Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Appropriate Response to Acquisition of Abandoned Assets Act (RemiCare)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Do you have java installed? Try reinstalling java...? xD;;

Comment

I think he implied that minecraft itself can physically run as he did mention the problem as he as he put it was "will not allow me to join the server."
      So that leaves the possibility of...
      a lot of things.

Comment

I did see you on the server. You logged of after a short amount of time however.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

might just purely be bad internet, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
            might just purely be bad internet, then.
            When my computer, a brand new souped-up computer with gadgets and things that make it go fast, cannot handle a damn Java game, things are a little bad.
            When my connection, a school connection that allows me to play TF2 and other online games with little to no lag, prevents me from playing Minecraft with a bunch of shmucks I kinda enjoy being with, things are really fucking bad.
            When my anger and depression gets the better of me, things get even worse.

So, to hell with it all. I have no fix for this problem, and to be frank, I don't see a reason to fix it just to play on Yukkuricraft. I'm a bitter bastard with so little emotional ties to this place. To hell with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mario View Post
              When my computer, a brand new souped-up computer with gadgets and things that make it go fast, cannot handle a damn Java game, things are a little bad.
              When my connection, a school connection that allows me to play TF2 and other online games with little to no lag, prevents me from playing Minecraft with a bunch of shmucks I kinda enjoy being with, things are really fucking bad.
              When my anger and depression gets the better of me, things get even worse.

So, to hell with it all. I have no fix for this problem, and to be frank, I don't see a reason to fix it just to play on Yukkuricraft. I'm a bitter bastard with so little emotional ties to this place. To hell with it all.
              Mai boy...

There is a logical explanation for everything.
              I still think it might be firewall privileges singling out Minecraft.
              Not completely strange as I have Trend Micro and it thought Minecraft's .exe was a Trojan. =w=;

The easiest way to solve a problem when asking for help is to help others understand what is exactly happening instead of just saying "It doesn't work."
              And it annoys the living crap outta me whenever someone asks for help but provides nothing to work off of except a few pointless details mixed with somewhat helpful details.

Ok so you got a new, powerful machine. Pointless
              You can run other online games fine, but not minecraft. Somewhat helpful as it eliminates a few possibilities. Now let's keep following that.

So you can't use the Multiplayer function of Minecraft, correct?
              And you get what error?
              Then, what's the Java settings and firewall settings and permissions? Is Java allowed to access your internet connection for use like with Minecraft? Could your Firewall be blocking it? Maybe there's some strange file that's conflicting with something with Minecraft itself?

Comment

More than likely a network configuration problem. Also, basically what cucoo said. You need to provide more details before you ragequit without even trying.

Comment

I understand that I had an outburst and reacted violently to your assistance. But you don't apologize for something you're not sorry for. Now, I'm going to download Minecraft again and take a look so I can ever so wonderfully describe every intricate detail to my problem.

I mean, goddamn. Someone's gotta be Patchouli and do a piss-poor job at it.

EDIT: Sunday, 2:19 PM. October 20th, 2013.
                  Captain's Log, Starship Adonis: Opened up Minecraft with no mods whatsoever. Clicked on 'Multiplayer' tab to open the Multiplayer interface. I noticed Yukkuricraft in my listings and saw four people currently online. There were 4 out of 5 green bars, showing a good connection. I clicked on the server, then I clicked 'Join Server'. Upon entering, I noticed the ground would not load. It was raining. A terrible day for rain. I could see animal mobs in the distance, but other than that, nothing but air, my hotbar and hand, and darkness as it seemed that I was falling.

After 10 seconds of falling through limbo, the client backed out to a 'Connection Lost' screen with an error. The error, and I hope you people notice this, said: "Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error".

I went back to the title screen and joined the server once again, but the same symptoms showed once again. This time, the error was different. It said, and I quote: "Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed". How peculiar, no?

A third test revealed much of the same. It was the same error message as the second time around.

What about a fourth test, I wondered. Perhaps doing the same thing over and over again would help. But then I realized that was the definition of insanity. Easily deterred yet stubbornly idiotic and American, I tried again only to get the same "recv failed" error. And thus, my tale comes to a close.

Now, to answer your questions about my experience with Java, the internet, and general computer usage: do I look like a smart person who pays attention to what happens around him? Absolutely not.
                  Last edited by Major Mario; 10-20-2013, 02:30 PM. Reason: Because I can. Isn't that frightening?

Comment

I understand that I had an outburst and reacted violently to your assistance. But you don't apologize for something you're not sorry for. Now, I'm going to download Minecraft again and take a look so I can ever so wonderfully describe every intricate detail to my problem.

I mean, goddamn. Someone's gotta be Patchouli and do a piss-poor job at it.
                    It happens to the best of us mate.
                    There are times when I want to chuck my computer out the window...
                    and other times when I want to have hot, steam se-
                    ........what the hell was I just thinking? O.e;

Anyway, as the saying goes:

Knowledge is pow-

AHDJFGHSJK IS ADORABLE~<3

Comment

Searching around the web i found that the most normal reason for this is that the Firewall isn't configured correctly or similar things.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

recv is a common error. As Katrix said, normally the issue is caused by a msconfigured firewall or other network protection and interference features. Try looking at This. Also, what version of Java are you running?

Comment

...So, when's Remi's Dream Act coming along?
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                            ...So, when's Remi's Dream Act coming along?
                            since when this post was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                              recv is a common error. As Katrix said, normally the issue is caused by a msconfigured firewall or other network protection and interference features. Try looking at This. Also, what version of Java are you running?
                              My whatchamacallit thingy that lets me go online, this wireless adapter NETGEAR N300 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER has an outdated driver, V2. It refuses to update to V2.1 and I don't know why. Other than that, the link you sent me, Remi, does not fix my problems because I cannot find/I do not have the options to fix it. My version of Java is VERSION 7 UPDATE 45.

I don't know why I'm bothering to fix it. Better yet, why the hell are you bothering to help me? I thought you people wouldn't hesitate to kick me when I'm down.

Comment

My whatchamacallit thingy that lets me go online, this wireless adapter NETGEAR N300 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER has an outdated driver, V2. It refuses to update to V2.1 and I don't know why. Other than that, the link you sent me, Remi, does not fix my problems because I cannot find/I do not have the options to fix it. My version of Java is VERSION 7 UPDATE 45.

I don't know why I'm bothering to fix it. Better yet, why the hell are you bothering to help me? I thought you people wouldn't hesitate to kick me when I'm down.
                                Ok Let's focus on your internet connection systems.
                                So I'm going to assume your hyper computer does not have its own wireless card, hence why you use the USB adapter?
                                Ok forcing a driver update...I know its possible, I just haven't done it in a long time.

On the straight forward side of life: Search the internet for the site of the system you're using, then look for drivers. there's gotta be a way to manually patch in the driver...
                                On the more round-a-bout way of life: Do a clean reinstall of the program that the adapter is using (assuming it came with a sort of wireless manager software...) if not...then ok...
                                On the more radical way of life: try to do a..."repair" of your system using the OS disk. (Assuming you're running windows 7 or 8, dunno bout macs...)
                                On the final resort, nuke option of life: When was the last time you scrubbed your computer?

Comment

Working...
                                X