X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A danmaku plugin for the main server

So, just wondering. How many here would be interested in a danmaku like plugin for the main server? Just want to gauge interest.
    That sounds like a great idea
    69.23%
    Meh, don't really care
    30.77%
    No, that's a bad idea
    0.00%
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

I really don't mind either way. On one hand, like PB, people will love to have this back. On the other, I have no freaking clue what we're getting ourselves into. idk how danmaku may play out in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I'm assuming this is being put in for 1.9/1.10, right? Because I don't see why we'd put it in now when we should be working on that.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Sounds like a nice idea Katrix, but do watch out for one thing.
      If I recall correctly, back when we still had this, it was able to knock down things like item frames, so if you do anything, could you check if you can prevent that?
      (Just mentioning this, so people won't have to put their paintings back up every time someone plays danmaku.)
      Originally posted by Mogeko
      Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
      Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
      Praise be to prosciutto.
      ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
      Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

I very fondly remember the old danmaku plugin. I still have a "starter's kit" of sorts to help new players quickly learn what did what.
        When the danmaku plugin broke, it almost seemed that a little niche of entertainment on the server died. It would be great to have it back.
        An accurate time lapse of someone joining YukkuriCraft over the course of a month.

Comment

I must ask where would this danmaku be usable, like, in survival/creative, or just in Gensokyo?
          Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

No idea, that's why I up this thread. To see what other people thought about it.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

About the question of where, I would like to say the plugin should probably be kept to Creative Flats and Gensokyo.
              Gensokyo, so people can have danmaku battles like in the actual games in the actual scenery;
              Creative Flats, so people can build grand arena's there and have battles there;

If there's an anti-grief function added to the danmaku (so not like before), you could also do Survival (main reason I didn't put that one up there is cuz people could grief houses (paintings, item frames, etc.) with the previous version, so houses would be easily hit with that).
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Comparing to the original danmaku plugin which had the ability to activate flying while in Survival mode, we should have a harsh distinction between what allows flight mode in Creative worlds (such as Gensokyo or the Flats), and Survival worlds.

The original plugin had the player "use" (right-click by default) a feather to toggle flying. Obviously, this is too accessible for a Survival world, so some other item or method should be the method to fly in Survival worlds which forces it to be a late-game ability. Also, it would be foolish to not consider the ability to fly being overpowered. If I remember correctly, flying while in Survival (or Adventure by extension) very quickly drains hunger, so that could be the balancing factor.

Then, there's the griefing factor where snowballs have undesirable interactions with some entities. There aren't that many entities in Minecraft that would be of concern, so an exhaustive test does not seem that unreasonable.
                An accurate time lapse of someone joining YukkuriCraft over the course of a month.

Comment

Working...
                X