X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention participants!

You have until TODAY at 11:59 PM PST to send me your OU team. Failure to do so will result in an automatic disqualification. If you've already sent me your team, then yay, you're in! If not, hurry up and claim your spot!
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Attention participants!

Team drafting phase is over. You cannot make any changes on your OU team anymore.

Because Tewi has expressed removal from the OU tournament, she will not participate in the OU tournament. She will however return for the Random battle tournament.

However this means there are only 3 participants, which makes it very difficult. Thus, I will be adding myself in as a replacement participant to match the desired tournament participant member of 4 and above. It's not professional, I know, but with so little interest I have no other choice.

The bracket for the OU Tournament is in this link. Overview who you will be facing, Then, make an appointment with your opponent to play an OU match within the due date of May 24th. The winner of the match must send me the result with the replay.

Good luck, participants!
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Welp. This is gonna be interesting. I can already see who's winning (unless you happen to go soft on us, Wriggle) .
        Rather disappointed with the turnout though. So many people in the community that love Pokémon but didn't sign up. Makes me wonder if it's the lack of forum activity, the fact that competitive can be a turn-off, or simply for some random factor.

Anyways, let the (little) Tournament of Shame begin. Looking forward to battling SUSTIC.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I WILL DESTROY YOU IN THE HEAT OF INTENSE BATTLE!!!!!!

But yes. Looking forward to it.

Just message me on Steam and/or hop onto Mumble whenever you wanna battle. I'm free whenever
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-16-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Would me using Pokemon that are UU or less (Or even lower) make it fair?
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
              I don't care. If you wanna do that, you can. I'm fine with you using an OU team or whatever.

@SUSTIC
              Got indigestion problems rn. Battle will have to wait. idk when.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Tis fine TRXD I can wait whenever

Comment

So, sorry for the late response, my friend really wants to play in the random mode, could he still join?

IGN: sfdavid98
                  Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Random I think he should be fine since it hasn't started yet. I'll add him to the list. But make sure he follows the schedule accordingly.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

HE MISSED THE LEAF STOOOOORM!

And the first round's winner is Sustic with a hard-fought 2-0.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-374207709
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not completely sure what went wrong. I do think I played as best as I could given some of the circumstances. That said, I should have done with using Volt Switch on Woshua (Wash-Rotom) -for some reason I forgot to use Volt Switch!- and not switching in Gardevoir while Charizard X was still in play. Gardevoir does not have good Defense and putting her against a Physical attacker like Charizard X was a bad move.
                        I'll likely provide some more commentary and personal thoughts when the time comes. But considering that I still have 1-3 more battles left, I don't think sharing all my thoughts and perspectives on my team's (and my own) performance is necessarily a good idea.

That said, SUSTIC and I had plenty of fun this match. And quite the fun in Random battles afterwards. (Makes me want to consider if I should join the Random tournament too.)
                        I really do hope more people acknowledge this fun little event and decide to join us in the future. It really is fun.

And yes, the Leaf Storm miss was a big bummer... But that's what I get when I place my faith in RNG.

Comment

"IT'S NOT MOXIE?" - TRXD 2016

And the second round's winner is moi.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-375477836

First round is all completed. Bracket has been updated, and from now participants may freely battle their opponents when time is given and report their winnings on this thread with the replay.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-375483918
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, I've decided I'm gonna enter the Random Battle tournament. I've been playing more than enough Random Battles to say that I wanna take part. That said, I still need to arrange my battle against Ri so that the next round can commence in OU. idk when exactly that can happen.

Comment

@TR

I'm usually on around 4-5 PM GMT+8, I'm not too sure if you're awake at that time but that's pretty much when I'll be on during weekdays. However I'll be on pretty early in Saturday so don't fret if you can wait. Sorry about it, schedule's pretty right nowadays due to tests being pushed back and exams on next week. I'm on the forums and on Steam so feel free to PM me.
                                Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
                                rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Working...
                                X