Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traps anyone? ;3

No, not those kind. >.>

I thought about it a little and being a top Touhou fan, they do seem out of place since most of the harm done in the series is danmaku based. BUT since this is a MINECRAFT version of Touhou, they seem more acceptable. Traps should really only be included in a file where people are exploring the world or Gensokyo and just want that little bit of excitement rather than walking down memory lane (and through the amazingly crafted structures that have been bled over). There are already PLENTY of chests to put your things into and being able to travel everywhere gives a travelers aspect to adventuring. Find something rare with your partners? Hike back to the shrine and put it into a chest. Continue! So, the opposite side to that would be the "natural disasters" of the map. Sort of like traps for Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider regarding placement and things like that. Flandre's Dungeon? An Invincible monster or even crushing walls. Narrow hallways? fire arrows. Walking through the forest? random enemy spawn. Things like that. Nothing that would damage any work done but things to make exploring fun and exciting. Maybe even lore about the different areas hidden somewhere there. I'm not saying this has to be done right now but it's a cool concept I was thinking of.

Definitely a really cool idea and I feel like it'd fit into the quest concept we've... well, sort of had on the back burner for over half a year now. That being said, I'll see what we can do, though I certainly can't guarantee anything since this would be a rather large project xD

Also, traps are awesome <3

Comment

Oh, I don't expect anything coming from this until at least the summer when most of us are more free and available anyway. lol And you're right, the span of everything would include lot's of planning so no rush. I'm sure if it came close to the time of starting this, it'd be open to suggestions on what to put where and how appropriate certain things would be where.I'll be looking forward to the times ahead though.

Yes they are. <3

Comment

Yeah. I don't think just the staff would be able to come up with enough good ideas for putting traps around the ENTIRETY of Genso xD

They're only second to lolis for me <3

Comment

Sounds more like an adventure map idea to me, but it might be a pretty good idea for Gensokyo, we can just blame it on nearby troublemaker characters. I'd bet we'll be able to get enough ideas to cover the whole map if we get everyone to contribute.

Comment

Well, I'm sure the community would love to help out with development. It would in turn give them all a reason to go adventure with friends who don't even know about touhou. We'd probably bring even more people on board for actual projects too. ^^ Fun for all and all for fun!!!

Comment

fix kabeb
              Last edited by Tenko; 12-25-2013, 09:32 PM. Reason: :^)

Comment

maan, these are not the kind of traps i was expecting *dissapointed* *crying*
                "Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time you open it, you drip stupid all over my floor."

Comment

^it okay, you've got me ))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remi is best trap of all.

"I'd like to fall into that one any day. hurhur!"

-that one guy

Comment

sounds kool

Comment

Working...
                      X