Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom Announced!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyros_Lugoth View Post
    I am super hoping to see Yorihime and Toyohime, but I doubt either of them would be the final boss. Extra boss possibly or even stage 5. Either case I want to see them.
    I would almost say Phantasm boss, mainly considering how powerful the two are. They kicked everyone's ass. I would like to see it though, especially with Reisen considering their previous relationship.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
      I would almost say Phantasm boss, mainly considering how powerful the two are. They kicked everyone's ass. I would like to see it though, especially with Reisen considering their previous relationship.
      I honestly could see that too considering the "extra difficulty of playing with only one life" option. I really do wonder though. All the hype.

Comment

ZUN just updated his blog with a nice teaser image. A photo of what is most likely the upcoming demo's disc:

(Tell me if this image is broken so I can rehost it. This is quite an important one.)

As you can see, the disc has artwork of one of the game's new bosses/midbosses. Specifically, the blue-haired rabbit that we saw in the original announcement blog post. (Check the OP if you want to see the first images of blue-haired bun-bun.)

So far, no translation of the blog post has been made. If this new girl has a name, we don't know it yet.

EDIT: There's already artwork for this rabbit! The hell?!
        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 05-08-2015, 11:00 AM.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Now that I think of it, I wonder if Reisen (2nd Reisen) will appear in this game.

Comment

I think we can confirm the game will be related to the lunarians now since this girl has the formal clothing of their people (albeit without the helmet),

also about that fanart.. it was made 2 HOURS after the release (and I can only make stick people..)

but anyways, there are enough things to say that the lunarians will play a big role in this game thanks to the screenshots, the revealed in-game characters, the main menu´s background, disk´s artwork, etcetera.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Actually, there was fanart only about 10 minutes after that image.
              sigpic

Comment

@Red
                Rule (6) of the Internet: It's not a question of IF there will be fanart but WHEN.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Touhou 15: Impossible Spell Card

That 3rd boss though wow.

Comment

I'm mostly just wondering what kind of name is Doremy Sweet? Most youkai either have Western names or weird, meaningful Japanese names. Doremy Sweet sounds like musical confectionery.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneLudicolo View Post
                      I'm mostly just wondering what kind of name is Doremy Sweet? Most youkai either have Western names or weird, meaningful Japanese names. Doremy Sweet sounds like musical confectionery.
                      Doremy is a stand in for Dreamy. So, Dreamy Sweet. She's a Bakku, a type of youkai who create and devour dreams.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
                        Doremy is a stand in for Dreamy. So, Dreamy Sweet. She's a Bakku, a type of youkai who create and devour dreams.
                        When you account for Japanese dialect and contractions of certain sounds, contracting Do to just D, Doremy sounds a bit more like Dreamy than you'd initially think (well, the name sounds more like Drémy but it's still there).
                        ZUN is known to have a bad grasp on spelling western names/words and can sometimes f*ck them up. This is also true when you see names originally written with kanji have their name spelt out in romaji. For example, Mamizou's last name, Futatsuiwa (二ッ岩 - note the kanji), has been spelt by ZUN as "Hutatuiwa" in the Symposium of Post-Mysticism. While the proununcation is still possible to make out (with a bit of simple Japanese knowledge), you can see as to how much of a deviation the spelling is compared to the true spelling in Ten Desires.

Assuming ZUN really wanted to make the name Dreamy Sweet, he should've rather used Dorimy (ドリミ) or maybe Doriimy (ドリイミ) for the name rather than Doremy (ドレミ). Then again, Doremy looks better in romaji than Dorimy does.
                        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 05-10-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Huh, interesting. I thought for sure it had something to do with music, but that makes more sense.

Comment

Finally... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8cn9a8afQ

Sorry for the quality if it's bad. I don't know why it's bad. Youtube is Youtube.

Comment

Wow, Good job. Btw, how would you rate the difficulty of this game?
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                                Wow, Good job. Btw, how would you rate the difficulty of this game?
                                How I feel about the game is in the description, Katrix. =3

Comment

Working...
                                X