Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S121
    replied
    I honestly thought I put it in quest ideas, sorry.

Anyway, first post has been updated.

Edit: I've got a question. Are there going to be any major changes to the mountain, besides the Tengu Village? I just need to know, so then I don't put a quest location on top of anything
    important. Also, where is the Tengu Village going to be located? I'm not really expecting much of an answer for this one, considering that the mountain has to probably be altered to make room for the village.
    Last edited by S121; 04-16-2013, 04:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    i think that this topic changed from showing the locations to quest stuff, thats probably why.

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    Ohwow. I didn't even realize it wasn't in the quest section, lol.

Leave a comment:

• MyHatismyFriend
    replied
    Shouldn't this be moved to Quest Ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    how about, that the options were the villagers themselves, let say im searching for this treasure, and the quest giver tells me that 2 villagers know about it and can help or complicate the quest, the villager A who is inside a house (info given by the quest person) says a riddle related to the path for the treasure, and the villager B who liives in the near forest can tell you about the treasure, but it takes more time to reach that villager

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    I thought linear dialogue might be the case, I just had to make sure. I am close to finishing some dialogue for the Tengu Village quest and will update the post soon.

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    Technically "options" are possible but it's hacky, not reliable, and overall "not natural" to the player. A linear route with variations triggered by actions is better.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Okay, I was wondering about the quest systems involving dialogue. When you talk to an NPC, can you chose dialogue options, or does it follow a "dialogue track" where they just talk to you and act as if you said something?
    Last edited by S121; 04-10-2013, 04:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    allright ^^ IŽll try to get more ideas

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Okay. I will be updating the first post as I start reshaping the quest lines. I will still be accepting more feedback. I like the gathering quest mentioned and will try to find a place for it. If not, it could make a good side quest.
    About the tree climbing as a rite of passage, I'll need to see the finished Tengu Village once I have an account, but I like the parkour idea.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. If I can't implement any ideas, I'll try to make it a side quest, or a completely new quest line. So keep the suggestions and feedback rolling!
    Last edited by S121; 04-08-2013, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    Please do! I do like the idea that you've put down. It's just a matter of if we can implement it smoothly xD

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    So it would probably be better to bring this up later. In the meantime I'll probably keep refining this, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    ohh allright, then more patience will be needed lol

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    Well I mean, we can certainly add quests to the area (once the plugins update) but I wouldn't be able to do anything like "make NPCs attack players until xyz" or "don't let players enter area until xyz" either. Maybe in the future when we have a really large portion of Gensokyo done, we can make an "RPG" spinoff "server" where the entire thing is basically one giant RPG, but that'd be way later in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    so a battling one isnŽt viable hm.. what about:

.-building spell circles to maintain the villages safe from any danger (no need to put an enemy)

.-climb to the top of the village to meet the elders as the acceptance ritual

Leave a comment:

Working...
X