Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear the manga is okay. The anime is cancer though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Naruto anime started off pretty ok. but yeah it's bad. I would say the worst anime i've watched is "final fantasy unlimited"

Comment

So basically mention shit animes? or are you looking for obnoxious fanbase stuff?

Kotoura-san was a letdown I guess
        Naruto, Bleach, and the like are basically givens
        Steam: Neetorin
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, basically just _bad_ animes

Comment

You guy's must've never seen "Mars of Destruction".
            You do not know the meaning of "bad anime".
            My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
            Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

i guess our opinion of bad animes differ. to me, naruto and bleach arent bad animes, they have their moments of bad but mostly good. kotoura-san was not what i thought at first but its decent.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

It's more like the anime's just aimed at the wrong audience for us. Since the show's demographic is younger audiences like gradeschool/middle school boys, the best way to satisfy their wants is less (coherent) plot and more shiny things like fighting and whatever young pubescent boys are into. This just naturally makes for a relatively shallow setting for more mature audiences. This is primarily due to the fact that animes are extremely high budget mediums where wider/more profitable demographics (eg, young boys who spend money on anything with "naruto" in its name) are somewhat of a requirement for profit. Granted the big three are sort of cash cowing but the concept is the same.

This is why I said the manga is noted to be much better than the anime. The mangaka doesn't need to worry nearly as much about demographic reception and general issues of money because mangas are much lower budget mediums. That said, the mangaka may focus more on depth to the content without worrying about having to satisfy the rather simple wants of the anime's target audience.

Comment

Pokemon Anime is definitely some sort of cancer. >^<
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

and there is times where u have to read the manga to finish a series (ex: air gear).
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Wriggle
                      I will admit that it does annoy me that there isn't a multitude of Pokemon anime like there is with Pokemon manga. At least give us a choice.
                      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

If we're talking sugar-coated cancer with a dash of "why does this exist," I'd like to nominate Teekyu.
                        3 seasons (about to be 4) of 2-minute shorts about a tennis team that plays almost no tennis whatsoever.
                        (But it's funny, so I guess it did what it set out to do.)

Comment

Aw what. I love Teekyu!
                          Another and Deadman Wonderland left a bitter taste in my mouth also.

A friend tells me R.O.D. is a good show. Should I trust this?
                          Steam: Neetorin
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMooseJam View Post
                            If we're talking sugar-coated cancer with a dash of "why does this exist," I'd like to nominate Teekyu.
                            3 seasons (about to be 4) of 2-minute shorts about a tennis team that plays almost no tennis whatsoever.
                            (But it's funny, so I guess it did what it set out to do.)
                            mfw all the titles end with "Senpai"
                            My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                            Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

just NEVER watch Boku no Pico. I've never seen it but i heard its just awful, well it is a yaoi after all.

Comment

Sword Art Online was pretty bad imo and i do find the praise pretty cancerous, at least when i feel that other shows have done the MMO concept way better.
                                I'll take .Hack// over it anytime.
                                "Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time you open it, you drip stupid all over my floor."

Comment

Working...
                                X