Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom Announced!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom Announced!

ZUN just announced on his blog that the 15th main series Touhou game is now in development. Called Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom or 紺珠伝 (Kanjuden), this new game is going to have a demo out for Reitaisai 12 on May 10th. The game isn't a Phantasmagoria (shame...) but it's still worth the hype.

Also, REISEN IS PLAYABLE! (And Sanae is back.)

(If any/all of these images break, tell me and I'll reupload them to imgur.)

Link to ZUN's blog post: http://kourindou.exblog.jp/22976576/
    /r/touhou thread where I found out: http://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comme...ith_touhou_15/

Speculation? Predictions?
    I say that the Watatsuki sisters may make an appearance in this game. And I hope they do.

Also, as you guessed, Moon fairy is hyped over a game about the Moon. >△<
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 04-22-2015, 09:05 AM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

REISEN IS PLAYABLE HOLY MAMA BANANAS ON A FRIDAY NIGHT

Comment

So, an I the only one that is wondering why the lives are disabled in many of the screenshots?
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
        So, an I the only one that is wondering why the lives are disabled in many of the screenshots?
        New mode, perhaps?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
          New mode, perhaps?
          A lot of people have speculated that the screenshots are either of Last Words or, as Katrix Mima said, maybe a No Life mode. But, until we get more info, who truly knows as to what some of these screenshots entail.

But what I can also see is what looks like a blue-haired rabbit enemy for a boss/midboss. This kind of further provokes the idea of the game being about the Moon. Lunarians are invading Gensokyo to take back Kaguya, Eirin, and Reisen, maybe?
          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 04-22-2015, 04:59 PM.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

I'm surprised but not that Reisen is a playable character.

Surprised because: She's not at least half human like playable characters traditional are.

Not Surprised because: She's a Stage 5 Boss (Maisa SoEW, Sakuya EoSD, Youmu PCB, Sanae MoF).

I'm sure there is a good reisen that Reisen is a playable character. Like others have said, it will probably have something to do with the moon.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Reisen <3

Comment

If I´m correct with what Reimu has in her hands, isn´t that what the rabbits use in folklore? then also the boss with rabbit ears and helmet (similar to the lunarian soldiers) And the long shot for me, the background of the cover screen has what looks like the moon and the right edge of the flowers looks like a crescent moon
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
                  Yeah, Reimu's item does look like a tool for pounding mochi. If anyone knows their Japanese/Chinese folklore, they'd know that on the Moon, there is said to be a rabbit pounding mochi up there. See the connection?
                  Further evidence of the idea of the plot being Gensokyo vs. the Moon.

Also, I did kinda notice the crescent too. Either that's some clever design by ZUN or we're just seeing sh*t.

Comment

I'll place money that it's actually supposed to be both a flower (the crescent is the stem for those that didn't notice) as well as maybe a moon partially covered by clouds (the flower then being the cloud and the stem forming the outline of the moon).

That would also explain the multi-colored clouds... but that's just a theory.

EDIT:

Upon further inspection (and some tampering) I think I see the flower and it's leaves.

Spoiler:

I'm going to go back on what I thought and say it's just a flower and not clouds and a moon.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-22-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

There could also be the chance that the game is still in development, and that the live counter just isn't there yet.

Comment

@Karu

Second picture. Definitively there.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Yay, I can finally play as raisins
                          I believe this is the only touhou game you can play as reisen, besides the spinoff fighter games

Comment

I've been thinking a little, mainly about the title.

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Lunatic Kingdom is likely the Lunar capital, considering the moon's relevance to insanity in Touhou, along with the inclusion of Reisen.

But why Legacy? Did sometihng happen to the Lunar Capital? Did the humans somehow win, and the survivors fled to Gensokyo?

Probably wrong. It would be a cool concept, though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Well there's so much history of the Moon thanks to stories like Silent Sinner in Blue's back story and such. So most likely something along the lines of that being the case?

I am super hoping to see Yorihime and Toyohime, but I doubt either of them would be the final boss. Extra boss possibly or even stage 5. Either case I want to see them.

Comment

Working...
                              X