Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha Touché

#Tapatalk
    Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjiPM View Post
      As for how I wound up at YukkuriCraft, I think this walfas strip I made sums that up.
      Rather charming that I was included in that comic strip. And I'm presuming that the Parsee is SuperTouhou64 (even if I'd have rather thought of Bebatch as the Parsee). For most people's stories on finding Yukkuricraft, it's usually either finding a place to go after one's previous servers weren't that good, watching Remi's video, and/or knowing a member of Yukkuricraft. Myself included.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I found a Gensokyo in Minecraft video in my suggestions. Watched it, and felt like joining. I joined at the same time as PhantomNerfies. Did the quiz, and forgot what happened. My joining though was in one of the YC shenanigans though, if I recall.

Then after a while I slowly leaking into the community, into some other games. I totally didn't have a crush on Tenko either. I have no idea where this is going. I then got 30 days of total ontime on YC, and then got Elder the day after. And then I am here, doing... what am I doing... WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE? my memory sucks

Comment

I remember some friends at my school were playing it back in infdev times and i was like "the fuck is this shit" and didn't give it much though. Soon, a lot of my friends were playing it and i, being like some dumb kid, labeled it as "too mainstream" for me. Soon after, my closest friend, Alex (yes, our Alex) convinced me to try it out. I played the shitty game on my netbook (single core processor, 2gb ram, etc etc) on peaceful, lowest settings and still got like 10fps. I enjoyed the game though and made random shit in creative for about a month on single player.

Then, soon we entered the Beta phase of mc with 1.1_01 or whatever the hell the version was (edit: it was 1.2) and Alex said he wanted to see if he could bring up a server for some friends to play on. I followed Alex's instructions and logged onto his server he had hosted. I promptly blew up, freaked the fuck out and closed the game. Do note, I'd been playing on creative and peaceful my entire play of the game up to that point so I had NO idea what a creeper was or even that there was TNT. Alex told me to log back in and he explained some basic stuff like the mobs and whatnot. Turned out that I was just dumb and didn't know what the difficulty setting did.

That same night after Alex had logged off, I was still struggling to remember all these goddamn recipes and digging a quarry into a mountain for our collective base, I had my first experience with an actual creeper. Now mind you, up until this point Alex had simply told me "there are mobs that explode" but not really what they LOOKED like. I had a staircase going down the walls of the quarry and at the top, my eyes came into contact with the walking green phallic symbol. I to this day don't know why, but I again freaked the FUCK out, like major FLIPPED MY SHIT cuz I had NO idea wtf it was or what it would do. I just knew it had a hella scary face and i dug myself into the wall and literally sat at my computer scared shitless for, I kid you not, over half an hour. Eventually I had the courage to dig myself out to find no creeper present. Later that same night, I also found out that spiders can in fact climb over walls like nothing and I think i screamed like a little girl more times than I'd like to admit that night.

Needless to say, my first few days of SMP was full of excitement and horrors. I think the reason I kept playing was honestly the number and frequency of updates. They were coming out like every two weeks to a month back then so there was always something new to try out. Soon, I had a small server going for all of my friends with the help of Alex. This was back in late 2010/early 2011 and that's just about when i first started considering myself a minecraft admin.

Eventually, I wandered onto Touhoucraft back when peak times had maybe 3 or 4 people online at once. This was about late 2011. Survival was still tiny and there was actually some SPACE to build stuff. The old survival on thc last i checked is now the creative world though, unfortunately. Anyway, the first night I joined was dark and stormy (in-game) and I remember getting really f'in lost. Soon, I wandered into an abandoned building (yes, they actually had one) and i realized nobody had typed into chat for the entire time. I asked if anyone was on and yuyuko-sama responded. Turned out it was just her and me on at the time (this was before tablists, kids) as time progressed and i searched for a place to call home, a mod, sleepymeiling, logged on and found me wandering around. I was promptly set ablaze and died. Ah, fun times. I miss Meiling.

Those were my early days oh thc and i soon came to love everyone on there and as time passed, i even became an "old timer". The longer I stayed, the more engrained into the community that had developed I became and the further out from just minecraft we became. Eventually, there came a time where I had to take a bit of leave cuzof work and other interests and i slowly became inactive over maybe half a year and flatout went MIA for about another half year. I remember clearly that it was during the summer and i was attending university classes for high schoolers at my current university, Carnegie Mellon, that I suddenly realized i hadn't talked to a lot of my friends from thc and suddenly had a sharp pang of loneliness. I seeked out one of my closest friends at the time, Youmu or potu, and asked how things were going and where everyone was cuz the skype group we had made had been quiet for a while. Turned out, stuff happened in my absence and a new group had been made and people had assumed I was gone for good so I hadn't been added. I was soon added and suddenly a ton of familiar names I hadn't seen in almost a year were suddenly talking again. I had an emotional breakdown at that point and openly cried over the mic (we were in a skype call) with everyone welcoming me back.

