Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Minecraft story

So, I'm bored so I'm doing this.

So, tell everyone about your history in Minecraft. How you stumbeled over it and what have made some big influences on you throughout Your time playing Minecraft.

So, I guess I can begin myself. So, I think the first time I hear about Minecraft was from an Norwegian gaming site. When I explored the game however, I only saw the old creative, so I didn't think much off it. Now and then I would see some videos of featurs in minecraft, like rails and Minecarts, but I never found them (duh), so I didn't really care. I think the turning point for me to actually gain some interest was when I found this let's player named ArcmageMelek play Minecraft (yes, that's why my house in survival is always a giant tower). At some point I got so interested that I bought the game myself. This as around Beta 1.1

After that I didn't really do much. I played the game together with some friends and enjoyed it. So, after some time I saw this video which is where I discovered Minecraft modding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vHe_IGmfY. I couldn't actually use HeyRunes as I was too late for hMod, but there was still Runecraft, the original mod. I'm kind of surprised that that thing have survived for so long, I mean apparently it's the third oldest Minecraft mod out there. So, let me take a wild guess, you're going to guess that I got really into modding after this? Wrong. At the time, I was an extreme purist. I didn't want not in the Base Game in my worlds. I did have a few exceptions tough. The first one was things like minimaps and such. The other were mods like Runecraft. Nevertheless I did actually keep an close eye on the modding community. I still remember a few of them. I think I saw IC at some point, altough it could have been PlasticCraft too. This was kind of the main reason I didn't get into modding. You see, it wasn't as easy back then as it is now. Once you installed a mod, your world could be considered corrupt. You had to use it. There was also the fact that installation was clumsy, especially if you wanted a lot of mods. Incompatibility problems weren't uncommon at all as mods either had to use Modloader, or integrate directly into the game. Nevertheless, a lot of base classes was edited. There was also the fact that Modloader was quite barebone. It couldn't even handle sound. Back then, 10 or even less mods at once was the same as maybe 100 nowadays.

I think it was around this time when I started playing with servers and plugins. I would run a server for two of my friends where we made a village on one of thos incredible worlds from back when everyone shared awesome seeds. I think this is where I got into the idea of plugins for the server (much easier than mods), most often, I would pretend our server was hounted by Herobrine and do stuff with that. (It was fun).

So, I still did witness many big moments when watching the modding community. For example, I saw the birth of Buildcraft, I never really saw the point of it tough as it didn't really help you build, and once your build was done, you couldn't remove them as it would corrupt your world. There was of course a few mods that I did actually try too of course. For example, I used to love the "The Aether" mod. Overall tough, I stayed pretty distanced.

Jumping far into the future, I remember that there was on time when I actually wanted to get into modding, by this point it gad gown a lot more mature and it wasn't as barebone as it once was. After looking around for some weeks I came across Direwolf20 (shame on you if you don't know who that it). I watched his Let's Play, followed along and just got into modding. Then I did that for a while. After that, I took a huge break from Minecraft before fidning Yukkuricraft and settling here. To be honnest, I was quite ready to just come on Minecraft, see the server, and then leave again, but it didn't turn out that way at all.

So, this is my Minecraft story, what is yours?
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Here's my backstory

Pre-TouhouCraft

I bought minecraft when it was released as a completed game. I liked to roam on random servers, typically PvP and Guild (faction) servers. I got into this one minecraft server which had a lot of fun stuff, and I had a lot of fun. There, I met a few dear people named Tastytaffy, arakness, and radiantrawr. We had a lot of fun in the server, until the owner (Ballistic_Knife) decided to give another person almost admin (Klasvich) and he practically became the most douchebaggy person I have met during that time. He practically used bedrock (an unbreakable block for people who don’t play) to destroy someone’s base. He banned me, but my peeps got him to unban me. Nonetheless, the owner of the server removed his power, and he got trust issues. Then, the server got rollbacked, and my faction lost about all it’s treasures. Then the faction, Mysterium, dissolved into nothingness.

