X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About RTY for 1.8.9 (or 1.9)

Ok, so I think you guys know that I'm busy working on RTY for 1.8.9 (or 1.9). What none of you do know is what that work actually includes. So, in this post I'm going to go over some of the things that will be coming to this version of RTY. I also do need to emphasize that lots of stuff here is still in development, so not everything is done.

First of, we are switching to the Technic Launcher. AFAIK they are a bit more lax with permissions, so we might get in a few more mods because of that. I should also say that the modpack for 1.8.9 (or 1.9) will be complete anarchy. That guy stole your stuff? Too bad. Set up for defenses.

More importantly though is that we are dropping the Touhou Items mod. I'm sure you have all heard me complain several times that it doesn't allow me to do exactly what I want. So, what am I going to do instead? Well, for some time I considered just dropping the whole touhou theme of the modpack, but that would be kind of boring too though. So, I did something different instead. I made my own version of the mod. I still don't know how different it's going to be from Touhou Items mod, but it's going to be at least somewhat different.

So, what else can I tell you. Well, there is the fact that we are going to be running on a Sponge server, so I've also been busy on working on a few plugins for the server to use. Here we are talking both about basic stuff like chat channels and permission stuff, to more fun and abstract stuff like for example a plugin that lets you make any block you want into a snow/iron golem, with working textures.

I am also working on other mods that will go into the modpack. Once such mod is a mod I'm calling RuleBreaker. Imagine if you could put together your own rules for how the minecraft world would work, and then for a second, have those rules actually come into play, that is RuleBreaker. RuleBreaker is however not for the easily confused as mucking around in the rules of the world is not a simple task. You build your own rules from simple pieces. Imagine if you could have some ingots smelted in a place simply by bending the rules of the world to smelt items in that block location. I would love to show you pictures of this one, because it's going to be slightly different from just generic touhou mod, but it's still in very early development. If you really want them, enjoy some weird videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p12qG10Spac
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAUUlSm4ES4

Well, this is mostly it. I hope that you have all found this post informative.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

"First of, we are switching to the Technic Launcher. AFAIK they are a bit more lax with permissions, so we might get in a few more mods because of that. I should also say that the modpack for 1.8.9 (or 1.9) will be complete anarchy. That guy stole your stuff? Too bad. Set up for defenses."

So can we....?

Comment

If I may ask @Myon

Why do you want Pam's Harvestcraft so much? (no offense or anything, I'm just curious)

From my POV it may be a good mod, but only if it is well mixed with others, Like idk ExtraUtilities and their Culinary Generators, or maybe Thaumcraft because of the aspects and such, but apart from that, takes a lot of space, is quite unnecesary in my opinion, and AgriCraft is better
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

If it's going to be anarchy, will we have some means of automating base defenses, such as modular force fields, turrets, golems, and other means?

Also, being the techie I am, what tech mods will we have access to? Any power armor or advanced tech mods like fusion reactors or callable airstrikes?
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
          If I may ask @Myon

Why do you want Pam's Harvestcraft so much? (no offense or anything, I'm just curious)

From my POV it may be a good mod, but only if it is well mixed with others, Like idk ExtraUtilities and their Culinary Generators, or maybe Thaumcraft because of the aspects and such, but apart from that, takes a lot of space, is quite unnecesary in my opinion, and AgriCraft is better
          because you can eat good food and it has a strongier variety

is it a modpack for fun or only necessities
          Last edited by Yukkurirumia; 04-20-2016, 11:44 PM.

Comment

why not add a rpg mod to change things up?
            sigpic

Comment

Ever wanted to fight a tengu that just so happened to get it's hand on a spellcard?

Me neither

(Yes, this does mean that normal mobs are soon ready and that I can start working on content. Still looking for people that can make models and textures for me)
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

I can help out with making textures once I'm done with finals later this week.
                sigpic

Comment

Who needs chat to tell you about spellcards anyway. There are so many better ways.

@Red

Wonderful. I'm finishing up the entity system soon now so once that's done I'm going to need lots of entity textures. Do you think you can use programs like this to make models too?
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

I'm going to have to learn how that coding works first but I can take a look at it then. I can try the textures at least.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know a boring thing about the Touhou Items mod danmaku system, almost everything is either a circle, a wide shot, a sphere, and so on. A lot of special shots sprinkled in, but not cool shapes.
                      This is a cool shape

@Red

That's exactly why I asked you if you knew how to use programs like that. You create boxes, arrange them in an hierarchy, translate, rotate, and scale them, and then move the UVs. The program takes care of the code.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Made some small thing to test Point Device mode in minecraft and see how it would work. Like I like the look and feel of it, I'm most likely not going to work more on it because making it dupe safe, and work nice with multiplayer is going to be terrible.

Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                        X