I think that was just about my high point on thc.

I was surrounded by my friends again that I had neglected for so long and they were all so welcoming to me. Soon, I became extremely active again on thc. Not long after, I was promoted to builder and I soon embarked on the lunar capital project by myself.

One day while coming back from school, I got a text from someone who had become an extremely close friend of mine, Shiteyanyo (our Shite), and she told me that malik (another builder) was going in taking down my entire lunar capital build claiming "it was his project". Now he technically wasn't wrong. He had started the project a long time ago (like, before i went inactive) and it had been completely abandoned for an extremely long time. Suddenly, when I started working on it and put in almost a hundred hours and had built an entire palace with intricate redstone and entire underground labrynths powered by redstone devices, this guy popped out of nowhere and started destroying everything.

Soon thereafter, a LOT of things happened REALLY fast. Some of these things, I remember as clearly as day and others happened so quickly it's all a blur to me. By the end of it though, there were about a dozen people who sat in a new and private skype group. This was the group that would soon become the founders of Yukkuricraft. Honestly, I still don't think i should have been in that group. Their ideals and mine were similar in direction, but entirely different in principle and idea. However, at the time I was the only person in that group that had hardware to host a server 24/7 for a full small sized server.

Soon I took on the responsibility and position of owner of Yukkuricraft.

What happened after that is a whole 'nother story and not appropriate for this thread, I feel. Needless to say though, a lot has happened since even the beginning of Yukkuricraft. I've met some of my best online friends since then, met some of my most personally challenging people, tested my wits and patience yet granted me some of the greatest moments of my online life. I've made both friends and foes from this server, been able to help a ton of people but at the same time messed up and unnecessarily caused people grief. I've done great things but have done just as many bad.

All in all, Yukkuricraft has been one HELL of a ride and being terribly honest, if I were offered a chance to go back and choose differently when people asked me to start this sever, I might say I would. However, seeing as how that isn't possible and the today I get is the only today I'll have, I can guaran-fuckin'-tee you that if you asked "do you regret that fateful night of deciding?" My answer is hell no. Life's full of ups and downs. For every good, there is a bad. You can't have shadows and darkness if not for light and brightness.

This went a hell of a lot longer than I expected and touched on things I hadn't planned on talking about, but whatever. Minecraft's been an integral part of my life for the past 4 years or so and it's done some of the best and worst things for me that I've ever experienced. It's taught me so many things like software skills, programming, general computer skills as well as human skills like understanding and handling people, management, planning and policy. Honestly, I'm honored and humbled by the fact that by pure luck, I was able to take up this opportunity and run with it. It's been one hell of a ride so far and i don't see it stopping anytime soon.

This is what minecraft is for me. This is what minecraft will be for me.

This is my minecraft story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 11-05-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Wow this thread blew up a second time.

@Remi

Interesting story. There are a few things I'm a bit confused about tough. The first thing to confuse me is that you say that you considered yourself and Admin by 2009. Wasn't minecraft still in classic by that point?

Next is the fact that you saw climbing spiders on your first day. Last I cheked, climbing spiders were first added in Beta 1.2, while you were playing 1.0_1

Also, you said that Minecraft have influenced the last 6 years of you life. Minecraft have only been around for 5. Even if you go back to the first version you don't hit 6 years.

Conclusion: Remi is a time traveler.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
              You make it sound like the entire forum is shitty because of us.
              Originally posted by Yukkurirumia
              "Well Wriggle if he was intending that then I don't see the reason why Mamizoo comes on the forum..."
              Well Wriggle and Rumia, it is my experience that some people just love to hate.

(I kid, Mamizou. Please don't hunt me down and break my arms. XD )

Anyways, my story is relatively short, or perhaps it's longer than I remember. We'll both figure that out in a moment, won't we?

Well, I was in my 3D engineering/CAD Drafting class, and we finished a project relatively early, so we got to play around on the computers. Well, one of the other kids plugged their thumb drives into the computer, and after a minute, he bamegan to play this... strange game. Everything was blocky and pixelated, and the entire basis of this game was to simply survive and build. I always liked first-person games, so this game piqued my interest and stirred my curiosity, so I decided to ask about the game. I soon learned that the game was called "Minecraft", and that it was the simplest, yet most addicting game ever created.

