• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrix
    replied
    RTY 3 0.4

Changelog:
    Spawn frequency reduced for lot's of mobs (Ashen and Dweller remain unchanged)
    Guardians now only spawn in deep ocean (scary places)
    Removed Infernal mobs
    Removed Spice of life
    Added Cooking for blockheads
    Removed the buggy mess that was Realistic torches
    Buffed dungeons, especially nether floor. They should now contain around 15 lifeblood crystals, getting more common as you go further down. I'd buff tools and armor more if I could, but at the moment I can't. I'd also be willing to generate a few new dungeons with new stuff if anyone wants me to.
    Updated stuff

Note, to be able to join the server, you have to manually install Nutrition by adding it to your mods folder where the instance is located (in the top right in launcher, select open folder). Go here and download the 1.10.2-1.2.0 version. https://github.com/WesCook/Nutrition/releases
    Also, Extra utilities is disabled as it's currently buggy. Look at this as ExU's memory test.

DanmakuCore changelog:
    - Addition: Chinese translation (by Tartaric_Acid)
    - Addition: Added proper laser form, old lasers are now pointed lasers
    - Addition: Added sphere pattern (broke star pattern)
    - Addition: Added heart danmaku
    - Addition: Added note danmaku
    - Change: New rendreing for crystals
    - Change: Increased amount of power and points dropped by mobs
    - Change: To trigger a chain damage when a danmaku mob dies, the death needs to have been caused by danmaku
    - Change: Non danmaku damage now hits slightly stringer on danmaku mobs
    - Techical: Added charge sphere packet
    - Techical: Added complex and more accurate hitbox handeling
    - Techical: Moved away from numerical ids for everything but packets
    - Techical: Registries no longer have default items
    - Techical: Added LERP and SLERP to vec and quat
    - Techical: SubEntity is now resposible for handeling delay.
    - Techical: Freeze property added to freeze danmaku.
    - Techical: Item danmaku now uses an enum for patterns
    - Techical: Misc cleanup
    - Techical: Added child subEntity
    - Techical: Added proxy particle methods
    - Techical: Added matrix4 to allow transforming between local and world space
    - Techical: Lot's of methods received new names. Angle in most places was replaced either with direction, or with a Quat orientation
    - Techical: Added tests
    - Techical: Added methods to call bec ops with double first for scala
    - Techical: A quat is used for orientation for shapes instead of a vector
    - Techical: Replaced DanOBJ with new format called DanModel, which actually works and has a obj to danmodel converter
    - Techical: Renamed wide shape
    - Techical: Made it possible to send the phase manager to the client
    - Fix: Danmaku item now spawns danmaku in correct spot
    - Fix: Render position of pointed spheres
    - Fix: Danmaku falling items now have a proper size
    - Fix: Death handeling now has a higher priority
    - Fix: Danmaku techically pointing the wrong direction when moving
    - Fix: Quat length not using w
    - Fix: Fixed gimbal lock with different patterns and shapes

Journey to Gesnokyo changelog:
    - Added: Fairies can now be befriended with flowers. More info below.
    - Added: New recipe to turn danmaku into cores
    - Change: Changed and fixed many danmaku recipes
    - Change: Lowered spawn change for mobs. Delete your configs to get the new spawn chances.
    - Change: Works with DanmakuCore 0.4.0
    - Techincal: Redid danmaku crafting code
    - Techincal: Generic cleanup
    - Fix: Tengu crash on server

Befriending fairies

I won't give the entire thing away, however I will give a few hints to guide people in the correct direction.

Fairies likes flower.
    Fairies are all different in what they like
    Fairies can be a little scared
    Fairies grow easily bored

In the future this will be the start of how to "tame" fairies
    Last edited by Teshno; 06-07-2017, 07:14 PM. Reason: boy anyone who's skimming is gonna overlook how to join, bolded to grab a tad more attention

Leave a comment:

• Snowyvaan
    replied
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN. THIS IS NORMAL

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    I don't know if there's any rules explicitly against it but it just seems really unnecessary.
    and a tad annoying to look at but that's probably just me

Leave a comment:

• Noraneko Sparks
    replied
    Generally on forums, folks tend to change their format and colors to make it easier to spot their posts. I've been doing that since 2006. And ya, as long as the text isn't super duper huge, its nto a big deal.

In my case, increasing the text size and bolding is kind of important. I'm almost blind. But if the rules changed and that's not ok, I can stop.

Leave a comment:

• Tysonizer
    replied
    Personally, I don't want any food related mods in rty as it stands, the whole thing with spice of life left a really bad taste in a lot of people's mouths (no pun intended) and I don't think the majority, even if it offers buffs want a food related mod added at the given moment, I'd consider adding a poll and seeing what everyone thinks on the given stance of adding another

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Katrix View Post
    Not quite TFC, more inspired to just see the landscape and find cool stuff, but still a little bit. Going with Nutrition opens up for adding new food mods without making the mod pointless, although I want to take one step at a time so that nothing gets messed up.
    Heres the thing, I have had a modpack that explicitly has SoL that also has pam's in it and it isn't pointless. you yourself just think it is. The reason no one liked SoL is because of the fact that it's almost impossible to survive it with JUST Vanilla unless you modify exactly how fast it takes to gain hunger.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    From what I remember Potu has always done that. Think it was an old people thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    Why is your text large and blue? Shit's unnecessary.

I mean we don't want to escalate to this level. Imagine one of those super-long multi-paragraph posts with this setup.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Not quite TFC, more inspired to just see the landscape and find cool stuff, but still a little bit. Going with Nutrition opens up for adding new food mods without making the mod pointless, although I want to take one step at a time so that nothing gets messed up.

