Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from Forestry, Factorization and Pam's Harvest until further notice

So, because of a little mishap, I'd like to recommend everyone to stay away from Forestry, Factorization and Pam's Harvest. If you don't, there is an chance that your items in that mod will disappear soonish. The mod most affected by this is Forestry. Pretty much all recipes in Forestry will be disabled to prevent any further harm. As far as I know, only items were affected in Forestry so all blocks should be safe. Factorization is also a bit unstable, but much less than Forestry. It might however be that blocks are also affected here. Pam's Harvest should be mostly safe as only 3 items stand at risk of disappearing.

Well, that is all. If anyone want a refund for items that will be lost, just post in this thread what the item is.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Wut did you guys not check the item ids?

Comment

If there is an ID conflict, I'm used to either that the game pops up with a message telling me that, or that it just outright crashes. Neither of them happened, so I assumed everything was fine.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
        If there is an ID conflict, I'm used to either that the game pops up with a message telling me that, or that it just outright crashes. Neither of them happened, so I assumed everything was fine.
        Possibly the item ID of one or more of the pieces of candy armour was subsequently used by another mod after it was removed, resulting in an invalid item being equipped to a body slot. At least, that's my guess, since the Sink Trees suggest that old IDs weren't purged before being overwritten by new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by KassuriBard View Post
          Possibly the item ID of one or more of the pieces of candy armour was subsequently used by another mod after it was removed, resulting in an invalid item being equipped to a body slot. At least, that's my guess, since the Sink Trees suggest that old IDs weren't purged before being overwritten by new ones.
          The problem with that theory is a simple fact:
          Sinks are from the furnace mod (forgot the name) which we had before the update, so it's not a new ID.
          Originally posted by Mogeko
          Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
          Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
          Praise be to prosciutto.
          ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@Kass
            Originally posted by KassuriBard View Post
            If another item replaced Candy Armour (in terms of item ID), then there wouldn't be a problem. Sure, you would be wearing a machine on your chest or head, but I doubt there would be an issue.

Armour slots are simply alternate inventory slots that cannot be accessed through conventional means. The only way an invalid piece of armour would crash you is if the item/block caused a rendering issue or had a string of code that conflicted with typical armour. Saying that, if a non-armour item was in your armour slots, you could simply unequip them.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
              The problem with that theory is a simple fact:
              Sinks are from the furnace mod (forgot the name) which we had before the update, so it's not a new ID.
              Except that we've updated the furniture mod to a new version. So, fist Food Plus uses ID X for its leaves. Then we remove Food Plus, and update the furniture mod. New version of the furniture mod adds new furniture, including a sink at ID X, which because it used to be leaves, and those blocks are still in the world when the new content was loaded, gives us our majestic sink trees.

Comment

...so is that why we have sink trees... I thought somebody just got really bored and put sinks in trees lol

Comment

Just posting to say that this is no longer any issue. An update have been rolled out that will fix the ID Conflicts. Not that it really matters tough, as the server is still down.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Now, my plans can truly commence.

As soon as the server comes back online.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Server is there, now, but the most current version of the modpack throws a ton of ID mismatches trying to connect. Assuming that everything is not correctly updated yet.

Comment

@Kass
                        Remi has not updated the server. You'll have to downgrade the modpack in order to connect until the server is brought up to date.

Due to this, this thread is still in effect until Remi updates the server and reconfigures it.

Comment

That's what I figured. Just making sure it was stated somewhere.

Comment

Server didn't come back up until i was at otakon. At that point, I couldn't actually update the files even if i wanted, you'll have to wait until I get home later tonight.

Comment

Alright, so server should now be updated to 1.1.1. In addition to that, we also have a few new recipes to fix compatibility. Here are the recipes.

Limestone

Marble

Basalt

New Void chest recipe

In addition to that, both the diamond drill, and the Nanosuit Helmet recipe was fixed, and because the recipe for the void chest was fixed, crafting the purple pearl now works.

Lastly, I should add that there is a secret recipe included as well, for those avid collectors out there.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X