Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrix
    replied
    So, because I can't implement a Quaternion correctly for some reason, I'm a bit behind. Still, I can give a list of things to watch out for in the new update. First of all, collect all of your torches, they're going to disappear. Secondly, get a good idea of what danmaku you currently have. It might change, become invalid, don't work, or in the worst case, crash the server. Danmaku has changed a lot in it's internal structure, so guaranteeing that nothing will break is hard. Star shots are currently definitively broken.

To those that feel like stuff isn't being done or worked on, it is, definitively. 0.1 to 0.2 took around 1 and a half months, the time I worked on that was spread relatively evenly. 0.2 to 0.3 took 5 months, the time I used on that was focused on the last two months. 0.3 to 0.4 will probably take around 2/3 of a month. The time I worked on that was focused on the last 4 days. The update is either the biggest or the next biggest update I have done in terms of effort needed. Yes, stuff is being done. Will you notice everything that actually has been done? Probably not, most of the update has been about smaller fixes, and cleaning up after bad decisions from probably a year ago.

Also, for the question of why I didn't release this as an alpha that was asked. Simple, I can't. If I tag something as alpha on curseforge, then it can't be downloaded in the launcher. It's the same reason why only the first version of DanmakuCore is flagged as alpha. I want people to be able to download stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Snowyvaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
    hi double posting to bump
    it's been 10 days
    update when
    when he can get some work done on the danmaku mods that needs to be worked on so the update can happen. Now he has told me he will Try to get the update done on Saturday if not then soon after that.

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    hi double posting to bump
    it's been 10 days
    update when

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    Originally posted by Tewi_Inaba View Post
    If we did get him a server box I still killed the joke weather he had one before or not.
    wewlad

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
    implying he had one to begin with
    If we did get him a server box it would still be new weather he had one before or not.

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Okay, Tengu should be DISABLED on the server until you get the update to fix the server, this is absolutely ridiculous as far as crashes are concerned because when you aren't on, the tengu are the ONLY thing that can crash it without it being able to get back on.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomNerifes
    replied
    I know that we shouldn't bring up old topics, but at this point idgaf. remove tengu until a reasonably stable fix is out for them. it's really annoying to be climbing (or in your own mountain base) and have one spawn, charge you, then the server dies. to add further salt to the wound it takes a metric eon to have the server reboot afterwards. (tengu can charge in SP just fine, but SP =/= MP m8)

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    I still say that RTY was never made for difficulty.
    For a modpack that claims to be "for exploration" or whatever, it seems a hell of a lot more focused on driving people away from exploring in fear of losing literally all their progress because of a small lag spike or a little slip-up. Not even the server configs, just the mod layout in general gives off this "fuck you" vibe.

Had this been listed as its own thing, I'd be down for the bullshit difficulty, but it dares boast the name RTY and then present us with something completely different?
    That pisses me off on a personal level. The modpack can be fixed, balanced, whatever and I may actually enjoy it, but it will never be a true RTY modpack. Not on this road.

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Actually most of the assets from yandare dev are given to him by volunteers. all he did himself was the codding and some of the original artwork. The idea behind getting TinyBuild to help was to get a professional coder to work on it, give yandare dev a break cause god knows he needed one and to make the game a bit quicker. but that's a bit off topic
    That's what I was tryibg to say, now that tinybuild is partnered with him, he's not coding it anymore, but before it still was a very polished debug build, much less broken than what katrix has at this moment. I don't mind the modpack, but it woulda been better as an alpha instead.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Teshno
    replied
    We should start a go fund me for Katrix to get a new server box.
    a new server box.

new
    implying he had one to begin with

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    We should start a go fund me for Katrix to get a new server box.

Leave a comment:

• DariruKuro
    replied
    Haven't seen that before

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• purpleFinatic
    replied

yummy chat spam
    (just noting a thing that happens, these messages tend to build up- this happened over the course of an hour or so)

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Actually most of the assets from yandare dev are given to him by volunteers. all he did himself was the codding and some of the original artwork. The idea behind getting TinyBuild to help was to get a professional coder to work on it, give yandare dev a break cause god knows he needed one and to make the game a bit quicker. but that's a bit off topic

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Thats why I said most of it, cause idk if it's still being coded by him or if someone will help make his code more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X