I started put slow at first, but it didn't take long to get hooked. I played all the time; making countless worlds, completing half the game, getting bored of my current world, and creating a new one. This went on for a couple months before I got bored and searched for something more to do. Luckily, Minecraft was also a highly middle game, and after installing as many mods as I could, I was hooked again.

Now, as this was happening, my brother discovered Mcrolled, showed me, and began to do research. I did so as well, but instead of getting hooked on the music and games, I got hooked on the music and lore. I loved the music and found the characters they belonged to to be interesting and unique, so much so that I was constantly listening to the original music and remixes.

Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time before my constant Minecraft and Touhou video watching would prompt Youtube to point me in THC's direction. Unfortunately, I did not click the video, and continued on my merry way.

A few months had passed, and I was further consumed by Touhou's music and lore until I was as hooked to it as I was to Minecraft. The next logical step for me was to see if anyone else felt the same and combined the two interests, so I looked up "Touhou Minecraft". Well, I finally saw the Touhoucraft video of Gensokyo and joined that community, but it was at the worst possible time. I joined as soon as that server closed (temporarily. Last I remember, the Admin needed a break from it all.), so I decided to continue my search for another world. Weeks passed, and I found nothing else like THC, so I went back to my old habits of listening to music and playing Minecraft.

Yet another month passed by (that's a lot of months gone by, huh? ), and I decided to revisit this idea of combining the two interests, and found "The Second Dream". I had a huge grin as I watched the video. Everything I saw was so cool, so much so that thinking about it still makes me smile. Such detail... The size was staggering, even though it was only the first version of the world. The time and effort devoted to creating the world had to be a lot, and I couldn't pass up seeing it for myself.

With my mind set on visiting the Gensokyo map, I typed in the server address and... got a message saying that my client did not support multiplayer. I had been playing on a cracked version of Minecraft, so I did not have the full version. Luckily, there was a download here on the forum, so I clicked the links and downloaded Gensokyo, Makai, and The Lunar City. As I waited, I surfed the forum, quickly reading through it all. I had never really seen a forum before, but I found the jokes and playful jabs tossed around to be interesting, actually welcoming. I was interested, but I was a loner at the time. Why join a community when I didn't really talk much anyway?

Anyway, I opened up the Gensokyo map and started to play, but found that everything kept catching fire. Half of the buildings burned down by the time I found them, making it impossible to enjoy the sightseeing. It was then when I went back to the forum to ask how to fix the problem, bit only members were allowed to post. I was a little reluctant to create an account, but I did it anyways. I would only need the account for one question, so what was the harm in it? I posted my question in the world download thread, got my answer, and reloaded the world. I quickly explored the entire world, and once I was done, I wanted to know more. I could clearly see that the world wasn't finished, and I had already read that the staff was planning to build more, so I stayed and watched the forum.

"Count to 10,000" was what convinced me to post a little bit more. Everyone seemed to be having fun, and I wanted to be a part of it.

I posted a little, but I was a little stiff when it came to posting. To be honest, I was not comfortable with joking around and talking because I never really did that before. Of course, I got more settled in as I posted, and became slightly more comfortable with the community, even joking around with some of the others on occasion.

Before too long, the RP section was established, and I was curious. I had never RPed before, but now was a good time as any to start. Besides, it would be a nice little distraction from the daily hum-bum of life. I then joined the first RP, ATWAG, and went from there. As time went on, I began to open up to the people there, and tried to be the voice of reason when I felt it was needed. It was something else. I didn't know how exactly I had made friends, but I soon found people I could open up to, as a friend should.

Well, I eventually got a Minecraft account and joined the server. When I got there, I was disoriented to say the least, but qscgup helped me get started. He was even so kind as to GIVE me a house. I have RARELY had anyone do anything nice for me, so I was stunned and confused, but grateful, even if I didn't know how to thank him at the time. (Shout-out to you, qsc! ;p)

Time went on, and I eventually got more involved with the server, helping out Alaiyosho and FlowerMaster with mass-destruction and mass block placing. I eventually met 99 (Leon), Aya, Deadmasterchan, and many others, and even though I didn't talk much, I appreciated their company.

Mumble is where things really changed for the better. To be honest, I was nervous to talk to everyone on Mumble, but I soon came to feel at home, and even met Tewi, TRXD, and many other people. I enjoyed listening to each person's stories and ideas, as well as sharing a few of my own. The exchange of ideas was something I always looked forward to. I think that was what I liked most about Mumble; hearing what other people thought for a change instead of just my own. I didn't feel quite as alone as in the past.

