X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on NPC shops in Kagome

There was one blacksmith I found in Kagome once, and had all trades unlocked, including a highly enchanted diamond sword. Which brings up the thought, what if we had official NPC villagers for trades? i.e. Blacksmith and Armourer would actually be inside the Kagome Blacksmith building.

As a quick note, I've experimented with this and it is implementable without the needs for mods. Just a few temporary one-time command blocks to set them up is all that's required.

Comment

Well there are the black market villagers that are set to trade specific items, you could probably get an admin *cough tenshi* to make a villager like that for Kagome

Comment

I like this
        Would make trading much easier
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Thumbs up from me.

Comment

Links to other economy based suggestions for reference:

https://yukkuricraft.net/showthread....Economy-plugin
            https://yukkuricraft.net/showthread....E-quot-Economy

If we are doing this, do we want to change how we do the black market and other stuff as well?
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
              If we are doing this, do we want to change how we do the black market and other stuff as well?
              The blackmarket is more to sell items that are not normally achievable in survival. The default Villager trades would be things like potions and weapons, stuff you can make, IF you have the resources. Just some people don't have the resources, especially as our survival world gets older.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                Speaking of this, now that all variants of stone bricks can be crafted (2 s. Brick slabs -> chiseled s.b.; smelt s.b. -> cracked s.b. s.b. + 1 vine -> mossy s.b.), shouldn't we remove those from the black market?
                Originally posted by Mogeko
                Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                Praise be to prosciutto.
                ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

BTW, I'm up for suggestions on what sort of items these villagers will sell, and for what price (In emeralds perhaps). Remember to keep it sensible but unique, we don't want overpowered items considering Kagome is still a starter town at its core.

Comment

@Krittercon
                    Maybe it'd be nice to have a trade of "X Emeralds -> 1 Enchanted Book ((Max level of) 1 enchantment)", with X depending on the enchant (rarer & more useful enchants would cost more than more common or less useful enchants).
                    We could also do a 'currency trader' villager, that trades iron, gold, emeralds and diamonds for one another at a specific rate, with which profit isn't possible, but loss is not out of the question. (You could buy a diamond for 32 iron for example, but selling a diamond would only give you 24 iron for example). Do note that if this becomes a thing, then iron and gold should be low value in this system, because of the possibility (and already the presence) of farms.
                    Originally posted by Mogeko
                    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                    Praise be to prosciutto.
                    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

@Leon
                      I don't like the idea of trading from villagers for enchants at all. Enchants should be obtained by yourself. Having a theoretically infinite supply of, say..., Efficiency I, Sharpness I, or Fortune I would be kind of game-breaking. It just means that, with a sufficient supply of emeralds or diamonds or even our Mon system, you can easily get max enchants on everything. I may be a stickler for progression and will always refuse opportunities to be boosted in games but it does not seem right at all. Books should always be obtained from enchanting it yourself, trading with other players, or from world gen. It adds value to books and gives enchantments their lustre. To make these enchants easily obtainable and near infinite devalues enchantments big time.
                      It's why I always tell people that, if I were in charge of making an economy with villager or chest shops and trading, I won't never sell rare goods or valuables unless said goods are now theoretically unobtainable (like pre-1.7 nametags or the pre-1.8 bricks) and/or are very strictly priced.

Iron and gold farms already exist. Yukibara owns one and there may be others in existence. Yuki's generated a CRAP TON of iron for the long time that it was "broken" (Yuki messed up the hoppers and didn't know how LWC worked). A pigman farm also exists but due to the droprate of nuggets, it's not the most effective gold farm in the world.
                      Gold has little worth on the server imo. Asides from making potions, golden apples, and decorative stuff; there isn't that much value to it. It is either considered a vanity resource, one that is only gathered for the sake of showing off, or an ore that is about as worthless as pre-1.8 lapis.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

If that's the case, we could try making gold our primary trading currency, although the amount required would be rather high, but not too high (Pigman farms are not easy to make without associated risks).

As for items for sale, I'm thinking more along the lines of items that are slightly better for their class (One level enchant higher than what you can obtain normally, but on a lower level item), and more along the vanity side.

Say, for example, instead of a max enchant diamond sword, the designated blacksmith would sell an iron sword at Sharpness 6 (or whatever it is that one higher than what is obtainable), Unbreaking 3 (Higher quality forges :3), called the "Kagome Slash" with a lore saying "Sword of the guards of Kagome" for 40 gold ingots.

Thoughts?

Comment

Designating gold as the Kagome/National currency doesn't seem like a bad idea. Emeralds would also be a very viable currency as that ore was strictly made with trading in mind. While pigman farms are a possible source of infinite money, few people actually build in the Nether and nugget droprates are low so that it is not a big issue. And besides, if people are found actively exploiting pigmen for the sake of trading in Kagome and then turning a profit, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I like that idea of over-levelled goods for sale in Kagome. Stuff that is impossible to obtain in the actual game but still provides a benefit to players. It means that players have a further objective to obtain after obtaining their max level goods. But, like I said in my last post, I do think that these over-levelled goods will have to be very bare-bones so that players don't get immediately OP gear (a sword with Sharpness VI, Fire Aspect II, Knockback II, Looting III, Unbreaking III up for sale would be dreadfully unbalanced), that way it would still encourage players to enchant the gear and perfect their equipment outside of villager shops. It would also help if these goods too were placed a good price too. One that is not so low that it breaks the server but not one that impossibly high.
                          For example, Kritter, I don't like the idea of a Sharpness VI, Unbreaking III sword at 40 ingots. The Unbreaking III shouldn't be present on the sword. It should be applied to the sword after purchase. But if the enchantment does stay, the price should be raised significantly to give the incentive of working for these rare goods. As the price stands, with or without the second enchant, the price should still be higher. The price may be fine to some people but gold isn't as rare as one may think. And I know people who have high quantities of gold, diamond, and the sort.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Why gold ingots, why not just use blocks instead?
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

I say we just use emeralds since they can't be farmed as they spawn rarely and no mobs drop them.
                              So the only way to get them is to put up with the NPCs' ridiculous exchange rates.

Comment

Working...
                              X