TouhouCraft Era

Then, I got into Touhou, I am still part of a Touhou minecraft community, but during that time, everything was new to me. When I first got into Touhoucraft, it was nice and I didn’t think it was massive mess and a calm community (with the exception of some shit people). I built the Tanuki-mart, but no one went there to buy items. When a important minecraft update was released, the server owner decided to go to Anarchy while plugins and whatnot update. It was pretty fun, and I made friends with a handful of people. People were hacking and I was like, why not? After a few weeks, the server went back to normal.

Since I “was” Mamizou, I liked to trick people. This resulted in me being generally very childish. Long story, I was accused of hacking because I told someone they were hacking (because I was lagging). I told the mod that I wasn’t hacking, only during anarchy. Then, I got banned and I got really sad.

The time after that was me just playing around with a few real friends on other minecraft servers.

Yukkuricraft Era

During November, I received a message from Monobone no Futo (a friend of mine in the THC community before I got banned) and told me that there is a new server called Yukkuricraft. When I joined, it seemed pretty chill and empty but I made through. In survival mode, I found a small house and decided to live next to it. In the first few months, I met several people who migrated to YC from THC because of drama involving someone named Meido. I met some chill people like Kirisame_88, Remi, and other people that don’t typically show up on YC anymore or just some people went to shit (their attitude worsened and I dislike them considerably more). I was the first to get banned in the server for no apperent reason, and I was the first one to make a ban appeal.

I heavily disliked this guy nicknamed Zemo. He was so mean that I messed his railroads and killed him every now and then. I remember he broke into my house and killed me several times. Funny enough, he got banned because of it. He also had a who to kill list which was pretty interesting. Then came Kadapunny. Not a bad fellow, just EXTREMELY annoying. Everyone hated him. I killed him several times, and he got banned because he griefed my house. Also, it resulted in Kadapunny completely ignored by the staff team, and denying him to come back to the server (yes, he was that annoying).

However, some drama started to occur between Topaz and Remilia, and this is where everything started to go to shit. Long story short, Topaz said that she was leaving the server for a indefinite amount of time, she went to talk to Remi, and then Topaz threatened to sue the server. Everyone got their panties in a knot, and Topaz was banned in everywhere. Topaz did several threads to discuss about how shit the server was, and there was a lot of drama, as well as some of the good juicy threads being deleted. HOWEVER, I got some files that were on those threads in a folder. From what I’ve interpreted was that both were acting immature and made me slightly depressed that two people I looked up to got into a fight.

After the Valentine Day drama and half a month, I got promoted as Builder. Didn’t really deserve it really, I only did some minor conceptual builds. Besides that, I skipped elder, which is a must have rank if you ever want to get builder, so they were really desperate. I also didn’t hold any “political” power in YC, and wasn’t very influential or decent in building back then. I did get on the server and helped build a lot.

Then Worstcase1 and Bebatch came. They are my closest friends even to this day. I personally didn’t know them that much and I think I ignored them because I disliked them. Then again, I also disliked jrhman because he was a horrible and quick builder , even though I swallow those words now since he is great builder nowadays. It wasn’t long for Bebatch and Worstcase to become builders on the server (Quickest way to be Builder and what not is lick the staffs’ shoes and be online in minecraft and mumble while also participating in the YC forums).

