Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you could keep it at emeralds and have participating in a Flak tower smackdown/defence of kagome your only option of getting emeralds and having a villager to trade strong weapons for them

Comment

We could also create "lore" items to act as specific currency, and make it so that you can only earn these items in events.

Comment

@Krittercon
        That idea is one of the best ones I've seen here. No risk of exploitation or farming and a currency that can be very easily controlled by staff and the sort. The only way to obtain these items is to have proved your worth in events and whatnot. I like it. And if we find ourselves distributing too many of these items, we can bump up the price in the shops or we can limit the distribution of this currency.

Wacky idea: What if smaller-value variants of these items were distributed in the future Minigame World? It'd give more of an incentive to play minigames and would allow people to buy Kagome items if they could not participate in events (For example, eastern Europeans or Asians who are asleep while events happen).
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Sounds like a plan

Comment

what about have it so the player towns are able to implement this too

Comment

@Flower_Master
              I'm unsure as to how well this could be done for player-owned towns.
              While most people rather prefer to stay within their own towns or with their friends and therefore less likely to venture out to Kagome, giving a player-owned town shops like these would most likely have to be done WITHOUT any input from the town owner(s). Giving town owners full control over villager shops like the ones Kritter and I have agreed upon would be chaos. It would mean that you could easily create shops that dish out similar goods to that of Kagome at unreasonable prices (too high OR too low). But, it might be possible for town owners to negotiate with the respective staff members when it comes to setting up Villager Shops. That way, town owners still have some degree of control but it ensure that the shops are still fair in the eyes of staff members and fellow players alike.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I think that NPC shops in other player villages would be a great idea if done correctly. The first thing I would say here is that the things you can buy have to be specific to that village and that village alone. The items also, just like in Kagome's case, need to be interesting to actually get. I would also say that there should be some sort of requirement for actually having a NPC shop, like for example so many residents for one shop, so many for two shops and so on. This would encourage villages to continue to grow. This would also encourage players to explore a bit.

Another idea I had was having something like a traveling merchant. For example, a traveling merchant comes to the forest of magic and stays there for 2 days before leaving. The places he would appear would be places you can't get to by quick travel ideally.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Adding on as an idea for the blacksmith, what if we had the trade for things like, 2 iron and 3 kagome bills will give you a medium enchanted iron sword. At the same time you could probably trade 2 iron and 5 kagome bills for a stronger enchanted iron sword. As well as other sword types too like 2 diamond and 10 kagome bills for a fully enchanted diamond sword? (Also thinking we can also trade something like 64 blaze rods and 64 kagome bills for a miko stick? Although for that there should probably be a currency worth more than kagome bills.)

Comment

So, one dragon egg equals five kagome bills right? Probably due to this, most people would rush the enderdragon for eggs. Since the dragon egg is the only way to get bills, is it possible to speed up the reset for the end?

Comment

I'm really exited to see these villagers help us out!
                      Tho I'm more amazed by the mistakes Kritter made during the creation of these villagers (these mistakes are already fixed, don't worry).
                      Here's an example:
                      Spoiler: example
                      Originally posted by Mogeko
                      Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                      Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                      Praise be to prosciutto.
                      ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclearblt View Post
                        So, one dragon egg equals five kagome bills right? Probably due to this, most people would rush the enderdragon for eggs. Since the dragon egg is the only way to get bills, is it possible to speed up the reset for the end?
                        Events such as Kagome Defense or Bomber Assault would also give you 5 bills

Comment

So, the only way to gain kagome bills are by killing the enderdragon or having a kagome defense. Any other ways to get kagome bills?

Comment

Once Tenko gets quests working, those would be an option too.

Comment

New possible options up for debate and suggestions:

Weapon Smith:
                              "Kagome Guard's Sword"
                              20x Iron + 5x Kagome Bill = 1x Iron Sword +5 Sharpness +1 Fire Aspect +1 Knockback +3 Unbreaking
                              "Kagome Guard's Bow"
                              20x Iron + 5x Kagome Bill = 1x Bow +1 Infinity +1 Punch +1 Flame +3 Power +3 Unbreaking
                              "Kagome Elite Guard's Sword"
                              10x Diamond + 8x Kagome Bill = 1x Diamond Sword +5 Sharpness +1 Fire Aspect +1 Knockback +5 Unbreaking

Black Market Smugger 2
                              "Kagome Miko Stick"
                              20x Emerald + 20x Kagome Bill = 1x Stick +8 Sharpness +3 Knockback
                              "Neko Miko Stick"
                              50x Emerald + 64x Kagome Bill = 1x Blaze Rod +15 Sharpness +3 Knockback +1 Fire Aspect

Remember all, we want the shops to be interesting and unique, but we're not out to completely replace getting items legitimately.
                              If anyone has more ideas or balancing issues then please state them out.
                              Last edited by Krittercon; 05-22-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krittercon View Post
                                Weapon Smith:
                                "Kagome Elite Guard's Bow"
                                10x Diamond + 8x Kagome Bill = 1x Diamond Sword +5 Sharpness +1 Fire Aspect +1 Knockback +5 Unbreaking
                                I'd just like to share how amazing it is that our Elite Guard's Bow is a Diamond Sword.
                                Originally posted by Mogeko
                                Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                                Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                                Praise be to prosciutto.
                                ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                                Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Working...
                                X