Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have played: A bit of the first one, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. I'm not very good at Zelda though ^-^
    ~IW

Comment

Seeing Yuga... yup a female with too much make up XD

and there is already fanart of princess of Lorule (seriously, just mirrored stuff and upside down triforce?)

Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

actually, the upside down triforce isn't new...
        It's been used a few times before (LoZ WW on the door of houses on Outset) and I think there was an instance before where on Zelda it was upside down. Though my bad memory is kicking in there...

Comment

Double post update

So I have reached my verdict on the gameplay of ALBW.

It is beautiful.
          The made it where they don't hand ya things on a silver platter. You gotta find em.

This.
          Is.
          a.
          Zelda.
          Game.

An example: The bug net and the power gloves.
          If you didn't visit the one house in kakariko, then you wouldn't get the bug net (which functions the same as in ALttP and thus the best item in the game )
          The power gloves are a vital item and you don't get em unless you explore near the base of death mountain.
          Even the Shield.
          You don't get a shield until you visit the shop and buy it for 50 rupees.

The game forces you to explore. Plus it isn't linear. once you clear Eastern Temple, you get the choice of going to Hera's Tower or the Gale temple (already forgot the true name)

They did right with this one.
          They did so right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
            Double post update

So I have reached my verdict on the gameplay of ALBW.

It is beautiful.
            The made it where they don't hand ya things on a silver platter. You gotta find em.

This.
            Is.
            a.
            Zelda.
            Game.

An example: The bug net and the power gloves.
            If you didn't visit the one house in kakariko, then you wouldn't get the bug net (which functions the same as in ALttP and thus the best item in the game )
            The power gloves are a vital item and you don't get em unless you explore near the base of death mountain.
            Even the Shield.
            You don't get a shield until you visit the shop and buy it for 50 rupees.

The game forces you to explore. Plus it isn't linear. once you clear Eastern Temple, you get the choice of going to Hera's Tower or the Gale temple (already forgot the true name)

They did right with this one.
            They did so right.
            Sounds like what a Zelda game should be. A non-linear adventure, that is enjoyable. Not just handing stuff to you whenever you need it.

Even though I haven't played much Zelda games (only played A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, A little bit of Twilight Princess, only barely touched Ocarina of Time, played and beaten Oracle of Ages/Seasons several times, and the same goes for the first 2 Zelda games.)

I'm missing out on the Zelda series...

Comment

@ SUS

If you've played ALttP
              Get this new one.

It just feels so good...
              I haven't felt this way about a new Zelda since...
              ...The first time I played any of what I call the Classic era games.
              Of course the order I played them was different from their release dates, because it was only a few years ago I began collecting them. So I played some of the Classic Era games after modern era.

So when I say that this is the first Modern Era game that plays like the classic era...I mean it.

(Note: I use WW as the transition point from Classic to Modern. WW is kinda like the number 0. it fits in my mind in neither classic nor modern era. (It's neither positive nor negative.)

Comment

@Cucoo

Then I'm going to need to get a new 3DS =_=;; Mine kind of... broke when my cat knocked it off my table and onto my kitchen floor. It's sad too though. I mean I just got Sonic Lost World for the 3DS when it came out. Though this is a Zelda thread, so let's keep the focus on Zelda.

Comment

Darn it, Cucoo! You make me want the game so badly right now! But I haven't had any time today to get it and I'll be doing a lot of work tomorrow.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ TRXD

@ SUS

Can't believe I'm saying this, but there is the 2DS
                    ...as much as I initially thought Nintendo was trolling with it, it is a possible cheaper alternative. Though I personally think the lack of folding is...sad.
                    Also ALBW actually makes better use of the 3D effects than most. It adds a useful dynamic to the game.
                    Personally...it's the first game where it's useful to play in 3D mode.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Everything Cucoo says is giant load of...
                      TRUTH!

I just beat mine a little while ago and
                      It. Was. Awesome.
                      Nintendo seriously went all out on this one.
                      And if my opinion can help nudge any fence-sitters: Buy it. There will be no regrets.

Now I'm off to take on Hero Mode!

Comment

@ Mega

There a playclock aye? How long did it take ya?
                        I've just gotten into Lorule.

Dark world theme is BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER~<3

Comment

If there's a clock, I don't see it... -_-

But after some quick mathitude,
                          I'd say it took me around 18-20 hours. (All Hearts and Maiamai.)
                          I pretty much only stopped playing to sleep after I got it yesterday.

And yes it is!
                          I was also digging the little Flute Boy's rendition of it. ^_^

Comment

well dayum.
                            I wish I could pull it off that fast.

normally I only beat just the story in that amount of time the first playthrough XD

So do you get permanent versions of the items or you only use the rentals for the larger majority?

Comment

I don't think I've EVER beat a new Zelda game that quickly before.
                              I was prolly just really in the groove of things.

You should be able to start buying them for keeps after you save What's-is-face-the-Sage-that-thought-he-was-hot-stuff-and-got-Yuga'd-in-the-Eastern-Palace.
                              (Don't remember his name, but that should be close enough.)
                              How long that takes depends entirely on which dungeons you do first though.

Comment

Ah...It's pretty much once you get to Lorule the merchant lets ya buy em.

Comment

Working...
                                X