After more stupid stuff happened, we decided to work on Gensokyo 2.0 . Oh my god, that was the shittiest Voxelling and world editing job ANYONE did on the history of minecraft. Worst, Bebatch, 1 or 2 other people, and we spent HOURS fixing shit the others should’ve fixed. Some drama was brewing between Shimitty and Worstcase, and I was in the chat just listening to them complain to say the least. Worstcase got mad at Remi, and I also got slightly pissy at Remi for reasons Worstcase told me that actually did make sense. Remi also got mad at me and some shitstorm was brewing. Nobody hanged out with Worstcase because he was marked as a shitty member of the community, so no one was nearby. Some people I liked left the community because of shit stuff Remi did, such as Remi making Tewi building the Scarlet Devil Mansion Basement even though Demon was going to work on it after YC finished the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Some few months after, Hell broke out. I forgot the exact events, but here’s a recording of what happened during a builder meeting. I asked for the recording because I missed the builder meeting and I wanted to hear Remi yell at Worstcase for saying that snarky comment. I also wrote on the forums for Remi to stop being a stupid bitch and to actually do something productive for the server. He got mad at me, but I quickly dismissed the matter as a cry for attention and he Remi tried acting nicer and less selfish whenever I was around. Kinda sad, to be honest.

It was long after Worstcase left the server. I decided to resign a few months after the recording of the second video. After all, the community started going to shit and the Role playing group were doing HORRIBLE role plays, to the point that the entire forum combined was smaller than the role playing section.

So this is my history of YC and my backstory. As you can see, I still find this place a shithole that needs rework, but whatevs.
    Last edited by mamizou; 09-15-2014, 06:55 PM. Reason: Ending

Comment

You make it sound like the entire forum is shitty because of us.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
        I usually see those things as pure honest opinions, and I respect that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
          Well Wriggle if he was intending that then I don't see the reason why Mamizoo comes on the forum, and also Mamizoo you forgot the part that after you left, you had me inherit your stuff, and good thing that it's still there because I'ma Myon.

=Before YC= I was a fan of Roosterteeth(Achievement Hunter, which I am still pretty much to this day), and I was inspired on how much fun they had playing Minecraft from Episode 1? So then I first bought it for Xbox360 (which I still do have to this day again), and as I was playing it, I wondered "How do I change my skin? because I wanted a custom skin, and when I looked it up, YOU COULDNT HAVE A CUSTOM SKIN, and as I was reading comments on forums about comparison of PC version and Xbox, they are different in both server-wise and skin-wise, so I felt like "Darn, I made a stupid mistake" and was like "Waaaaah crying waaahs", and I remember making a post onto the forums here saying: I want Minecraft account, and I think Shimitty and Keychain told me to buy one at Gamestop or something, but I have 0$. Then Jenga came along and boom I am playing on Jenga account.

=YC= "

I joined in since March something, actually joined in after watching the server video, and because of a user called WinryMargatroid, which is a friend of mine are Steam. Although no one really showed me the way exactly when I joined ;_;, so I sort've like left for quite a while and then joined back when Aya (Aya underscore underscore Shameimaru) told me about this server, and Aya too was a friend on steam. I, well, joined because I was currently a lone wolf after mutual friend problems. I did join Touhoucraft first, but then again, no one really gave me a welcome when I first joined there. How I got this Minecraft was through my friend on Steam ---> http://steamcommunity.com/id/ureshiijames , and he is the rightful Jenganor, not me :O, although you can still choose to call me Jenganor because he doesn't use his account often, and he is pretty much 1 of the reasons why I am in Yukkuricraft, along with Aya__Shameimaru. I remember the days when the older builders were still here, and Chrysanthemum, pillow, Cyros, Tyson, Alayosho, and Phantom were only adult rank and below, and so far they've aged until now (Oh how fast they grow ;_.

I remember coming onto mumble one time and asking the requirements for Elder rank, and Shimitty explained to me about it, saying that asking for it isn't going to get you it, and it's done by actions. This pretty much motivated me to have myself known on the server, trying to make myself "Mr. Nice Guy". Now the Myonning never came until I decided to choose a permanent skin/person to be, and since I believed that _Tewi (troublexassassin) was Youmu, I decided to be Myon instead. And so my days on Yukkuricraft was simply indirectly being loyal to Aya__Shameimaru and taking care of Karasu village during it's Version 1.5.2 to 1.6.4 year. I say the person that inspired me on the server would be Kritter, as I remember constantly /call-ing him when he's running around kagometown logblocking, and thought that, "He must be the cop!" although I felt like I was pestering him most of the time ;_;. But then it happened like a "Notice me Senpai" way when I told what I was (a Myon).

