Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For your consideration! Yukkuricraft Seasons!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your consideration! Yukkuricraft Seasons!

With the recent announcement of Hidden Star in Four Seasons, I thought It would be good to introduce something new and interesting to the server. Ladies and Gentlemen I present you: SEASONS

Now we have made a good point of having the servers "recommended" textures to be default. The way Gensokyo is set up, certain areas are always a certain season. However, this hasn't stopped us from going around Gensokyo, changing the leaves to a fitting color of wool and saying "LOOK IT'S FALL/WINTER/SPRING NOW." Only for a few weeks later begging Remi to roll back Gensokyo. Let's not forget that the last time this happened, we lost the Gensokyo backup and had to put up the original download.

I have found the solution to this. As of yet, we have not used the "recommended resource pack" feature on the server that prompts the user to download and install whatever texture pack we recommend. This is completely optional and should not affect game-play in any shape or form. All it does is provide a seasonal atmosphere without actually having to change Gensokyo. The best part is, we don't actually have to make textures, we just have to change the leaf color map. Even if someone logs on with another resource pack activated, they still see the change in the leaf color.

I have spent just a little bit working on these packs and what i've been able to do thus far is impressive if I do say so myself:

Autumn:

Spring:

Winter(WIP):

So tell me what you think! If you like it whine at Remi!

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

This looks really cool!

I think in Autumn, what if you varied the lead colors, like having multiple reds, oranges, and yellows?

Comment

It's still very much a work in progress and I'm very open to suggestions. If there is enough demand I can give you guys the files and let you play around with it.

Comment

I really really like the idea, I have some knowledge on how to do the color map, if I can help with anything, be sure to tell me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
        Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eet23kpwvs...asons.zip?dl=0

Here are the fills for you guys to play around with. If you guys have edits you want to submit just post the foliage.PNG in the thread I guess.

Comment

creative flats is gonna look fucking retarded

Comment

It already does!

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

good point

Comment

Well shit. I actually really really like this idea. Get it finished and I'll actually put it up.

Comment

I could look into if I can make something to only send you the texture pack in certain worlds or regions.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                      Yes please. Though foliage colours would be alright in other worlds, having resource packs only pushed to Genso would be best.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by Aqua-sama View Post
                        Well shit. I actually really really like this idea. Get it finished and I'll actually put it up.
                        Yay, Remi Sempai noticed! Yea I put the files out there so people can improve what I've attempted. I'll try to play around with it myself when I have time.

Comment

(apologize for double-post) Uhh...I may have made a slight miscalculation.

It seems that vines are also affected by colormaps. The fall one is forgivable but...

The spring one just looks stupid.

So it might not be a deal-breaker, but it would mean we would have to make compromises and changes in Gensokyo in order to accommodate this. And I really didn't intend to do that with this. Also keep in mind that birch and pine leaves are not affected.

I mean I could fix this with mcpatcher, but that would require people to download optifine to make Gensokyo to look good, and that's the last thing we want.

Comment

I'm personally very iffy on having to make changes to Gensokyo itself. We already try to make everything work with no texture pack, and that should continue to be what we work with. As I see it, this should be ab enhancement for those that want it, not something that we should change how we do things to support.

If anything, what about making it so that the vines aren't affected by the color map?
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                            X