X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Epiphany (and a Confession)

Greetings again, Yukkuricraft. Tonight, on this new moon, I'm here to tell you all about something. A confession of mine that I have kept silent for my entire time here.

I'm an Astrolater (a worshipper of celestial objects). But more specifically, I worship the moon.

I record moon phases and keep track of the lunar cycle, I pray to the moon on every full moon or any night that it is visible, and I rather find greater solace and comfort in moon viewing and stargazing over anything. Not even playing my favourite video games, watching my favourite anime, or any manner of calming activity can outdo that of the moon.

For a portion of my life, I have found myself attached to things pertaining to that of the night and that of the moon. It is unknown as to how or when it came about. But I think it was but a couple of years ago that I came to such a religious epiphany. In some way, I still can't grasp the concept of it. Sure, my beliefs are straightforward but the reality of it in a world like this is something that I have yet to comprehend. Beliefs like mine, something that would rather exist in that of a work of fiction, existing in this modern and technological world? A set of beliefs that seem like that of a young child's or that of a fiction writer? Praising the moon? Surely, no-one would accept such unrealistic and fantasy-like beliefs like mine.

And this is what I rather want to talk to everyone about. My crippling fear of sharing my beliefs with the world. My fear that I would be completely rejected for my unrealistic and fantasy-like beliefs. A fear that forced me to almost be completely silent about my beliefs. Only ever hinting at them in my messages, fiction pieces, or sometimes in other subtle manners (like my current profile picture). I was so afraid of sharing my beliefs that I would literally do anything to ensure that it never spreads. Should someone reveal such a fact about my Astrolatric beliefs, I would do everything in my path to ensure that they say no more about it.

I have only openly talked about my beliefs to one person here (although I might have revealed it in the past) but it's obvious that a few others are aware. Some only having but a few hunches while others are well aware. And it's because of this fact and because of my fear that I have decided to talk about this.

On the 15th of September, a cycle and a quarter ago, I was playing on the Yukkuricraft server. In a bout of randomness, I decided to roam the outskirts of Kagome in survival with Shadowwolf365. Eventually, Kogasa__Tatara (Katrix) decided to join me and have some mischief, like the adorable guy he is. At the time, Kogasa was merely Katrix's prankster account. An account that he made many a month ago and then decided to prank me with from late August until his promotion. While I was aware of Kogasa's identity, I was still playing along and letting Katrix do his own thing. Thing is that, he decided to do a couple of things that I wasn't exactly happy about. Some that are merely innocent acts of mischief while others were slightly annoying.

The following conversation is what happened when I hinted at my intentions of getting a Lunar Kill against Katrix as a means of getting him to stop messing with me:

TRXD: I could either wait til moon rise or not.
    Kogasa__Tatara: What happens then?!
    TRXD: *giggles* Looks like you don't know me well.
    Kogasa__Tatara: Of course I do. You love the moon and everything asocciates with it
    Shadowwolf365: owo;
    Kogasa__Tatara: Including the moon youkai
    TRXD: ...
    Kogasa__Tatara: You hate Kaguya tough
    TRXD: YOU BASTARD! Why would you say all of that in public?!

Kogasa__Tatara was shot by TRXD

TRXD: LUNAR KILL!
    Shadowwolf365: .w.
    Mystogan_1O: yikes
    TRXD: With that. I'll now take my leave.
    TRXD has left the game

In short, when I spoke of my intentions of getting a Lunar Kill, Katrix got curious as to what I said and asked as to what would happen upon moonrise. When I cockily stated that Katrix didn't know me well enough, he outright revealed my love for the moon and in turn potentially gave away the fact that I am an Astrolater. I murdered Katrix because I got so defensive of my beliefs and was shocked by the revelation. Katrix. Never would I turn against Katrix and yet, because of my fear and commitment to my beliefs, I murdered him regardless.

In a way, I feel guilty for my actions and for what had happened. I outright murdered my best friend (despite him being in disguise) on grounds that he unlawfully disclosed my innermost beliefs and interests. Something that in one perspective could be considered wrong but in another way could be considered fine as Katrix did do something that I was not comfortable with in the slightest. Deep down, the remnants of said acts still, to this day, remain in my mind. Even after more than a cycle, I still can't help but think about it. To this day, I'm not sure as to whether it's because I feel so guilty or because I feel like I'm so damn defensive of my own beliefs.

But, in my last moon viewing, I came to an epiphany. Why do I need to be damn afraid and defensive of my own beliefs? I worship the moon and that's that. Why should I be afraid of what other people think of that? People already know that I'm an otaku, a gamer, an anime lover, and have some rather questionable interests already. What difference does it make that I worship a celestial object instead of praising some god or follow some prophet's teachings? Sure, my beliefs are considered sinful in the likes of Christianity but, hey, I worship who I worship and that's that.

So as a whole, I learned something from this all. Not only from my murder of Katrix and my last viewing but also from writing this. Don't be afraid of what you believe in. Love what you choose to love. If I can love the moon, then who's to say as to what one can and cannot admire. Don't ever doubt yourself. Don't ever be afraid to admit your beliefs and feelings. You never know, you could find someone of equal interests and beliefs.