"

^probably a summary already

Comment

I am stupid and can't remember things but... Here's my story

Before I even heard of minecraft
            Before I heard about this game, I watched this Youtuber called silentmystification, who had toured the THC server. At the time I was getting into touhou and my exact thoughts <holy shit where can I find this place> and so I searched up minecraft touhou ( so good right? ) and found yukkuricraft. This was probably the only reason I bought minecraft.

=YC=
            I had just bought the game, just a noob running around in his single player world until one crucial thought popped in my mind, "I should go to yukkuricraft and see the sdm!" And so I did. I joined around March last year. I was new, joined, couldn't open iron doors cause I'm a noob. Met TurtleHuggerXIII, built a house and stuff. At the time only 7 people were only at a time, and it would lag whenever it saved. (Ah good times). I hadn't done much in the community until this summer when I joined mumble and the forums. I got banned once opon a time, and took a vow not to grief. it was a little sponge smiley face lel

Comment

Let's see, I first heard about it sophomore year of high school, when it came out. Didn't get on the hype train then and just dismissed it until after graduating. That's when I got a smartphone and I gave the Pocket Edition Lite a try. That's when I decided to just get the full PC version.
              At first I was derping around. My first survival attempt was me going to the first snowy mountain I could reach in about 1 minute and digging into it. I was creating a mountain fortress in the desperate hope that I would be able to just shore up supplies and not have to go outside at all. I played like this for... a few days. Then I realized I didn't have to worry about mobs cause I was playing on peaceful.
              So then I tried playing on easy. Then hunger happened and well...didn't end well. I don't know what happened to that map...It's been a while...
              Anyway, then I found YC, which is hilarious cause at first, back when I initially discovered Touhou in my Junior year of HS, I had found the server video, watched it, and... just said "oh that's cool..." When I got minecraft I then was looking at the multiplayer function wondering what I could do there... and that's when I remembered the 3 Touhou Minecraft videos I saw a year or 2 back. One was YC, another was TC, and the third...I'm pretty certain there was a third...I have no idea atm... might have been TC and my memory is playing tricks on me.
              Anyway I went on this "third one" and got lost in the Forest of Magic. After a short while...I eventually derped out. Don't know when or why I decided to do it, I eventually found the URL of YC and joined.
              ...Well...
              Long story short:
              When I found out how small a community YC was... I got the childish idea that this could be a community where I could do something big and novel and whatever nonsense my mind came up with.
              So I was thinking: Minigames.
              I was so hell bent on the concept of turning events into minigames that I ultimately frustrated myself when I was trying to get help in make this happen.
              ...why did I get frustrated? Because I made one fatal assumption. I assumed that this community was like PSO-World. Forum based and all communications happen via the forums or in-game chat. In my world at the time, Mumble was this useless concept that was impractical in comparison to the power of forums allowing billions of people the ability to read everything that was happening and see first hand what everyone was doing.
              So I was dismayed by the very little acknowledgement to my attempts at getting minigames going. Even after Scooterboo/Nazrin got my hopes up by allowing me to try and build in his test server (or w/e it was)...
              Everything still went downhill from there.
              Because when I get frustrated, I self-destruct.
              Over the course of me being here, there was about 3-5 times where I wanted to be banned/ erased from existence from here because of the failures (different reasons for each, but same broken record story).

Then I gave up and went back to the only thing that's been constant in my entire life for the past 10 years.

If I didn't get Minecraft, I would have remained in PSO-World Forums and probably made a lot better decisions in my life rather than trying to be someone I'm not. I wouldn't have gotten any "bright ideas" and probably wouldn't have even wound up here.

