Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most cancerous anime I have ever seen has got to be Lucky Star. All the references in that one combine in such a way that it will forever be marked as a product of the 2000s. At least the songs are good. Azumanga Daioh & Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei are still much better, in my opinion.
    No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Cancerous Animes Thread

^ get out and never return you heathen. Also azuman sucks. One of the three shows I've ever dropped. (And i gave all of them 3 episodes)

BnP is actually more amusing than anything. I learned this from livestreaming it with over 40 viewers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Garzey's Wing is the worst OVA I have ever seen, mostly because they don't explain the plot that well.

Some other anime I deem cancerous:

Dinosaur King
        The TMNT anime
        Sakigake! Otokojuku
        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Woah. Lucky Star? Bad? That's just... I don't even know.
          But to counter with Azumanga Daioh "sucks?" I can't believe what I'm hearing.
          I basically live for pointless schoolgirl slice of life anime.
          Will we be bashing Ichigo Marshmallow or Hidamari Sketch next?
          When will the circle of hate ever end!?

Also School Days:
          Terrible.
          Just. Terrible.

Comment

Azuman is the only SoL I couldn't stand. I love hidamari and loli marshmallows lol

Comment

Naruto is the very definition of cancerous. The entire fanbase is best summed up in one word: malignant. The art is shit, the plot is shit, and the cast is full of unlikable characters. No sane person can empathize with the majority of the characters because of how unrealistic they are. In a typical shounen fashion, every villain is stronger than the last, defying any sense of pace or suspension of disbelief. It should be plainly obvious how much of a cash grab this series actually is.

I would have posted the copypasta instead but the server is down so I needed something to do.
              Last edited by LiShengshun; 01-13-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Isn't that how all Shounen animes/mangas are?

Insanely potential main character
                Who just happened to be a regular person
                But with the most powerful characters as parents

Who embark on a journey
                Fighting villains that are stronger than the last
                Until they reach their end goal.

Naruto IS bad though.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMooseJam View Post
                  I basically live for pointless schoolgirl slice of life anime.
                  Will we be bashing Ichigo Marshmallow or Hidamari Sketch next?
                  When will the circle of hate ever end!?
                  Have no fear. Life is the best slice. Though, A-channel was bit tedious to watch.

Boku no Pico is entry level. Pico x Coco x Chico is for a cultured audience.

Angel Beats is bad. The soundtrack is ok.
                  Steam: Neetorin
                  sigpic

Comment

As far as the shounen genre goes, I like what Hunter x Hunter does with it.
                    It sticks to a lot of the genre staples, but it kinda twists them around, and it doesn't force victories out of a protagonist that is clearly outmatched.
                    It's definitely a smarter shounen title than Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, or Fairy Tail.
                    (I just wish the mangaka would hurry up and un-die. Stupid Hiatus x Hiatus)

A-channel was indeed tedious. It had cute characters, but it didn't seem to do anything that other SoL's didn't do better.
                    (Still watchable though. Just not a high-tier show.)

Comment

Also, while I'm at it, this Future Card Buddyfight seems like unnecessary cancer. Apparently Yu-Gi-Oh is a genre now.
                      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Ha. Hahahaha!
                        Oh my. I actually have not heard of that one, Buddyfight was it?
                        And I'm usually pretty up to date on new anime.
                        That may be a testament to how bad it really is, if it didn't even register in my mind as a show that'll be airing this season.
                        Oh Bushiroad, when will you learn that not EVERYthing revolves around card games.

Thinking about it, couldn't that whole "Yu-Gi-Oh" genre be considered cancerous.
                        I mean Yu-Gi-Oh itself was alright when I was a kid, but it seems all of the spin-offs and knock-offs just
                        perpetuate terrible writing for the sake of half-assed marketing.

Comment

Working...
                        X