08-06-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

That looks really cool Pillow!

Comment

Messing around with ornamentation for the sides of the walls:

Spoiler: Walls

I'm thinking that the 4 wide quartz pillar design looks best, but posting the others on here for the sake of discussion and as an archive.

Edit: Re-Uploaded images to a place that doesn't destroy the resolution.
                    Last edited by pillow676; 08-08-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pillow676 View Post
                      Also, Yuuka (or whoever has an opinion), what dimensions do you think would be appropriate for the mansion? Currently the front of my design is 78 blocks long and I'm wondering how far back it should go.
                      For the dimensions, you could probably check at the original mansion's dimensions.
                      Also, remember that there will probably be a town around the mansion.
                      Praise be to prosciutto.
                      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                        For the dimensions, you could probably check at the original mansion's dimensions.
                        So you're content with the current size of the mansion (which is somewhat hard to discern as the mansion appears to be unfinished what with this east wing business)?

Comment

Originally posted by pillow676 View Post
                          So you're content with the current size of the mansion (which is somewhat hard to discern as the mansion appears to be unfinished what with this east wing business)?
                          Again, like I always say, it would be smarter if you asked Yuuka, because she is the actual owner, so she should decide.
                          The current size is indeed hard to discern, so I'm not really sure if I'm content with it.
                          Praise be to prosciutto.
                          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Working...
                          X