20/20 hindsight. Minecraft and all my decisions here destroyed me further than in any other MMO/community I've played/participated in and I'm now finally picking up the pieces and going back to my old gamer ways.

...and my old gamer ways is being the complete derpy jokester. This may seem completely different from what you just read but hey, shit happens. I finally understand this *again* (cause I actually kinda go through similar phases in every new community I join) and now if you excuse me I have to go fly my Kittyhawk, cause she likes it when I play with her with my joystick.

Comment

I really don't remember how I first heard of it. All I remember is was watching two big Minecraft channels regularly, & I got so hyped the closer the game got to it's full release. So I got my mom to pay for a premium account, & we started playing together. Then Touhoucraft stepped in. Sure, I got banned for being a thief, but it was fun while I was there. It's a good thing I was banned, because I don't think I could have handled the events leading up to the creation of Yukkuricraft. Anyways, I was one of the first people to join Yukkuricraft, & there I got into a rivalry with Mr. Pie up there. It was so great. Then for some reason, I started to slowly become bored of Minecraft, so I started modding the fuck outta it. And that's why I don't go on the server much anymore. And that's my story with Minecraft.
                No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

@Jacobus

What is wrong with RTY then . I mean it's not 1.7, but I'm working on that (and the fact of making it more Touhou oriented).
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

It's 00:06 and I'm not tired yet... Let's write a story! :3
                    Plz forgive any mistakes, cuz, at this time, my brains don't work as hard as normal.

||Before I got Minecraft||
                    When I first heard of Minecraft, I thought it sucked. It just looked way too boring. Despite this, I thought: "Meh, let's watch a let's play of Minecraft." (Yes, I make decisions like that.) After a few episodes of Rendog's let's play, I decided that I now thought Minecraft looked fun, so I played it a bit.

||My first server visit||
                    A few weeks later, somewhere around January 2013 or maybe even December 2012, I decided to look up Touhou and Minecraft together and found a Touhou server named Yukkuricraft (I did not read the name though). I went on there and, being the shy type, I was kinda afraid of many people chatting (there were like 10 other people on), but nobody said a word, including me. I finished the quiz with no trouble, except the quick closing of the doors. When I got warped to the Hakurei Shrine, it was the middle of the Minecraft night, so it felt quite ominous and scary. After that, I enchanted a blaze rod, which looked like Okuu's control rod in my texture pack, cuz Okuu was my skin and fav 2hu char, and I explored Gensokyo and I was simple flabbergasted (amazed).

||Goodbye YC?!||
                    I lost the address of the server, but when I looked it up again, I found THC, so I went there, not knowing they were two different servers. However, when I first joined THC, it was anarchy mode, which, to keep it short, had me rage a bit.
                    I eventually got along well with the people there and heard them talking about some kind of copycat server named YC (not sure if I remembered that correctly).

||So how did I get here again?||
                    On one day, I got introduced to another server by _Tewi and yakogoro__erin (not Shite). Which was Yukkuricraft. Fun fact tho: I didn't notice that YC was the server I first went to until MUCH later. The rest is probably known by all of you. I chatted with people, gained much time (at least four to six hours per day) and made the friends I needed to fill the emptiness in my life.

||To anyone who decided to read this part of my life||
                    First of all, I hope it was worth the read.
                    But my main message: I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being so hospitable to me.
                    It really helped me get out of an emotional slump, for I never knew how to make friends (still hard as of the moment I'm typing).
                    Thank you all. =')
                    Last edited by 99465; 11-07-2014, 08:20 PM.
                    Originally posted by Mogeko
                    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                    Praise be to prosciutto.
                    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Let's see here...

Before Minecraft...

I was, at this time, an introverted boy. Didn't have friends, didn't wanna make friends. However, in time, I met someone from a previous school, so I made exceptions for him. One day I saw him playing minecraft on his phone, and at the time, I was looking for an online legos. I took interest in it and eventually bought it.

Before Touhou...