Thanks for reading. I'm glad to finally get this off my chest and put it to rest once and for all.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-23-2014, 08:16 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

That is amazing, TR. If anyone knew me well enough, they'd know I'm shameless, but even I wouldn't man up to announce my beliefs. I'm a technical satanist, and more. Like I said, I won't say. But this ain't bout me, though. I like the belief you have. I look up to the moon. After all, I need all the help I can get.

Comment

to be honest I find it strange why you keep so much secrecy about your stuff TR, we are on the internet and the only way you could be hurt is by verbal stuff. It isn´t like if suddenly everyone would hate you for your love for the moon. Heck I knew about it since the TSU RP or even before probably
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
        To be frank, I don't know myself. Deep down, I know it's bizarre to keep things like these secret when one can easily figure it out, yourself included. It's just a habit of mine. Keeping traits of mine and certain personal aspects of myself secret despite how easily they can be revealed. Heck, all one needed to do was analyse the RP General discussion or any manner of media pertaining featuring or created by myself in order to realise the information that I disclosed here.

Deep down, it's just a silly fear of mine and I'm perfectly aware of it. But it's something that has been a part of me for a long time. And this thread is one of my attempts to break it.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

well, just be yourself and if you are asked about it, just be honest.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

TRXD, your words are truly inspiring... I have a confession to make as well. Ever since I stopped being ashamed of being transgender, I started to suspect there was a God (before that, I was completely atheist.) However, this God wasn't the good old man you'd expect. This God was malevolent, hateful, & all around bad. At first, I was scared of the possibility. I didn't want an evil God messing with my life! It bothered me for this entire year so far. Then, about a month ago, I was doing my "nerd studies", trying to get random trivia, when suddenly, something called Gnosticism crossed my eye. It taught me that the "God of Abraham" that created this world was not a god at all, but rather a malevolent, foolish being who falsely believes to be the first thing in existence, that this so called God, known primarily as the Demiurge, uses Archons to control humans, that beyond him are beings known as Aeons, led by the True God, the Monad, in a place known as the Pleroma, that Jesus Christ came to Earth to inform people of the Monad, & that by studying Gnostic texts, doing truly good deeds, & rejecting material goods to the point of destitution, that one can achieve the state of gnosis, & thus get pass the Archons, & reach the Pleroma. I was hooked. And thus I became a Gnostic. Not a very good Gnostic, but still.

TRXD, I'm glad you're worshipping the Moon. If my children worshipped the Moon, I'd be very happy. If they worshipped the Sun, I'd be very happy. Even if they worshipped the Demiurge, I'd only be slightly disappointed. I believe in freedom of religion, as long as nothing harmful is done in the name of that religion. We will always be friends, no matter what you believe in. I guarantee it.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

TRXD, i have to say, I respect you for this decision to write this out. I honestly believe that if you truly believe in something, you should tell someone, which I have failed to do. Man, freedom of religion is great thing.speaking of the moon.. Those moon portals in rty

Comment

@TRXD

Huh, I would have never thought it. Of course, now that you've opened up about it, I feel a little dumb for not seeing it staring me in the face. XD

It shows courage to be open about yourself, and like everyone else here has said, I respect and admire you for that. You don't have to be nervous or scared about opening up to us, because we are a community, a family of sorts. After all, who can you be open around, if not your family?

Personally, I have always believed that religion does not define the person, their actions, ideas, and morals do. You can have any belief in the world and be a good Christian, Bhuddist, or anything in between, but what truly matters is if you are a good person that treats others with respect and kindness. For me, I believe that we live and we die. Death is inevitable, but what matters is what we do with our time here, how we spend it. I believe that taking the time to help one another and change things for the better is time well spent.

Don't sweat it, we all believe in something. We are a family, so you don't have to worry about us. ;p
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

There's really nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to what you believe. I like to look at the moon as well but i have my own reasons. I've heard a lot of confessions since i've been on the server and trust me. There isn't anything you can say that would make us think any less of you.

Comment

I honestly grateful for such the willing acceptance of my faith in Astrolatry.

To be honest, I rather just wanted to share my story and my realisation than let my beliefs themselves be the main topic. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Deep down, I'm happy to see people not dismiss my love of the moon as merely a childish act or some stupid LARP (not insulting LARPing).

It's to this end that I will try not be afraid to admit or talk about such subjects. And it's also why I hope to renew myself on Yukkuricraft and in almost every aspect of my online profiles. I am no longer Flandre, the vampire child born from and living in tragedy. I am Luna Child. The young fairy of the moon.

(Atashi no kokoro. Unlock!)

Comment

We don't mind in what you believe in as long as it's not causing harm to others, especially to those in the community.

If someone has an issue with someone's belief that causes disruptive or general bad behavior in the community, tell them to speak to me or any of the admins and that they better have some really good reasons for it.

Comment

Moon is nice though.

*ILLUMINONSENSE INBOUND*
                        moon
                        "oo" can be eyeballs
                        illuminati has eye for symbol
                        moon confirmed illuminati
                        illuminati has three i's
                        half life has an i
                        half life 3 confirmed
                        w-what is this autism aura??
                        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

I don't judge what you believe in; you can state what you believe in and I would respect that. As long as you don't flaunt it about and try shoving it down people's throat, obviously.
                          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

believe in the weed

Comment

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post
                              believe in the weed
                              lunar weed
                              w-what is this autism aura??
                              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                              X