X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improving the Servers "STONE" Economy

At the moment the only use for money is the black market making it almost unusable to trade to other players. I suggest replacing the ways you would gain money by either daily quests or something similar, having a stone basted economy isnt that great people usally forget about the money we can use and there is only the blackmarket to use it on.

I also suggest we use some kind of locked chest trading system I have seen these in other servers and they are quite useful and can help stimulate and create a real economy feel to the server and give a good use for the money system and giving it some value on the server. This would mean that we might have to create a rule that has use stop some farms like auto iron farms and mob farms so people don't have infinite of some resources but i do not believe this is needed so late in the world.

Some of the daily quests could be something simple at first like bringing 20 melons 32 wheat 32 potatos 32 carrots, or along that lines and similar things like with ores and potions but only allow people to complete one of these jobs per 24 hours I have seen similar quests on other economic servers but I do not know what exact plugin it is. But it is quite useful.

The only other concert is what would the player shops charge for items and what is to much for something. Well I would say that the admins come up with the first shops using uncreative items and such and slowly give up these shops as more players begin to start there own and the economy becomes more stable. You could also make stops at spawn more desirable and charge a fee every few weeks or monthly to help keep the economy.

Staff have already discussed economy options in-depth in the past and the conclusion has always been that the server runs well based off of the current bartering system most players utilize. The entire purpose of a formalized economy with actual money was purely for difficult-to-obstain blocks that are mostly decorational. If these blocks and items didn't exist, we probably wouldn't even have an economy plugin in-place. The general idea is that economies are difficult to manage and regulate due to the ease of exploitation through farms and whatnot. That aside, while we've considered chest-based shops for players to own, the general consensus has either been a plugin that's both effective and fits our needs doesn't exist, are outdated or do not work due to plugin conflicts. While I am open to reconsidering the economy system at our next staff meeting, the chances of the consensus changing are probably low.

Comment

I'm actually up for a change- *Tilts monitor to line up the forums* -but as discussed before, finding a way to gain money without being exploitable is a hard task. If there was a way to simulate a supply and demand curve it would be feasible but I doubt such plugin exists.

Comment

There actually are multiple plugins like that, but they're even easier to exploit lol.

Comment

I am also up for a change, however, one thing that I personally don't like is that it will disrupt the black market as it is now. At the moment it's not the easiest blocks to get a hold on. I we do change the economy however, I feel like it will kind of loose that difficulty it have at the moment. What I think is the main problem at the moment is that it might be hard to be online at the same time as the one you want make a deal with. It is also a bit hard to actually name a price for these items.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Working...