Fast forward to December 2013, ATWAG S2 started, and with it came many changes with the RP community, and I changed with it. I became more comfortable with speaking my mind to others, and just speaking to others in general. Sure, I'll admit, we did have a chaotic start, and we did have some timed where our problems would spill out into the other sections of the forum, but I would like to think that we have become more refined. Both the community and I changed for the better.

Anyways, the FTB server, "Release The Yukkuri", was created and I quickly joined it. I was one of the first pioneers in the server, and I loved every minute of it. Our little RTY group quickly set up base, and as our village grew, so did our numbers. I quickly found out that my role among our group was "the ability to not die." After all, the only time I would die would be when somebody would get stupid with the Touhou Items. XD

Well, I was also the kind of person that would help our others in any way I could. I helped FlowerMaster with more block laying, help one person get their stuff from the Nether (50 Embers and 5 Lobbers... still made it out alive. ), and even organized a large raid on the Nether. That raid is where I met Sakores and OniKing.

Anyways, I think that about wraps up my story, or at least that wraps up my history as of now.

Wow! That was a lot longer than I was expecting. Looks like I remembered more than I thought I did. 0-0

Anyways, I personally think that I have been changed for the better by this game. After all, if it wasn't for it, I would have never met the people I have met, and I would still be the cynical, depressed, lonely guy I used to be. I'll be honest, I was socially awkward, quiet, and always felt.. hollow somehow. This game gave me a means to meet people from different walks of life and see that perhaps I am not alone in this world, that there are actually good people out there that are worth listening to. There are people out there that actually made me feel like I was of consequence, that I was important. Granted, I sometimes see or hear about disputes among the staff, or I hear about people hating on us RPers, but even when somebody annoys you or pisses you off, one has to remember that this is a community of many types of people, each one with a different personality, each one with valuable thoughts and ideas, hopes, fears, whatever. The point is that this community changed the way I view people. It taught me that some people occasionally fall frome grace and screw up, that some people just require you to be patient and see what's good about them instead of the bad, that if you give people a chance, you'll learn about them and begin to like them.

This server, this forum, this community taught me patience, how to talk to others, how to care about others, and above all else, how to simply be a better person. Believe it or not, I was the exact opposite of how I am now, and I hope I never go back to that.

Now, I know that this has been a long, melodramatic read (I really pour it on when I speak from the heart ), and that this is supposed to be a story about how Minecraft changed us, but as I read back over other people's stories, as well as my own, I find that it's not just Minecraft or Touhou that influenced our lives, it was the community, the people we meet and talk to. The game and fandom were simply a means to bring us all together and influence one another. In the end, this is not a story about how a game influenced me, it is how a community changed me. ;p
              Last edited by S121; 11-05-2014, 04:21 AM.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                Wow this thread blew up a second time.

@Remi

Interesting story. There are a few things I'm a bit confused about tough. The first thing to confuse me is that you say that you considered yourself and Admin by 2009. Wasn't minecraft still in classic by that point?

Next is the fact that you saw climbing spiders on your first day. Last I cheked, climbing spiders were first added in Beta 1.2, while you were playing 1.0_1

Also, you said that Minecraft have influenced the last 6 years of you life. Minecraft have only been around for 5. Even if you go back to the first version you don't hit 6 years.

Conclusion: Remi is a time traveler.
                The only thing I actually conclusively remember about the timeline was that Multiplayer was at beta 1.1 or 1.2. I guess it was the latter, then. The years I kinda pulled out of my ass cuz i ain't checking dates on a phone. I think if you shift the years forward one year is more accurate. So 2009 =>2010 and whatnot. Climbing spiders was also first day on multiplayer. I was playing for like a month before that. Admin came Like several months after my first multiplayer experience so rather than by year, go by mc version. Probably 1.4 was when I bought an actual minecraft hosting rig (unupgraded version of our current rig)

Yeah, I'm bad with years so just go with the MC version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Remi

So you're not a time traveler?! Aww.

Well, yeah, I guessed that was how it was. It was a bit confusing with things seeming to not be in chronological order.

@S121

Wait a minute?! So your computer didn't catch fire and explode on single player. When I went around Gensokyo 2 and made quest, I couldn't even come close to the bamboo forest. While leaf decay was bad in other parts of the world, and caused a bit of lag, once I got close to the bamboo forest, I went from 60 fps down to 1-5 or even less if I stayed there or got closer. Luckily I actually found and option to disable leaf decay in the options of one of the mods I had downloaded.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Not really. It lagged, but surprisingly, I only suffered minor to moderate lag. I guess I was just lucky. I can't remember what render distance I used.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that is fixable with WE, but I mean, I don't lag at all in Gensokyo 2, I get lagg at the SDM because of the Void Fog but nothing more dangerous
                      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

@Nick

That's on the server right? It's on a whole other level on single player without disabling leaf decay.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Your Minecraft story

@Katrix
                          No, I mean I don't get lag in single player, cuz I WEd all the world to convert the normal leaves into permaleaves, the same did with the permadirt of the roads.

