Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YC meet up in jail!!

i rarely make threads so i hope im putting this in the right place
    Japanese Government Enforcing Anti-Piracy Law on Anime and Manga

"Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry revealed its Manga-Anime Guardians project, which will monitor and remove illegally uploaded copies of anime and manga. The project aims to create an environment where people can enjoy official versions, spur creation, and continue to create new works and cultivate new talent. The METI states online piracy hurts Japan by nearly $20 billion. Over half of US anime and manga fans watch and read pirated works, according to the METI.

The project is a part of the Manga-Anime Anti-Piracy Committee, which includes Aniplex, Kadokawa, Good Smile Company, Kodansha, Sunrise, Shueisha, Shogakukan, ShoPro, Studio Ghibli, Tezuka Productions, Toei Animation, TMS Entertainment, Bandai Namco Games, Pierrot, and Bushiroad."

Read more in the link above.

Sites that are supposedly gonna be shut down or have their animoo and mangas cleansed.

Crunchyroll confirms

Fail or Success? Discuss.

> myspace
    It's a joke, they're trying to scare us into buying our anime.

In all seriousness, this is probably going to hurt Japan more than it helps them due to the overwhelming population that will refuse to pay for their anime.
    Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 07-31-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
      > myspace
      It's a joke, they're trying to scare us into buying our anime.

In all seriousness, this is probably going to hurt Japan more than it helps them due to the overwhelming population that refuse to pay.
      Correct! I don't have an actual link to the article, but a study had shown that streaming anime from YouTube and pirating it actually increased sales.

and why is Megaupload on that list? MU was shutdown by the gov. long ago ._.
      My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
      Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

if this thing were to b real, then, as Lunasa says, the economy of manga/anime would seriously get punched because the "illegal" works have opened the gates of anime/manga to us, thus making us get interested in actually buying stuff legally. (Has whole Chibi vampire, saber marionette and Full metal alchemist manga and two touhou figurines)

And even more, how come we just know this if it started in January 17 of this year? Surely someone on the internet should have noticed this in all these 7 months
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

YC meet up in jail!!

Well...

If they can guarantee, that ALL anime and manga (both old and new) will be uploaded to, and be available to everyone, on proper sites, (such as Crunchyroll) I am fine with this.

If not, how will I be able to watch
          "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni"?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/
          Last edited by Eashiftzr1; 07-31-2014, 05:40 PM.
          You know, if you know me.
          The sun, the world, the universe.

Comment

Have to agree with Ea here. It's going to be even worse for those series that are pretty much impossible to find anymore because they're so old.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

>shutting down the pirate bay. Sorry can't stop laughing at that.

Edit: now that i think of it all this really dose is give us a list of places where we COULD pirate anime or manga. GG guys GG
              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 07-31-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Just so you know I'm not paying your bails. I'll visit you guys in prison though!

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Fail if you ask me. If it weren't for unofficial dubs and subs, there are a number of series that overseas viewers like me wouldn't even know about. The "piracy" that they're so worried about generates fandoms for things people might otherwise not even know are out there. Those fans then turn around and pressure distributors to localize, buy games and other merchandise, and yes, even purchase series' they originally watched over these sites they want to shut down on DVD, so that they can watch them when/where they want, share them with friend, or even just to show appreciation and support to the studios. Cutting off a huge source of free, grass-roots advertising is not the way to turn a profit, even assuming that they are able to enforce this in the first place.

Comment

I watch pirated animes because of my current financial status (aka broke as fuck). I do plan on buying some I like once I get a job. But yeah, can they really remove content from sites hosted out of Japan? I don't like legal stuffs. :3

Comment

lol they say shutting down or removing and bakabt isn't even on there. Idiots.

And this ain't going to work for shit. It'll also help get the pleibs who stream crap away. Or rather, the people who can't figure out how to install a torrent client and use some sites.

Also, likely people will just move their servers to neutral lands and let the Japanese government bitch. If you can freaking watch hollywood movies the day after they come out in the US, I doubt Japan can do much about anime.

Comment

GOTTA DOWNLOAD ALL THE DOUJINSHIS BEFORE THEY GO AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by Yukkurirumia View Post
                          GOTTA DOWNLOAD ALL THE DOUJINSHIS BEFORE THEY GO AWAY
                          Too late. Wani had to go on a little DMCA spree and as a result, Ex and some other sites had their content nuked. Of course, within the next half an hour, /a/ brought up NH, Madokama, and probably other underground networks that I don't know of.
                          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Tenko, links. (I wasn't aware of the new networks)

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                              Just so you know I'm not paying your bails. I'll visit you guys in prison though!
                              Ouh, I'll come with you as well to visit them all~

Comment

Working...
                              X