X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then allow me to give my two cents.

I think you should have a more cross-like design for your "city", with four cardinal directions having the tower you've mentioned dedicated to a category of mods, with the central plaza that has four doors to the diagonal leading to the wilderness.

That sounds like a really cool idea.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

That's kind of the idea.
      When we establish a sufficiently powerful MFFS unit then we won't have to worry too much about mobs as we can set a safe zone.
      Though at the beginning, we'll have to limit our entrances to those with iron doors since zombies will be able to break down wood doors.

The initial plan is to establish a self-sufficient underground base that will grow upward when we have the supplies to do so. By the time we can do that, we should be able to easily make the tower structures.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-23-2015, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Maybe build the overground city on top of the said underground base.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Again, that's the idea.
          The towers will extend up from the base. The original entrances to these towers will be via the underground base.
          The first tower will be for the eastern section for Solar panels for IC2.
          A second one could be a glider port.
          A third could be a sort of stylized observatory above the Mystcraft Nexus.
          I don't know what other purposes additional towers could be for...

Comment

@Cucoo

What mods do we have? We might be able to deticate certain towers for certain mods/machines.

I thunk we should make one tower be a power plant of sorts. Sure, we will have some power generation capabilities underground, but not anything we could use on the surface. I think one of the mods actually has wind turbines, water turbines, etc. If we get far enough, we could even consider reactors.

I can't remember. Was Nuclear Control approved for 2.0?
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

I think that Dari, Nuclear, Nick, TR(?) and I will (probably) stay in a group (I'm not sure about this (especially about TRXD), but I'm just mentioning it, since we're already in a group).
              Now for a name.... I don't know anything for a name... >.<
              I think Dari said something about us being sort of an occult group so far, so I guess we'd be the occult team?
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@S1
                Aye. MFFS will need its own dedicated power system as it uses a ton of power. Making it on a tower with possibly a reactor will help with positioning of the force field around the city and base.

I don't know about nuclear control... Don't think it is.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

If we don't have Nuclear Control, then we NEED to find a way to make it automated with vanilla stuff. If not, Then there will be higher chances of the reactor melting down while unsupervised.

What kind of energy does MFFS use?
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

MFFS uses all types of energy.

I'll look into the reactor stuff and see what design I can pull off for it.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

I guess we'll have to go with a slightly less powerful design for the reactor. Usually what I do is create a design that puts out a lot of energy at once, but requires "off" phases. It's a good design if you need a lot of power in a small amount of time. Of course, I could make a balanced reactor too, but it might be slightly less powerful. If need be, we could create two reactors.

As for MFFS, I think it originally used that green ore, Monazit, right? If we can't sustain the MFFS with EU, we could use Monazit.
                      sigpic

Comment

We need something that runs constantly when it comes to MFFS.
                        and... Monazit? You might be thinking of a different version of MFFS.
                        If all else fails I think we could even utilize BC to power it a bit.

Idc if it's not efficient, I will make my massive combustion engine block that I dubbed "All the King's Horses."

The other thing is that we can probably use ME systems to automate a few things.

Comment

@Cucoo

True.

In the end, we'll have to find a balance between power output and resources required.
                          sigpic

Comment

@S121 and Cucoo

Since I don't know how to work those mods, expect me to help with gathering supplies and construction of the city.

Comment

im going alone but if a curtain fairy wants to join me he i will be glad for him to come along

Comment

So after talking with satori about early game power sources, he showed me that wind power, combined with a kinetic generator creates a astounding amount of power for an early game item.

Also Leon, why are we the occult?

Ps, In the beta server, you won't mind if I make a nacler reactor in the basement kthxbai

@cucoo and S121
                                If you don't have the materials for a super reactor or to cool it, next viable action would probably be the solar panels
                                Last edited by Nuclearblt; 02-24-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X