... I'll be completely honest, I have NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THE TOUHOU GAMES ARE. I ONLY KNOW THE BASICS. The only reason I know it is because of Death Waltz. It's an impossible piano piece on synthesia and I found out it was Flandre's theme. I checked it out. Then I checked out the other soundtracks and I loved every one of them. Now you know my secret. I know a dukey's worth of info on Touhou.

Before YukkuriCraft...

I was derping on youtube, when suddenly in the suggestions tab I see the video. I ignored it a couple times until I eventually clicked on it. And I loved every second of it. I heard there was gonna be a second version and I asked Remi on the youtube accout if he could give me an estimate on when it was gonna be done. Bad idea. Once I realized that, I decided to join the forums. And here I am.

During the Dark Ages...

Soon enough, the house needed remodeling. The computer got moved to an area where there was no internet, and I was unable to go on the server. So I stuck around the forums. I bought my time with rp-ing. To be honest, every second I did, I always wondered that the rest of the forums looked down on us. Guess I got that cleared up this thread.

After the Dark Ages...

I just came back two days ago. But once I came back, I'll be blunt on it. I was shocked. The server became desolate. Everyone was fixated on their own antics. Why, When a new fella named Midnight_Sparkle came on today, no one AT ALL greeted him but me because I still had that little spark in me. So I need you to go to the thread I created and think about the proposition of an event I created. Like, really. Do it.

That's about it.

Comment

Your Minecraft story

Minecraft
                        I was very excited for minecraft when the first alpha was released.

Why?
                        Because my Sci-Tech Teacher told me about it and showed me the trailers an everything, he even studied in Sweden so he knew Notch, so I was so hyped, I bought it the first day it came out to the market. I remember it only was 5 USD or so, I'm an alpha player, I faced Herobrine when he did all the shit we know he did. I was the kind of people that mine until their arms break, so I got plenty of resources but I was like, I'm so alone in this cubic world and then I deleted the world and I stopped playing for a while.

Touhou
                        I had no idea of what Touhou was. I just went into the internet and searched for impossible songs (because I was mad at that time) and I saw Necrofantasia and I researched the song and all its origins and I knew TH after that. I remember that the first TH game I played was MoF. I got in love with TH.

YukkuriCraft
                        I first knew YC because I searched for Touhou Minecraft in YT and i went -O_O This is impossible- so I entered to check it and know I think everybody knows the rest of my story; for those who don't here it is:

Day 1
                        I was checking all the buildings and bla bla bla. Then a guy named skylord_salem warped me to the survival world, more specifically to his house.

Day 2
                        I got 20 mins of online activity.
                        I warped to Kagome and started my adventure, but I committed a little mistake, I broke a glass piece of Parsee's Bridge and I took some food to "survive". I think that Shangai_ joined at that time and saw the logs so I had no arguments to avoid the ban. I got banned for 3 days but I did not replied ( I didn't even know about the forums) so I got unbanned after the 3 days. I made my 'Shitty Shrine' and then I joined the Sakura City community and now I know all the people I do. THANKS YC.

Any other epic story?

O yes, I died 35 times in the first 20 mins when I first joined RTY😊
                        Last edited by nickmaster00; 11-04-2014, 02:56 PM.
                        Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

When I found out about Minecraft, I thought it was ridiculous. "It's basically a building blocks game for computers, with bad textures and physics." Hahaha, good one, past me. A year or two later I started screwing around on a "play for free site" just to see what minecraft was like. I might not have kept playing, until I discovered redstone and minecarts. Suddenly, there was more to do than just "break and build", and I came to like Minecraft.

The connection to touhou wasn't long in coming; as soon as I started sailing a boat, I got out an iron hoe and pretended to be Komachi.

As for how I wound up at YukkuriCraft, I think this walfas strip I made sums that up.

Comment

*Claps* What an epic story

#Tapatalk
                            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

>tenshi
                              >AFK face

100% accurate
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X