I mean I MCEdited all the world

Comment

I've been playing MC for a long time. I believe I got my first account back during the beta. I played various servers and never really found anything all that interesting to me. The first server I took seriously was a generic economy type server but it ended up resetting after people found out about dupe exploits. I was sad to see it go.

So after that I went to the infamous 2b2t anarchy server because I had heard it was the most difficult server to survive on. I ended up building a few underground bases a few thousand blocks from spawn, thinking I would be safe. I wasn't. This was the type of server where your welcome to the server was with cobblestone superstructures covered with lava and a diamond sword stuck down your throat. There must have been some unholy anti-organic cult because the only way to make it out of spawn without starving to death was with zombie meat. There was literally no food or wood of any kind until about 5000 blocks out.

Eventually I grew sick of that and at some point I heard about touhoucraft. The whole place was pretty dead. I went to survival to find a home, and was killed a few dozen times because the staff was bored. Eventually I made some awful looking house and gave up trying to maintain it. After several months of this kind of stuff on 2b2t I had grown tired of it and I essentially gave up minecraft at that point. A couple months later I checked up on THC and I don't remember the details but someone ended up mentioning Yukkuricraft. I thought I might as well check it out because Touhoucraft really didn't suit me.

When I joined YC I did the same as I always did: I roamed around in survival and made a home. My first house was somewhere between old kagome and what would eventually be the site of Yuuka's first mansion. I pretty much kept to myself. I was never really the social type, so apart from trying to get to know my neighbors I didn't really fit in. I checked out the mumble a few times and honestly gave up on trying to do anything. Eventually I met Alayosho and became aquainted with the adventurer's guild and tried to make friends with the people I met there. I made a small house on the outskirts and while it wasn't all that impressive I felt happier being a part of some sort of community. I played on and off for several months during that time period, still not reaching senior yet.

After taking a hiatus because of the survival reset, I came back to a different Yukkuricraft I saw builders come and go. Almost all of my friends had left for some reason or other. On top of that I started to become frustrated with my inability to really do anything or move up on the server. I started practicing building pagoda-style buildings in creative using parts of gensokyo and kagome town as a starting point to develop my own style. At first nothing looked really that good. My proportions were off and the structures were boring. At some point Yuuka and I met and I helped structure her town. I still was new to building but I was able to make some cool stuff. From that time forward I made a lot of new friends, and I continued to spend most of my time helping out at Yuuka's town.

It was at this point in time that I opted to take a long break. Not only was I getting tired of being constantly driven into a wall trying to work on various projects, but I eventually became frustrated with the server in general. I had accumulated around 25 days on the server. I was 5th in stats for most blocks placed and around 6th for blocks removed. At the time only the builders had more. I started to wonder what it would take for me to get recognized, because I was sure it wasn't gonna happen in Hana no Machi. At some point my friend DogCalico stopped playing altogether and I became even more frustrated with things.

This culminated in me taking another long hiatus, which only ended recently. As of now I am just helping out on whatever projects I can. I helped out on the recently finished hypervessel with Shimitty and I was grateful for the opportunity to work on something that would one day make it to gensokyo. As of now I have been working on my build in the Lunar Capital and I am hopeful that it will make it into Gensokyo at some point. After the Lunar Capital is mostly finished I will probably move towards helping out on the blazing hells. I am Orin, after all.
                            Last edited by LiShengshun; 02-27-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

(By the way, I'm not back.)

My minecraft story? MY FUCKING STORY?

-Before Minecraft-
                              It was 2012, I watch some video of minecraft and I like the look of it, And friends of mine liked it too, So I got my mum to get it for me.

-Before YC-
                              In 2013 I got minecraft and i loved it, And i was on servers in no time, But then I started griefing, It was fun back then, I was a dick in my days of griefing, But it was nice.

-The times of YC-
                              I watch the Gensokyo video, And i join YC just to do some griefing, I was banned in a day, But I was unbanned in 3 day, But I did't get on in like 5? 7? day, because of life,
                              I was back on YC, And OH BOY, I was hated, And i got banned, For "griefing" and that fucking BS, And i got unbanned, And i got banned for PVP and I got unbanned.

Well that's it, I'm a bit more liked on now just a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X