Leave a comment:

• Noraneko Sparks
    replied
    That nutrition mod looks quite interesting and reminiscent of Terrafirmacraft as your picture shows. Are you going for a Terrafirmacraft style model for exploration? Somethign where the environment is both diverse and immersive?

Also, if food is really becoming an issue, either through nutrition or SoL, would Pam's Harvestcraft be a good addition to the pack? If exploration and immersion is what you're going for, this allows for not just diverse foodstuffs, but complex cooking recipes to make all those veggies and meats into better saturating food. It could be a fun way to augment the nutrition bars, assuming there are configs for value adjustment. Only an idea.

Time to jump into the mayhem myself! ^_^
    Last edited by Noraneko Sparks; 06-06-2017, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
    If you want to make a pack that promotes exploration, don't make it so we have to hunker down and build 1000 X 1000 farms just so we don't constantly starve to death.
    Like hunger is the biggest thing stopping exploration.

I can't even take a step outside without gambling a coin flip, where heads results in 9,483 fairies, skeletons with god-tier accuracy and rapid-fire bows [with Power XXVIVMEMNDKLFUO and Punch KLAFMVFOAIVHJAF], and insta-lag-creepers swarming me, and tails results in a server crash and three eons to come back up.

The modpack might be bearable if the server wasn't so unstable it made the WTC during the 9/11 attacks look indestructible and the mobs so unfuckibly balanced against you it makes playing Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 on the highest difficulty, with only a mouse and using a virtual on-screen keyboard, and blindfolded, look easy.

All bullshit with no reward isn't appealing, go figure. I've yet to actually dedicate any time to the modpack because each and every attempt I've made has resulted in a server crash or so much shit happening I can't go anywhere without dying, so I have to run back to base (the 3 blocks out of it I got) and log off.
    Last edited by Teshno; 06-04-2017, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    I don't see why you need large farms to make sure that you don't starve to death with this system. First of it only gives buffs, by design nothing "needed". Secondly, it doesn't touch hunger at all. Hunger is out of the picture at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Shimitty
    replied
    Originally posted by Katrix View Post

Originally I wanted to remove Spice of Life and give up on that stuff, then a mod with this GUI called Nutrition came out. Similar right?

Looking over the differences, I frem that Nutrition hits all of the weak spots of Spice of Life. It might have its own set of problems, but I at least want to see how stuff turns out first. Spice of Life is a hunger mod that forces you to have a diverse amount of foods, killing you if you don't comply. Nutrition is a food mod that encorages you to eat diverse food, giving you buffs if you do.

Call me a broken record but I fail to see how that's your decision to make. If you want to make a pack that promotes exploration, don't make it so we have to hunker down and build 1000 X 1000 farms just so we don't constantly starve to death.

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    Whatever the hell allows me to carry around real food instead of stupid abuse-cans that I can't control how much I eat.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Back a few years ago I played a mod that tweaked the way food worked, and encouraged players to eat diverse food. I think it worked great. Here is the GUI for it.

Eating food like beef would increase the protein bar. The bars would slowly go down over many Minecraft days. When they were low, you got effects like slowness (don't remember the specifics). That is all there is to the system. That became the main inspiration for adding Spice of Life to RTY. Why Spice of Life? Because it was the "closest" thing at the time.

While both systems affect food, but they do it in completely different ways, one works, the other one doesn't. Spice of Life forces you to have a diverse amount of food by preventing you from eating food that you have recently eaten. Spice of Life is only concerned about the short term where diverse food is defined as different food items. The old system encurages you to eat diverse food in the long term, where diverse food is defined by 5 groups.

With Spice of Life the difference between a raw potato and a cooked one is their ID, and the amount of food they give you. Eating a raw one after eating a cooked one is in that system logical. In the other system, the difference is that one gives more food that the other. They both belong in the same group, so why wouldn't you cook all the potatoes you have. Where mods that add hundreds of different food items break down with Spice of Life, they thrive under the old system.

If you go on a journey with Spice of Life, you grab 5 different types of food each time. When you go on a journey with the old system, you grab 5 of the same type of food, while picking a different type of food the next time.

Notice that the old system doesn't touch hunger at all. I think that is the main thing that I failed to realize how big of a difference that was.

Originally I wanted to remove Spice of Life and give up on that stuff, then a mod with this GUI called Nutrition came out. Similar right?

It does basically all the old system did, in addition to being really flexible with it's config in a sane way. My new plan is to include that mod in the pack instead and see how it works. So, what effects will happen then? On the next release, absolutely nothing. Before I add anything at all, I just want to see how people interact with the way it groups food. For now it Will just add a few bars.

From there, if people are okay with it I want to add some buffs for having a high nutrition amount. What I don't know yet. If I add these buffs, there are two things I want to work from, unless a big amount of people agree to make exceptions for that case. First is that vanilla should be the baseline, in other words debuffs should​ not be a thing. Buffs are fun, debuffs are annoying and boring. Adding buffs that can be gotten just by eating the right variations of food seems like a good trade-off in my eyes. Second is that a buff should feel like a buff, not like a required stat boost. Things like haste and speed would be okay. While I thought about it at first, absorbtion would be a no.

Looking over the differences, I frem that Nutrition hits all of the weak spots of Spice of Life. It might have its own set of problems, but I at least want to see how stuff turns out first. Spice of Life is a hunger mod that forces you to have a diverse amount of foods, killing you if you don't comply. Nutrition is a food mod that encorages you to eat diverse food, giving you buffs if you do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X