X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinging...

What the hell does that mean?! I get it every time I try to log on, but it looks like the connection overall stops. Anybody know about this?

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology which sends a pulse of sound and listens for the echo to detect objects underwater.[1]
    Pinging is the process. What it means for Minecraft ... I would assume it means it can't find the server somehow. Someone with more knowledge could enlighten ya there ^^;

Comment

Ping is a measurement of time for 32 bits (4 bytes) of data to be sent to a specific network/server and then returned to the sender. It is typical measured in ms (milliseconds). Ping is mostly used as a way of judging one's connectivity to a network and/or server. The lower the ping, the better your connection is to that server or network.
      Ping can also be used as a verb which means to assess the connection to a network by measuring the amount of ping to that network. For example: "I've been pinging the Yukkuricraft server but it looks like I've got a bad connection. I'll try again later."
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Alright I'm totally new here and kind of want to enter the server, but this 'Pinging' message never seem to go away.

Is there a way I can connect to the server? I'm at +8.00 GMT and will that actually affect anything?

Comment

Not sure how to help you there, sorry. All I know is the specific terms related to networks and servers. I don't know how to remedy a bad connection to the Yukkuricraft server. Your time zone shouldn't be a problem. I'm British (GMT 0) and the majority of the people on this are American (GMT -4 to -7) and I don't have any problems.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Well that's a shame

I'll just watch from Youtube then, though it'll be epic joining a Touhou community in Minecraft

Comment

How is your computer connected to the internet?

Though I'm starting to think...
              Might be a firewall issue.

Comment

@LuaKH:
                Even if you cannot play on the server, you can still talk to us on the forums or on Mumble. There are several of us who don't actively play on the server but are still respected members of the community. Playing Minecraft with us isn't everything, so don't let that get to you.
                Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-25-2013, 09:04 AM. Reason: Context of post added

Comment

By this 'mumble', do I need a mike? I dont think I have one

Comment

@ LuaKH

no
                    It has also an IM function.

Think Skype except simpler and has better group functions.

Also, a suggestion: try turning off your firewall and then try connecting. If that fixes it then it's your firewall settings blocking you.

Comment

Right it somehow worked XD
                      Thanks guys, and the spawn is the coolest spawn ever

Comment

Ok if it is the firewall try to find how to lower its settings so as to not be as strict and block minecraft's connection.

Comment

Alright, now I know at least
                          Last edited by LuaKH; 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: Lag XD

Comment

ha ya

though is your firewall off or is it just deciding to work now?
                            If it is off you should get it back on once you figure out how to lower its settings.
                            If not, then just ignore this part.

Comment

I don't know if the problem was solved yet or not i'm to lazy to read all the comments but deadmaster had the same problem and it was because she was trying to log in to the server on a 1.7.2 client. try downgrading to 1.6.4

Comment

Working...
                              X